Becoming a Tough Mudder! - From now til April '11

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Hey Everyone, thanks for dropping by! This is a personal training log that i'm going to be running from now until April because I am competing in the Tough Mudder. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, I am posting a youtube video at the bottom here, but its basically just a sick race with a ton of obstacles.

I wont be doing TOO much commentary, but i'll post each day's session in my progress towards reaching my physical fitness needs to compete. I could really use your support in here :)

skip to about 2:45 in the video to start seeing the action!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Wednesday - 10/27/10

Warmups - RED2 work with some DMC motions. 20-40 yard "punts" with a soccer ball to aid in loosening my hips and thighs. Some moves from "Pink : Live at Crystal Cove".

Action - Tosses with a 5kg MedBall (Chest pass, Overhead pass, Walking chest pass, Walking overhead pass, side lateral pass, scoop through). Renegade Gassers (3 total). 30 yard jogs with 20 yard sprints (6 total). Lateral Sprints (3 total spanning 100 yards each). .5 mile jog.

Cooldown - Some moves from "Pink : Live at Crystal Cove". Standard Rx Motions.

CJPopovich

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! That looks like awesome conditioning... good luck!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Awesome! That looks like awesome conditioning... good luck!
thanks buddy :)

whatcha mean by "moves from Pink: Live at Crystal Cove"?
other than that, nice work and good luck you Tough Mudder Fudder
its a yoga DVD from the company I am certified through. lol thanks for the good luck

You know I am good for a sub! :D
me too...turkey, roast beef, and ham!!

oh...you meant you'd follow along then? nice ;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Chuck, when/where will this be held?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Chuck, when/where will this be held?
its april 10/11 in Allentown, PA....but they have them all over the place. their site is toughmudder.com I think. Im sure there's one closer to you...ya know...unless you want to come to PA and race with me :)

ps - its only one day...they have it 2 days in a row at the same site, but you only race once. Its predicted to take 2.5 hours

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If you miss this one don't worry, you'll be subjected to this on a daily basis when you get to OCS and then the Fleet. :drillsergeant:

shhh...I wont be there for any of that business. With this one he can come hangout with me ;)

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LAME!!! better drive to allentown PA then ;)
My car is this amazing sports car. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, The thing is lightning quick, stops on a dime, and slides flawlessly through any corner.

Then I wake up and realize that I don't own a car, and use CTA (Chicago's train/bus service) :(

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
My car is this amazing sports car. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, The thing is lightning quick, stops on a dime, and slides flawlessly through any corner.

Then I wake up and realize that I don't own a car, and use CTA (Chicago's train/bus service) :(
This....could create some issues.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Tuesday - 11/2/10

Opening Stretches
32kg Kettlebell Swings
6 sets x 15 reps
24kg Kettlebell Snatch
8 sets x 8 reps
24Kg Kettlebell Long Cycle
8 sets x 6 reps
24kg Kettlebell Squat with 30 sec Pause last rep
8 sets x 6 reps
16kg Kettlebell Core Cycle
1 sets x 3 mins
Planks/Horse/superman
2 sets x 30 secs ea.
Closing Stretches

I have been ill for about a week now and finally feeling better so tuesday I began working out again. I will be posting Wednesday's now. Thu was an off day and I am going to hit it nicely tonight as well :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Wednesday - 11/3/10

Warmups - RED2 work with some DMC motions. 20-40 yard "punts" with a soccer ball to aid in loosening my hips and thighs. Some soccerball shooting at a goal for about 20 minutes. Some moves from "Pink : Live at Crystal Cove".

Action - Tosses with a 5kg MedBall (Chest pass, Overhead pass, Walking chest pass, Walking overhead pass, side lateral pass, scoop through). Renegade Gassers (4 total). 30 yard jogs with 20 yard sprints (6 total). Lateral Sprints (2 total spanning 100 yards each). .25 mile jog.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Friday - 11/5/10
Warmups - RED2 work with some DMC motions. Some moves from "Pink : Live at Crystal Cove".
Action - 1 mile jog in exactly 9 minutes right around 152bpm the entire time. I have to get that time MUCH faster, and I sure will :). about 15 minutes of work on the heavy bag doing jabs, crosses, hooks, and roundhouse/front kicks.

Saturday - 11/6/10
Warmups - RED2 work with some DMC motions. Some moves from "Pink : Live at Crystal Cove".
Action - These exercises were performed in a circuit and all were done for 4 sets x 6 reps.

Deadlift with weird rock thingy (im guessing around 200lbs)
Overhead Press with short heavy log (around 75lbs)
Supinating Curls with 20lb DB's
Russian twists with long, narrow log (probably around 35lbs)

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everytime I see an update I become jealous I cant compete in this.

