Is the Man Cave really worth it?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    solguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    108
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    77.12%

    Is the Man Cave really worth it?


    Hey all,

    I'm considering making the pilgrimage to the Man Cave. Is it worth it? Is Dr. John really the best guy to see for TRT issues?

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by solguy View Post
    Hey all,

    I'm considering making the pilgrimage to the Man Cave. Is it worth it? Is Dr. John really the best guy to see for TRT issues?
    DR john is one of the best at TRT
  3. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    DR john is one of the best at TRT
    I have three more names names,
    would you care to post #5, 6 & 7.

    In alphabetical order:

    dr. Crisler
    dr. Marianco
    dr. Overbeck
    dr. Shippen
    .
    .
    Edge dr Crisler have is that he is available for inquiry over internet, published his TRT prococol, have a bulletin board
    I have a long list of how I wish I would like him to improve, but there is always a wish list.
    Plus he newer asked me how he could improve.
    .
    .
    You HAN, should get some degree, or possibly you already have one,
    with the amazing stuff you are doing we have to put you also on list.
    .
    .
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    I have three more names names,
    would you care to post #5, 6 & 7.

    In alphabetical order:

    dr. Crisler
    dr. Marianco
    dr. Overbeck
    dr. Shippen
    .
    .
    Edge dr Crisler have is that he is available for inquiry over internet, published his TRT prococol, have a bulletin board
    I have a long list of how I wish I would like him to improve, but there is always a wish list.
    Plus he newer asked me how he could improve.
    .
    .
    You HAN, should get some degree, or possibly you already have one,
    with the amazing stuff you are doing we have to put you also on list.
    .
    .
    Working on PHD right now takes time..
  5. Hang'n & Bang'n
    sikdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    615
    Rep Power
    445
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    32.88%

    FYI...

    Dr. John = Dr. Crisler
  6. New Member
    firefighter2032's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    340
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    61.11%

    I'm a client of Dr. John and I'm thoroughly happy with the attention I receive. Plus, I never felt like I was being judged...which I've had problems with in the past.
  7. New Member
    rjsiwelhj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    92%

    You will get far more value from your trip to see Dr. Crisler than it will cost.
  8. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    204423
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    0.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm going to see him in August.

    Just to compare, most anti-aging dr's that I've researched locally charge $100/hr or just $100 per consult. Dr John charges $50 after the first initial consult which costs more. You can do the math Not to mention the experience and knowledge he has. You may even be able to submit a claim to your insurance company, something I am still looking into now that I'm on a new plan (with Aetna now).
  9. New Member
    joe143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    96
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%

    im able to submit a claim to insurance and they cover MOST of it. Regardless if i had to pay myself id still be seeing him, hes the best at what he does.
  10. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    303
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    19.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post

    I have a long list of how I wish I would like him to improve, but there is always a wish list.
    Plus he newer asked me how he could improve.
    But you're not even his patient. There's a limit to how much information he will disseminate without getting paid. And I'm sure you're on board with that, since you loathe "socialized medicine."
  11. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    372
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    31.25%

    Yes, it's worth traveling to be a patient of Dr. John. I did and I've never looked back.
  12. New Member
    may19th2001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by solguy View Post
    Hey all,

    I'm considering making the pilgrimage to the Man Cave. Is it worth it? Is Dr. John really the best guy to see for TRT issues?

    Dr John Crisler is well worth it.
  13. New Member
    may19th2001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    I have three more names names,
    would you care to post #5, 6 & 7.

