reverse effect on Cordygen V02?

LOVERIUS

Awards
Hi MST!

I have been using Cor Vo2 for a week now, at the recommended dosage of 4-6 pills / training days, and i´ve been taking 2-3 pills on non training days.

Background:
I have been working out for 8 years, been juicing a few times ( som years ago), using ECA stacks etc. unfortunately i developed (slight) heart arrhythmia, which i've been "treating" with fishoil.

I read a lot about cordyceps, that it's awesome for strengthening of the heart, for arrhythmias, improving lungs, anti aging, endurance etc. Also Jiaogulan is great for that.
So of course i was curious of buying the V02!!!

The problem is that only 2 days of using it, i started feeling more mentaly tired and dizzy, and felt so the whole week, like I was getting sick, also had less appetite the last few days.

So my mom took my pulse yesterday, i had a resting heartbeat of 57bpm, and she feelt the arrhythmia, but in the same time she said that i had strong beats, like my heart was pumping stronger (dunno if thats good or bad).

I got little worried, since i actually haven't felt my irregular beats for quite some time, and never had dizziness, and I draw the conclusion that i felt more tired/dizzy because my heartbeat was slower and maybe I didn't get enough blood to my brain??!!

On the other hand maybe thats the way the cordyceps heals me? Maybe I get worse before I get better???!!! I really dont know. Should I continue or discontinue?

Any ideas? I feel thats strange since I only read very positive reviews about cordyceps?
Maybe i should try cordygen 5 instead with the CS4? I want to improve my heart condition!

morigu

Awards
Sounds like you might be experiencing candida die off, I remember reading cordyceps does that.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you might be experiencing candida die off, I remember reading cordyceps does that.
I agree that you may be experiencing some candida die off but the the irregular heartbeat is odd and nothing in the product should contribute to a symptom like that.

My advice is to drop the dosage back to 2-3 capsules daily with food and leave it there. The C-VO2 product is incredibly strong and can in some instances reduce appetite is taken in too high of doses. It shouldn't have a dramatic effect on your resting heart rate or cause fatigue or dizziness because increased oxygen utilization should provide the exact opposite.

Are you taking any other cordyceps or jiaogulan containing products along with the C-VO2? Have you incorporated anything new as far as supps or other since starting the C-VO2? Are you a smoker? Sometimes smokers feel a slight lightheaded feeling on C5 or C-VO2 at first because their oxygen utilization is much better than usual due to thier lung restiction from smoking.

LOVERIUS

Awards
I agree that you may be experiencing some candida die off but the the irregular heartbeat is odd and nothing in the product should contribute to a symptom like that.

My advice is to drop the dosage back to 2-3 capsules daily with food and leave it there. The C-VO2 product is incredibly strong and can in some instances reduce appetite is taken in too high of doses. It shouldn't have a dramatic effect on your resting heart rate or cause fatigue or dizziness because increased oxygen utilization should provide the exact opposite.

Are you taking any other cordyceps or jiaogulan containing products along with the C-VO2? Have you incorporated anything new as far as supps or other since starting the C-VO2? Are you a smoker? Sometimes smokers feel a slight lightheaded feeling on C5 or C-VO2 at first because their oxygen utilization is much better than usual due to thier lung restiction from smoking.

Are you taking any other cordyceps or jiaogulan containing products along with the C-VO2?

No, i am on the other hand taking half a pill of NOW Foods Rhodiola, mixed in my morning coffee. I have never tried an cordyceps product before.

Have you incorporated anything new as far as supps or other since starting the C-VO2?

Nope, the only new product is Cordygen VO2. I quit my Prime though about 2 weeks before.
I only use Protein, Malto, Omega 3 (NP fish bulk), creapure and Cordygen...
Ashwagandha and Rhodiola on occasion.

Are you a smoker?

Nope, never liked smoking or alcohol.

I am not shure about the candida die off, but will that go away eventually?
Maybe my body gets detoxified and thats why i feelt sick and dizzy?
I will lower the dose to 2-3 a day, since i guess its a very potent product. Maybe i should give it a few weeks, i want to use it for anti aging properties aswell.
According to studies there shouldn't be any side effects to cordygen.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
It could be an excess of Rhodiola. If you're taking a NOW Rhodiola product, as well as taking Cordygen V02 which contains 200mg of Rhodiola, this could potentially be your problem. Rhodiola in excessive amounts can contribute to feelings of jittery, agitated, or overly activated. You should definitely lower the dosage as Millennium1 suggested and try to increase again later at a gradual rate.

For the benefits of Cordygen itself though, you might not even need to increase the amount any higher than 3-4 pills. For a lot of people, 4 is the sweet spot.

LOVERIUS

Awards
It could be an excess of Rhodiola. If you're taking a NOW Rhodiola product, as well as taking Cordygen V02 which contains 200mg of Rhodiola, this could potentially be your problem. Rhodiola in excessive amounts can contribute to feelings of jittery, agitated, or overly activated. You should definitely lower the dosage as Millennium1 suggested and try to increase again later at a gradual rate.

For the benefits of Cordygen itself though, you might not even need to increase the amount any higher than 3-4 pills. For a lot of people, 4 is the sweet spot.

But i felt actually "understimulated", since i felt tired and dizzy. I have tried high doses of Rhodiola before, but i think the issue is Jiaogulan or Cordyceps here. But i lowered the amount to 2 pills/day. I will not discontinue the VO2, maybe my body needs to "DETOX", however I will combine Cordygen Vo2 with Prime. I noticed that Prime also added more volume to my lungs, and kept my endurance alot higher when running. I think a combo here would rock!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Seeing as how your tag is "Prime Soldier", i'd imagine you'd think so, haha.

Let me know if I can help any further. I have never heard of anyone having adverse effects from Cordyceps (especially the strand in Cordygen)...so maybe there's something going on with the Jiaogulan.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Since we obviously have some cordy experts here, what is the best way to go on an anti candida diet? A fast one would be better than a slow one.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Typically the slow route is the best route as candida overgrowth is difficult to get under control in a short amount of time. Most experts recommend removing all refined sugar and as much mid to high glycemic carohydrate as possible and many suggest removing any food that may contain yeast, mold or fungi. (cordyceps being the exception in my opinion). There are quite a few candida cleansing diets out there if you search around but all of them will pretty much include those dietary changes with a few additional supplements. I think the most important thing to remember for any successful cleanse is preparing yourself mentally and lining up all of your dietary and supplemental needs ahead of time. Candida cleanses suck pretty bad.