Recover, Protect, Grow (RPG)

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
So I am a couple days into my first bottle of RPG and thought I'd put up my first impressions of the product.

On both days I took 2 scoops mixed in with about about 2/3 of a litre of water (roughly 20 ounces). Although the taste is quite good I found that with this amount of water it was a little weak. I think for my next serving I will either reduce the amount of water that I mix it in or possibly increase to 3 scoops of RPG. The product dissolved quite quickly with only a couple shakes of my bottle and and at no point during either workout did any amount settle to the bottom. Although it's hard to judge a product based only off of a couple servings I can definitely say that sipping on RPG during the workouts was quite refreshing. I will also note that I did legs on Wed and the DOMS this week were no where near as bad as last week. The workout was about the same as far as sets, reps and weight is concerned, so I am pleasantly surprised that my legs feel as good as they do. All-in-all I am quite happy with RPG so far and it has made for a couple great workouts when combined with CRE-02!

Just my $0.02.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Id love to see more feedback bro. You have a good grasp of your body and the amount of weight you move....so your response of the product will be nice feedback. Keep us updated :)

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
No problem Chuck, I'll keep updating this as I go along, case in point, on Saturday the fiancee and I went for a 10km walk/jog, started drinking my RPG immediately when I got back to the car (3 scoops in 1 litre of water) and although I have a little joint soreness still remaining, my muscles were ready to go for a workout and another hour of cardio on Sunday. Definitely didn't experience the DOMS that I normally would from going for that long of a walk/jog, especially since we pushed it pretty hard the entire time. The CRE-02 and RPG are allowing me to have absolutely intense workouts and cardio sessions without having to worry about being so sore that I can't workout the next day.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
So I've absolutely crushed back and legs a couple times now while taking RPG and I am absolutely dumbfounded by the lack of DOMS that I have experienced. Here I am maxing out in the 6-8 rep range and a day or two later I can barely feel that I even lifted. For these workouts I've been using 3 scoops of RPG in roughly 1L of water and although I do find the mixture slightly "chaulky" on it's own I stole an idea from Chuck and just add a few ice cubes which seem to do the trick. For my other workouts I'm using 2 scoops in about the same amount of water. I must say things are going great with this combo so far.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
So I've absolutely crushed back and legs a couple times now while taking RPG and I am absolutely dumbfounded by the lack of DOMS that I have experienced. Here I am maxing out in the 6-8 rep range and a day or two later I can barely feel that I even lifted. For these workouts I've been using 3 scoops of RPG in roughly 1L of water and although I do find the mixture slightly "chaulky" on it's own I stole an idea from Chuck and just add a few ice cubes which seem to do the trick. For my other workouts I'm using 2 scoops in about the same amount of water. I must say things are going great with this combo so far.
yeah the ice definitely makes it a totally different drink. I run out of mine so fast because I toss some ice cubes in and i'll have a few servings just hangin with the kids or watchin tv, haha.

Im pumped to see how much you're enjoying it!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Kind of a re-post as I also put this in CJPop's review however I thought it would also make sense to add it here.

Currently I'm down 12 lbs since I started my first bottle (just finishing it within the next couple days and starting in on the next one). The best part about it is that although I'm decreasing in weight I'm increasing in strength, I'm not where I was when I was at my biggest but I'm creeping up there. For instance although down 12 lbs I was able to do 495x5 for Squats, 315x8 for Incline Bench Press and 585x5 for Rackpulls, like I said, not quite at my 1RM but creeping back up there (note: my 1RM's were all acheived over a year ago).

I've been doing some really intense workouts and some equally as intense cardio sessions (sprints, hiking, etc) and have been drinking RPG during these sessions. The best part about the whole situation is that my recovery not only after but during these sessions has been absolutely fantastic. No Lactic Acidosis here (Shane Carwin, please look into some RPG!! :D ). All-in-all, RPG has been and continues to be a great addition to my current recomp plan.

CLIFFS:
RPG + CRE-02 is the awesome-ness!