    In alphabetical order:

    dr. Crisler
    dr. Marianco
    dr. Overbeck
    dr. Shippen
    .
    .
    Edge dr Crisler have is that he is available for inquiry over internet, published his TRT prococol, have a bulletin board
    I have a long list of how I wish I would like him to improve, but there is always a wish list.
    Plus he newer asked me how he could improve.
    .
    .
    You HAN, should get some degree, or possibly you already have one,
    with the amazing stuff you are doing we have to put you also on list.
    .
    .
    Does DR. Marianco have a website?
  14. New Member
    health4life24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    30.32%

    I recently went to to two different anti-aging specialist named above and they came to different conclusions to what my hormonal problems were. I only did this because I take my health very seriously and wanted more than one opinion. This was with both them looking at blood work also! It goes to show you that even the best of the best could possibly be wrong. Now, I'm torn with deciding which protocol to follow and have no idea what to do.
  15. New Member
    may19th2001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    I recently went to to two different anti-aging specialist named above and they came to different conclusions to what my hormonal problems were. I only did this because I take my health very seriously and wanted more than one opinion. This was with both them looking at blood work also! It goes to show you that even the best of the best could possibly be wrong. Now, I'm torn with deciding which protocol to follow and have no idea what to do.
    It can in fact be quite difficult at times, however you do not want to be on two treatments at the same time.

    Good luck!
  16. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by may19th2001 View Post
    It can in fact be quite difficult at times, however you do not want to be on two treatments at the same time.

    Good luck!
    You need to have trust and faith in your Practiioner other wise you are just asking for failure before your start. You need to have positive attiude and confidence in them before you step forth in your office. I suggest people before going to see a practioner even my self to keep an open mind about the out come. Please be aware that there are people out just wanting to take your money leaving with this false sense of security. You just need to have a state of mind that you will get well. If you do not have a positive state of mind with good self confidence its going to affect your ability to heal. Shrinks giving your pill and doing talk therapy where its an 80% failure rate because majority do not know how to communicate with their clients. Yes they may be giving great advice, but if the client is not absorbing because its completely chinese to them. Its not not doing jack crap..
    DR j is a great hormone dr to helping you bring your body back in balance. Hormone therapy can do wonders for people were the cause is pathological, but if it is more mental then it will not have the impact that other may expereince.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  17. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    672
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    27.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    But you're not even his patient. There's a limit to how much information he will disseminate without getting paid. And I'm sure you're on board with that, since you loathe "socialized medicine."
    Dr John sponsored this thread and shared quite a bit. Unfortunately his posts have been removed.
  18. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    17.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I talked to him online once, if I had the finances I would definately utilize him. He doesnt like "muscleheads" though.
  19. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    I talked to him online once, if I had the finances I would definately utilize him. He doesnt like "muscleheads" though.
    CAn you blame him because from a clincian stand point you know once they get good results they will return to their old habits, then come back to him complaining that they feel like crap. If you think about it from a clinican standpoint it makes you look like an ass because he starts complaining of feeling like crap then its blamed on the treat physcian such as Dr J. I will not take on any one that does not want to get well.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  20. New Member
    Shootist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    39.84%

    Dr. John will treat your hormone deficiencies. From what I've read, Dr. M will treat your adrenal fatigue.
  21. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    Dr. John will treat your hormone deficiencies. From what I've read, Dr. M will treat your adrenal fatigue.
    They both have their special areas..No one is perfect.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  22. New Member
    4aminsomniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    84
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    85.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    CAn you blame him because from a clincian stand point you know once they get good results they will return to their old habits, then come back to him complaining that they feel like crap. If you think about it from a clinican standpoint it makes you look like an ass because he starts complaining of feeling like crap then its blamed on the treat physcian such as Dr J. I will not take on any one that does not want to get well.
    Really? Interesting since he has publicly stated was a musclehead himself and still lifts?
  23. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by 4aminsomniac View Post
    Really? Interesting since he has publicly stated was a musclehead himself and still lifts?
    Thats like saying a girl was a porn star 20 years ago and holding it against her when she is happily married with a family.
    Its in the past and they may have done somethings wrong or regretted, but it should not affect judging them in the present. Do not get me wrong if some one is a murder then I would be a little more leary. Give DR J credit he runs one of the most successful practices, travels to seminars, give speeches on the radio plus to boot he is in incredible shape around age of 50. Most HRT dr's are fat and smell like cigars. Enough has been said..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  24. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    17.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Perhaps "musclehead" was a poor choice of term. I meant to convey that he is not tolerant of an immature attitude towards weight-lifting and supplement use.
  25. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    672
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    27.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    Perhaps "musclehead" was a poor choice of term. I meant to convey that he is not tolerant of an immature attitude towards weight-lifting and supplement use.
    Lol! Well said!
  26. New Member
    JamieVegas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    I'll be the black sheep and let you know that his templated approach works for most aging men, but if you have an actual non-age related decline in testosterone, he will just screw you up further.

