Rowing

utlagi

Awards
Does anyone here use MST's products for rowing?

I'm considering getting some products from MST. There's not enough hard evidence that I can find, so I was considering running an informal, but serious, double-blind study using volunteers from my college rowing team.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd be stoked to see something like that. As one who participates in various endurance races you have my interest.

utlagi

Awards
I was planning to try both Cordygen5 and VO2 Ultra, depending on how many rowers end up volunteering. It would probably take place the last week of February or first week of March, because our team should be reasonably condiditioned by that date.

Any other product reccomendations would be appreciated also.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Possibly start with one for a set period of time to allow time for it to show results before adding the second. Without running each one by itself to see which had the most impact this would possibly allow somewhat of an ability to see the impact of each. If you start of with both and se good results we know that together they had an impact, but was it both together or possibly just one of them.

utlagi

Awards
Copycat - The method I'm planning to use would be to separate rowers into groups of 3-4, then give each group only one supplement, including possibly a placebo (Vitamin C, Sugar Pill, or Fish Oil - whatever I can find that looks like a supplement). The groups definitely wouldn't know exactly what they're taking. If I wanted to make it double blind, I could make it so anyone administering the products also didn't know what was what - but "double-blind" just seems like overkill for this.

Results would be compared to each individual rower's recent (1-2 weeks prior) performance during an indoor rowing machine competition.

Not entirely ideal, but I'm heavily constrained by sample size and PITA factor.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Copycat - The method I'm planning to use would be to separate rowers into groups of 3-4, then give each group only one supplement, including possibly a placebo (Vitamin C, Sugar Pill, or Fish Oil - whatever I can find that looks like a supplement). The groups definitely wouldn't know exactly what they're taking. If I wanted to make it double blind, I could make it so anyone administering the products also didn't know what was what - but "double-blind" just seems like overkill for this.

Results would be compared to each individual rower's recent (1-2 weeks prior) performance during an indoor rowing machine competition.

Not entirely ideal, but I'm heavily constrained by sample size and PITA factor.

Touche :afro: