My review of RPG

CJPopovich

Awards
  • Established
I'll make this pretty simple. It's good stuff!

I used to be a big BCAA consumer, I had many bottles of xtend kicking around. When I stopped taking them my body fat went down, my wallet got thicker, and my stomach got less upset. Strength didn't change. I haven't looked back, until Millennium came out with RPG. I told them I'd try it although I'm (understandably) suspect of BCAA's since my experience has been that they're worthless.

Millennium hasn't let me down yet, so I figured what the heck, I'll give RPG a try. I have not ever taken it by itself, I've always taken it mixed with Ragnarok. Since I take Ragnarok and have been taking it for the past I don't know how long -years though- I feel that any change was attributed to the addition of RPG.

The bottom line is that my training weight have gone up a noticeable amount. A couple weeks ago I pressed 405 + 90lbs of chain, a 20lb record for me that has stood unbroken for well over a year. I pulled 545 standing on a plate, which was another PR for me. There have been others too. These are tough lifts for me, and they don't go up for no reason, I'm way past the easy gains stage.

These supplements are all a gentle push in the direction of progress. IMO they greatly depend on proper diet, sleep, training, and heart to function right; in other words, you can't make up for lack in training with good supplementation, although I do think you can mitigate damage from non-ideal circumstances.

So what did I notice? I'm lifting more than I ever have before. It's that simple. My diet has been very consistent except for the addition of RPG, and over the past several weeks, I'm a couple pounds heavier (I do not think I'm any fatter FWIW). Like I said before, I mix it with Rag pre-workout and sip it through my workout. I can attribute my strength increase to slighly refined training methodologies and RPG. Everything else has been the same. The training is hugely important, but it wouldn't have helped me gain the weight -I have a very good pulse on my overall volume.

I will continue to use RPG, although when I decide to drop a weight class I may only use it on my most important days.

I'm pleased with the results, although now I have 1 more thing to add to my supplement list, lol.

One more thing worth mentioning, and I've said this before, but guys, buy supplements from companies that you can trust. Look at the ingredients on RPG, it's all good stuff. There is so much crap out there, and I'm not even mentioning what brand or what company, but a shocking amount of stuff out there is not only not good for you, but outright bad. Your health is important, don't blow it and your money on sub par ineffective supplements.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
well said....thanks for your time Chris. We really appreciate the feedback and all the hard work you put in for Team Millennium!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Nice review, I feel pretty much the same way, however on the weight thing I've been going in the other direction but I guess that has more to do with my style of training/cardio than it does with RPG, however, in my case, it does show that the addition of BCAA's does not always mean an increase in weight, in fact I'm down 12 lbs since I started my first bottle (just finishing it within the next couple days and starting in on the next one). The best part about it is that although I'm decreasing in weight I'm increasing in strength, I'm not where I was when I was at my biggest but I'm creeping up there. For instance although down 12 lbs I was able to do 495x5 for Squats, 315x8 for Incline Bench Press and 585x5 for Rackpulls, like I said, not quite at my 1RM but creeping back up there (note: my 1RM's were all acheived over a year ago).

CLIFFS:
RPG + CRE-02 is the awesome-ness!

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
One more thing worth mentioning, and I've said this before, but guys, buy supplements from companies that you can trust. Look at the ingredients on RPG, it's all good stuff. There is so much crap out there, and I'm not even mentioning what brand or what company, but a shocking amount of stuff out there is not only not good for you, but outright bad. Your health is important, don't blow it and your money on sub par ineffective supplements.
Let me say I found your review very helpful. I think I'll give RPG a try soon, especially since I've had great success with all the MS products I've tried. (I LOVE Somnidren)

Second, I can't say how happy I am that more and more people are starting to pay attention to the "crap" they're putting in their bodies, simply to gain a slight edge in the gym. MS is truly one of the few companies on AM that I trust. They are forthright in describing their products and seem to only use safe and effective ingredients. Good work guys.

CJPopovich

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Rev, glad it was helpful for you.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not tried RPG however I agree with the MST love. Mycogreens is a monthly staple for me, and in august I am going to stack it with MVP/ZMK

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
As usual CJ your reviews go above and beyond the call of duty.:bigok:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Let me say I found your review very helpful. I think I'll give RPG a try soon, especially since I've had great success with all the MS products I've tried. (I LOVE Somnidren)

Second, I can't say how happy I am that more and more people are starting to pay attention to the "crap" they're putting in their bodies, simply to gain a slight edge in the gym. MS is truly one of the few companies on AM that I trust. They are forthright in describing their products and seem to only use safe and effective ingredients. Good work guys.
Thanks for the praise Rev! We really appreciate knowing how people feel about us and our stuff...it's nice to see people care.

I have not tried RPG however I agree with the MST love. Mycogreens is a monthly staple for me, and in august I am going to stack it with MVP/ZMK
You're going to love the 3 part stack. I actually only take 2mvp and 2zmk a day so it lasts a bit longer and that way I can afford to also add CLOmega 3-6-9. If you can add it....you don't want to miss it. Great product.

As usual CJ your reviews go above and beyond the call of duty.:bigok:
Thats because he's the man. He's a monster. He's a Millennium Sport Athlete.

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
I'll make this pretty simple. It's good stuff!

These supplements are all a gentle push in the direction of progress. IMO they greatly depend on proper diet, sleep, training, and heart to function right; in other words, you can't make up for lack in training with good supplementation, although I do think you can mitigate damage from non-ideal circumstances.

So what did I notice? I'm lifting more than I ever have before. It's that simple. My diet has been very consistent except for the addition of RPG, and over the past several weeks, I'm a couple pounds heavier (I do not think I'm any fatter FWIW)...

All that needs to be said. It has been a couple of months since I've been on AM and boy, does it feel good to be back; especially when reading posts like this.

I don't want to make this post seem too far long, but I was just so pleased to hear what CJPop had to say, in regards to what I've quoted.

Within this last year, I have grown and acknowledged A LOT about my training, diet, and supplementation. The most important out of all these factors that I've learned about is diet. Folks, it took me almost 4 years to understand how F'N important your eating habits are. To any those reading this now, focus FIRST and FOREMOST on your diet, please do not make the same mistake I made; get your diet in check.

Next, keep your training consistence. Just like CJPop said, you cannot substitute supplementation for a lack of training, for the most part. Again, just another thing I've learned throughout the years that took me too long to acknowledge. Don't stack up on stuff and then train 3 days week while overloading on it; you're practically just wasting your supps like this. Use your supps in accordance to how you train. Look into some of your products and ask yourself is it actually worth using, or can I achieve the same end result without it?

I'm almost to the end of my Purple Wraath and loved every scoop of it (although I'm probably going to try another flavor besides Grape). EAAs/BCAAs are now essential for me. The thing I really love about them is the fact I can go almost a whole week without training and even eating semi-well, and still maintain proper composition. I sip my drank throughout the day all the way up to before I sleep and am in a great mood all day. I honestly feel that it really helps when I am fatigued and just drained. I especially love it when I'm playing basketball or any other kind of endurance activity.

Lesson here, get quality, effective, and proven ingredients known to consistently deliver. For me EAAs/BCAAs, Cordygen5, and CU-VO2 are three that always deliver. I've yet to try RPG IBCAA yet, but will be getting some soon.