    Be wary of his legion of fans. He is not a wizard. He started his business and research only a few years ago. His appearance on messageboards (of which, he has been kicked off of 4 for his ego) and willingness to prescribe T in situations where conventional doctors would not made him a "god among men" to a flock of message board sheep.

    He's decent, but only if you have a standard case of age-related testosterone decline. He can cure you about as well as a GP can hure a headache with aspirin.

    He's going to give you Androgel or injectible testosterone (5g-10g/60-200mg/week, respectively.) When that fails, he throws in HCG at 250-500iu, twice per week on the two days before your injection. When that raises your E2, he gives you Arimidex at .25mg every three days (or less.) When that fails, he prescribes pregnenelone at 25-50mg per dose. That's it. Maybe he'll sell you some hair loss shampoo, Viagra, or sublingual testosterone troches while he's at it -- but that'll be at least 5 months into treatment.

    - Expect his prescriptions to always have a refill of 0 listed. This is very, very unethical when done for the sole purpose of charging continuous VoV fees.

    - You don't get a real prescription from Dr. Crisler. He fills the prescription for you at this partner pharmacy. This is about as unethical as it gets, if not illegal. You can't bring his reccomendation to your local pharmacy to fill! He makes more money this way.

    - He will never deal with insurance.

    - He will not forward you a copy of your lab results. You will need to ask for one every time, and he will charge you by the page for a fax.

    - If you ask him for the percentages of sprironolactone/ketocanozole in his hair loss shampoo, he will tell you that it is proprietary information. The label includes no information about the levels of active ingredients. For a prescription product, this is outright illegal, as well as unethical.

    - Once treated with Dr. John, you are not allowed, under any circumstances to post any details of your treatment online, especially on the messageboards he trolls. You can find this policy posted right on his own messageboard.

    For some men, however, this is fine. They get the T they want, and Crisler is the only supplier. It does work out for some people.
  27. New Member
    monomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    80.66%

    I'm not discounting your experience. Mine has been much different though. Maybe I'm just lucky that I fall in the "age related decline in testosterone" group, LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieVegas View Post
    I'll be the black sheep and let you know that his templated approach works for most aging men, but if you have an actual non-age related decline in testosterone, he will just screw you up further.
    I was shuffled back and forth between about 8 doctors over the past 4 years. Dr. Crisler was the first one to help me. I can only speak to my experience - he has been great.

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieVegas View Post
    - Expect his prescriptions to always have a refill of 0 listed. This is very, very unethical when done for the sole purpose of charging continuous VoV fees.
    Not correct in my experience. Initially this was true when my dosage was being worked out. Now I have refills for a year.

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieVegas View Post
    - You don't get a real prescription from Dr. Crisler. He fills the prescription for you at this partner pharmacy. This is about as unethical as it gets, if not illegal. You can't bring his reccomendation to your local pharmacy to fill! He makes more money this way.
    Again, this is not my experience. They call my prescriptions in to the pharmacy of my choice. I can have it filled through his office if I choose.

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieVegas View Post
    - He will never deal with insurance.
    True. That is no secret. If this is a problem then he isn't the doctor for you. For me it's not an issue as I am reimbursed by my insurance company.

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieVegas View Post
    - He will not forward you a copy of your lab results. You will need to ask for one every time, and he will charge you by the page for a fax.
    True, but.....$5 is a problem?

    If I am a "normal" patient I don't know how he can turn a profit. My total payments to him have been for about six $60 VOV's, maybe four $15 prescription call-in fees, and about 5 $5 lab report copies.