Are you doing the tattoo?
Does your city have the run through fire portion?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Everytime I see an update I become jealous I cant compete in this.

Are you doing the tattoo?
Does your city have the run through fire portion?
we DO have the fire right at the end, and as long as I finish the race on my own 2 feet...I WILL be getting the ink afterwards :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll be running it as well!! Glad to see other people into adventure races. I'm assuming you are up in PA if you are running that one. Did you get in on the Warrior Dash? It was a couple wks ago in PA, but only 3.11 miles. Still fun though. Did I see you are projecting 2.5 hrs for completion? That's beastly man! The course is 18 miles up and down the mountain with obstacles... leaving you to maintain a sub 8.5 minute mile throughout.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
sh1t I have a lot of missed workouts.
Monday 11/8/10 - Just some stretches and light bodyweight stuff

Tuesday - 11/9/10
Action -
32kg Kettlebell Swings
4 sets x 15 reps
24kg Kettlebell Snatch
4 sets x 8 reps
24Kg Kettlebell Long Cycle
4 sets x 6 reps
24kg Kettlebell Squat with 30 sec Pause last rep
4 sets x 6 reps
16kg Kettlebell Core Cycle
1 sets x 3 mins
Planks/Horse/superman
2 sets x 30 secs ea.

Wednesday - 11/10/10

Action - Tosses with a 5kg MedBall (Chest pass, Overhead pass, Walking chest pass, Walking overhead pass, side lateral pass, scoop through). Renegade Gassers (3 total). 30 yard jogs with 20 yard sprints (6 total). Lateral Sprints (3 total spanning 100 yards each). 1 mile jog.

Friday - 11/12/10
Just some basic stretching and such

Tuesday - 11/16/10
Planks/Horse/superman/flying squirrel
3 sets x 30 secs ea
Tables and Bridges
3 sets x 45 secs ea
Heavy Bag Work
5 rnds x 3 mins ea.

Wednesday 11/17/10

Action - Tosses with a 5kg MedBall (Chest pass, Overhead pass, Walking chest pass, Walking overhead pass, side lateral pass, scoop through). Renegade Gassers (3 total). 30 yard jogs with 20 yard sprints (6 total). Lateral Sprints (3 total spanning 100 yards each). 1 mile jog.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Friday - 11/19/10
Just some basic stretches and such. I got hired for a new job (thank god) and I took kind of a leave of absence from real working out for a few days with all the interviews and tours and such i've had to take....its been wild. I had to get A LOT of blood testing and immunizations and such also because i'm joining the culinary team for our local hospital.

Tuesday - 11/23/10

Action - in a funny twist, I decided to whip out my honey's "tae-bo" video and follow along with that. When you havent done a workout similar to that in a while, it really kicks your arse lol

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Action - in a funny twist, I decided to whip out my honey's "tae-bo" video and follow along with that. When you havent done a workout similar to that in a while, it really kicks your arse lol
Reminds me of when I used to throw in a P90X cardio dvd, those things can kick your ass.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Action - in a funny twist, I decided to whip out my honey's "tae-bo" video and follow along with that. When you havent done a workout similar to that in a while, it really kicks your arse lolQUOTE]

Reminds me of when I used to throw in a P90X cardio dvd, those things can kick your ass.
ive never done it, but I heard the "ab ripper" dvd by those clowns is supposed to be very good

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Never did the P90X thing but my girl did buy the INSANITY dvd's. It's not just a clever name either as the pace that the dude goes at is crazy, I'll admit that I couldn't keep up to it, wasn't even close.... unbelievable cardiovascular work, in fact I should start doing them again...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey, just wanted to follow up and see how your training is going? Your tough mudder should be coming up in April right?

I'm registered for the on in SoCal in May.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Hey, just wanted to follow up and see how your training is going? Your tough mudder should be coming up in April right?

I'm registered for the on in SoCal in May.
yes please follow the new log!

I discontinued this log because by the time I got a paycheck that I could spare the money to sign up for the mudder, both event days were sold out :(. Looks like I have to delay my participation sadly. I may try for warrior dash in June i believe it is.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes please follow the new log!

I discontinued this log because by the time I got a paycheck that I could spare the money to sign up for the mudder, both event days were sold out :(. Looks like I have to delay my participation sadly. I may try for warrior dash in June i believe it is.
Yeah, I started catching up on your other log. Besides tough mudder and warrior dash, you can look into spartanrace.com as well.

ok, now i'll let this thread lay and will continue any further discussion in your other one.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I started catching up on your other log. Besides tough mudder and warrior dash, you can look into spartanrace.com as well.

ok, now i'll let this thread lay and will continue any further discussion in your other one.
I will check out the spartan link, I didnt even know about that one...thanks!!