Psst! Belezza! I see a niche!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I train judo/bjj as much as I can, which is hard on my skin. I workout as well. Lots of chafing, showers, my skin gets abused, and then my job involves too much sun. So I use a body lotion with spf. The one I currently use is from whole foods with spf 15, works great. Problem is, there aren't many choices, they use poor forms of spf, and they mostly smell girly.

The one I'm currently using is this:

Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion, Daily Shade Formula, SPF 16, 32-Ounce Bottle:Amazon:Beauty

I've been seeing studies on spf and other ingredients. Apparently oxybenzone isn't great for you, vitamin a/retinyl palmitate spurs carcinoma growth, etc. I'm not 100% sure, but from what I hear, parsol 1789 is one of the better options, thouigh it generates huge amounts of free radicals. It's the only one allowed in the EU, iirc. Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide both work as well, but spread poorly. I'd like to see the addition of green tea, vitamin e, and vitamin c, along with some good oils/moisturizers, in a non-greasy formula, with a bitchin manly scent. SPF of 10 or 15 would be plenty, just enough to make it easily usable daily.

What say ye? :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A spf and non-spf option would be awesome, as well.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did 2 hours of bjj yesterday morning, I sweat like a pig anyway, but yesterday was hot. My gi was drenched, and 2 hours of dudes whipping the gi around, with the added friction of it being completely soaked, chafed the hell out of my skin. My whole torso is red, like I was slapped, and there are weird designs on it from people grabbing fistfulls of whatever is there. :lol: then I went to work without the spf 15, and burned. Hey, at least I'm well exfoliated!

Stuff i'd like to avoid: every chemical spf but the ones below; vitamin a/retinol;

Stuff i'd like to see: Mexoryl SX, octisalate, avobenzone, green tea, vitamin e,

I'll update that as I keep researching. :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
0 Anabolics 8