    The "good" doctors (by your standards) that I dealt with didn't me charge lab report fees and they accepted insurance. They also charged thousands upon thousands of dollars for treatments that did me no good. Multiple MRI's, CAT scans, weekly allergy shots for a couple years, physical therapy, sleep tests, etc.

    Dr. Crisler may not be for everyone. He has been great to me.
  28. New Member
    Shootist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    39.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    I'm not discounting your experience. Mine has been much different though. Maybe I'm just lucky that I fall in the "age related decline in testosterone" group, LOL.



    I was shuffled back and forth between about 8 doctors over the past 4 years. Dr. Crisler was the first one to help me. I can only speak to my experience - he has been great.



    Not correct in my experience. Initially this was true when my dosage was being worked out. Now I have refills for a year.



    Again, this is not my experience. They call my prescriptions in to the pharmacy of my choice. I can have it filled through his office if I choose.



    True. That is no secret. If this is a problem then he isn't the doctor for you. For me it's not an issue as I am reimbursed by my insurance company.



    True, but.....$5 is a problem?

    If I am a "normal" patient I don't know how he can turn a profit. My total payments to him have been for about six $60 VOV's, maybe four $15 prescription call-in fees, and about 5 $5 lab report copies.

    The "good" doctors (by your standards) that I dealt with didn't me charge lab report fees and they accepted insurance. They also charged thousands upon thousands of dollars for treatments that did me no good. Multiple MRI's, CAT scans, weekly allergy shots for a couple years, physical therapy, sleep tests, etc.

    Dr. Crisler may not be for everyone. He has been great to me.
    Quest will mail you a copy of your labs for the asking. After I get blood drawn I fax in a signed request over to Houston for them to mail me a copy. I just change the date on the same request letter.

    I found my treatment protocall a little different than Mr. Vegas suggests; I started weekly shots first and added HCG after about 6 weeks. All of my meds are called into my local Walgreen's. I have a Novaril box in my fridge that clearly has 3 refils on the RX label.

    My trip to see Dr. John was one of my best life moves. My hypogonadal issues were easily treated with Dr. John's protocalls with great success. Having said that, please keep in mind that I'm one of those "sheep" who didn't wreck my body with years of steroid abuse and I don't suffer from emotional issues that are outside of Dr. John's area of expertise.
  29. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    Quest will mail you a copy of your labs for the asking. After I get blood drawn I fax in a signed request over to Houston for them to mail me a copy. I just change the date on the same request letter.

    I found my treatment protocall a little different than Mr. Vegas suggests; I started weekly shots first and added HCG after about 6 weeks. All of my meds are called into my local Walgreen's. I have a Novaril box in my fridge that clearly has 3 refils on the RX label.

    My trip to see Dr. John was one of my best life moves. My hypogonadal issues were easily treated with Dr. John's protocalls with great success. Having said that, please keep in mind that I'm one of those "sheep" who didn't wreck my body with years of steroid abuse and I don't suffer from emotional issues that are outside of Dr. John's area of expertise.
    People expects a dr to undo the damage in one visit. Unfortunately it does not work that way. Some times we do our best to come up with the best game plan. Some clients get pushy and want to be corrected yesterday and it does not happen. We try a protocol to see how a person responds usually with 3-4 weeks then if they feel worse we then make adjustments. We will not leave them hanging for months like most drs do. I have known some dr's to not check on results for 4 months so 4-6 weeks be thankful adjustments are made. If dr is trying their best to look into other options rather then blowing you off you need to stay with them. I have known people bounce from dr to dr to dr to dr..When people start doing this they have alternative motive and give the excuse HE could not fix me..When this issue comes up then their is usually a deep rooted psychological issue going on that has not be resolved. "oh i been to the best DR and had not fixed me..." When I read that your motives really need to be examined..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  30. New Member
    may19th2001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

    In reply to this Post.


    If you request for your RX to be sent to another Pharmacy then this can be done can it not?

    Also he is in fact good at what he does.

    Sounds like Eugine Shippen is who you are refering to in regards to the Physician that gets the RX's and meds from a Pharmacy.

    Any way Dr Crisler is in fact an ethecial Physician and has a lot of knowledge of what he does.

