July results (HCG) therapy

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Two months ago I switched to 1500 IUs E3D from 1000 IUs 3 times per week. I drew a short panel to find these results:

Total Test - 1144 (up over 160)
Free Test - 207 (down 50)
E2 - 23 (down 23)
DHT - 74 (down 2)

I switched my Arimidex dosing from 3 times per week to EOD, and continued to dose 25 mg of progesterone nightly and 75 mg of DHEA every morning.

I don't test SBGH so it should be interesting to hear my doctor's explanation of the drop in free testosterone next week.

S

superstar

Awards
Do you 'feel' any different with the higher E2 and lower free T?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Do you 'feel' any different with the higher E2 and lower free T?
My E2 is lower not higher. I don't notice a difference from the lower Free T, just curious to find out why it went down.

living2die

living2die

Awards
colkurtz,
I would categorize myself as in 'tune to your violin." I also find that HCG monotherapy is more effective than TRT monotherapy. I would even take it a bit forward and say that HCG monotherapy is even better than TRT + HCG therapy. Feel best at 500IU Pregnyl by Organon PD. When I am using depot testosterone, in addition to HCG, I find that the benefits from HCG are largely masked? Could this result from the HPTA being bombarded with exogenous T, and somehow shutting down a hormonal pathway that HCG is able to activate, though only when used by itself? Psychologically, I feel that with HCG at 500IU PD, I feel a far greater self awareness which is mostly devoid when using either TRT monotherapy or TRT + HCG.

I have heard that HCG stimulates pregnelone, progesterone, as well as FSH and TSH to a lesser extent. What is your explanation as to why HCG monotherapy, works better for you, when compared to TRT ?

My E2 is lower not higher. I don't notice a difference from the lower Free T, just curious to find out why it went down.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
colkurtz_spf glad things are going well for you. I hope it continues in this direction.

B

brentf13

Awards
I would love to hear the answer to that too. I was switched from HCG mono-therapy to the usual T+HCG+AI routine and it works horribly for me. My numbers look great but the results are terrible. HCG seemed to up my my libido but on T cyp it's zero. Honestly T cyp has been the worst treatment I've tried. Heck I got way better results with Tribex! I'm really starting to wonder what else LH does in the body. It would seem my great response to HCG was more due to some function of LH than T. Has anyone else noticed a nice antidepressant effect from HCG? I think that might be what works for me.

B

brentf13

Awards
Colkurtz how much Adex do you take every other day? I'm going to transition myself from my current TRT to HCG monotherapy.

living2die

living2die

Awards
Seriously the best I ever felt, though self medicating which has its moral implications, was 500IU HCG ED, 300mg Drostanolone Propionate 2x/w, and 1-1.5mg adrimidex. I have no medical literature to back this up, but I would say that A-dex and Masteron help to reduce the leydig cell desensitization which is bound to occur when the testes synthesis estradiol through HCG stimulation. I have read that there is nothing you can do to reduce desensitization of the testes...nolvadex has even been ruled out as eliminating leydig cell desensitization.

Colkurtz how much Adex do you take every other day? I'm going to transition myself from my current TRT to HCG monotherapy.

B

brentf13

Awards
From what I've read desensitization from HCG happens with massive doses done continually. Say 5000IU at a time.

living2die

living2die

Awards
Brent - wouldn't you say though that testosterone plays some roll in the desensitization process of T + HCG ? it makes sense cause some T will get aromatized into estradiol in the testes, thus combining with the estradiol conversion from the hcg use to further desensitize the leydig cells. but i guess if you are taking optimal hrt doses, i.e. under 150mg T per week you really dont have to worry about excess estradiol production as long as you are taking your A.I and getting your blood work at optimal levels around 1100 TT.

but yeh we are on the same page brent in terms of HCG's use to perform LH actions in cells outside of just the testes.

From what I've read desensitization from HCG happens with massive doses done continually. Say 5000IU at a time.

living2die

living2die

Awards
Brent,
yes anti depressant effect is well noted. feel awesome like within 1 hr of taking 500IU I.M. strangely, it almost feels somewhere in between a 'buzz' or a 'runners high,' just a little bit more subtle, that is completely devoid IMO if one uses Test E, even at high doses of 250mg/W or more.

I would love to hear the answer to that too. I was switched from HCG mono-therapy to the usual T+HCG+AI routine and it works horribly for me. My numbers look great but the results are terrible. HCG seemed to up my my libido but on T cyp it's zero. Honestly T cyp has been the worst treatment I've tried. Heck I got way better results with Tribex! I'm really starting to wonder what else LH does in the body. It would seem my great response to HCG was more due to some function of LH than T. Has anyone else noticed a nice antidepressant effect from HCG? I think that might be what works for me.

B

brentf13

Awards
I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one that experiences that feeling on HCG. I was scratching my head because even on 200mg a week of T cyp with my labs perfect I still had no libido. I started to realize that the only days of the week I was feeling good on T cyp were the days I used HCG.

This may explain why I had better results with Tribex that T! That one was really bugging me.

living2die

living2die

Awards
brent,
ppl who are secondary obviously are going to benefit from HCG through leydig cell stimulation and thus T production, but even ppl who are primary can surely benefit from HCG use, as it seems to be the case that HCG can stimulate other pathways in the body, and not just the leydig cells in the testes.

it would be cool to get some anecdotal information from someone suffering from primary, and their psychological response to hcg treatment.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I was on test cream for a whole year - no HCG and Arimidex only when needed. I didn't like the results and switched to HCG. The first year I injected 8000 IUs to 10,000 IUs per week and no desensitization occurred. Now I use 1500 IUs every third day with .5 mg of Arimidex and have good results.

I never tried test gel or cream in conjunction with HCG so I cannot comment. I wouldn't mind trying it for a few months to see the difference.

B

brentf13

Awards
My experience with 250IU HCG along with T hasn't been good. I feel all of the effects of HCG that people talk about but only when I do 1000IU or more at once. I guess everyone is different. I seem to have a very positive mood response from HCG. Does anyone have a theory on that?

living2die

living2die

Awards
hcg allows for the synthesis of other hormones other than simply testosterone and its natural conversion into estradiol. i know i have heard that it stimulates multiple pathways, including synthesis into PREG, progesterone, some pathway called P450 or something like that (Dr. John Chrisler mentions it in favor), among other things. i know that drug testers can test your ratio of Testosterone to epitestosterone in order to detect androgen doping, i.e. if synthetic testosterone is used, than T ratio is high while epitestosterone is low, because EpiT is only produced when testosterone is produced by the leydig cells in testes through either LH or LH like compunds(hcg). hcg was used to avoid doping because it allowed an ideal T / E ratio, by raising both Testosterone and epitestosterone proportionatly. dont ask me what epi T does in the body, cause i have no idea, but maybe this is the secret to our puzzle and the mystery chemical in the body that makes us feel good on epi T (haha not likely, but possibly one of the many of the indirect benefits you get from using hcg) in total, i have heard rumors that it stimulates the production of like 15 different hormones, and the beauty in this, is that these hormones are produced in the correct proportion to one another. higher T through exogenous testosterone supplementation, i.e. Testosterone enanthate doesnt necessarily mean you will feel better than someone who is secondary, using hcg monotherapy, and who has a lower Total T.

My experience with 250IU HCG along with T hasn't been good. I feel all of the effects of HCG that people talk about but only when I do 1000IU or more at once. I guess everyone is different. I seem to have a very positive mood response from HCG. Does anyone have a theory on that?