    He has done many guys well as well as has worked with other Physicians are you discrediting Dr Marianco as well as many other fellow Physicians as well?

    Perhaps not everyone is the same everyone has his or her own opinions about a Physician it can be good or bad, however if you have a problem one of these good Physicians that you are degrading may in fact be good for one patient however not another patient.

    Oh yes also did you know some guys loose the testicles due to medical conditions or they become totally dysfunctional due to other conditions medically, some AAS users as well have issues as well.

    You can have the labs done at your lab of choice I know some guys who go and see him locally and are very happy with his level of treatment.

    Like we have all said he may be for some and not others and I think what you said is a little off line smd uncalled for, it just depends on the condition etc.

    Also why do you say he messes young guys up more rather than helps them?



    Quote Originally Posted by JamieVegas;1677132
    I'll be the black sheep and let you know that his templated approach works for most aging men, but if you have an actual non-age related decline in testosterone, he will just screw you up further.

    Be wary of his legion of fans. He is not a wizard. He started his business and research only a few years ago. His appearance on messageboards (of which, he has been kicked off of 4 for his ego) and willingness to prescribe T in situations where conventional doctors would not made him a "god among men" to a flock of message board sheep.

    He's decent, but only if you have a standard case of age-related testosterone decline. He can cure you about as well as a GP can hure a headache with aspirin.

    He's going to give you Androgel or injectible testosterone (5g-10g/60-200mg/week, respectively.) When that fails, he throws in HCG at 250-500iu, twice per week on the two days before your injection. When that raises your E2, he gives you Arimidex at .25mg every three days (or less.) When that fails, he prescribes pregnenelone at 25-50mg per dose. That's it. Maybe he'll sell you some hair loss shampoo, Viagra, or sublingual testosterone troches while he's at it -- but that'll be at least 5 months into treatment.

    - Expect his prescriptions to always have a refill of 0 listed. This is very, very unethical when done for the sole purpose of charging continuous VoV fees.

    - You don't get a real prescription from Dr. Crisler. He fills the prescription for you at this partner pharmacy. This is about as unethical as it gets, if not illegal. You can't bring his reccomendation to your local pharmacy to fill! He makes more money this way.

    - He will never deal with insurance.

    - He will not forward you a copy of your lab results. You will need to ask for one every time, and he will charge you by the page for a fax.

    - If you ask him for the percentages of sprironolactone/ketocanozole in his hair loss shampoo, he will tell you that it is proprietary information. The label includes no information about the levels of active ingredients. For a prescription product, this is outright illegal, as well as unethical.

    - Once treated with Dr. John, you are not allowed, under any circumstances to post any details of your treatment online, especially on the messageboards he trolls. You can find this policy posted right on his own messageboard.

    For some men, however, this is fine. They get the T they want, and Crisler is the only supplier. It does work out for some people.
  31. New Member
    JamieVegas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Let me clarify. I posted "the other side of the coin" so that the author of this thread could get a more complete answer to his question. I have no personal gripe with Crisler, and I only went out of my way to post because I wish I knew what I know now back when I chose to start up with him. You respect my opinion and I respect yours. That's how these boards work.

    Matrix: I was under the amateur care of Dr John for over 4 years. I was one of his initial patients. I have never done any steroids.


    Regarding "emotional problems", I could forward you a circus side-show of e-mails I got from John over the years, claiming that he would lie awake at night, think about my particular case, and cry because he did not know what to do. I am not joking, and it was not sacrasm on his part. He has a serious, serious ego problem. Ask anyone from all of the messageboards from which he has been banned. Dig up all of the posts where he "quits" being a doctor because he is not getting the respect he wants (cue violins.) In fact, if you go all the way back to the T-Mag boards (2003-ish?), you will find some REAL GEMS from this man.

    Again. It's only fair that the whole picture be laid out.
  32. New Member
    may19th2001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

    Re:


    Quote Originally Posted by may19th2001 View Post
    If you request for your RX to be sent to another Pharmacy then this can be done can it not?

    Also he is in fact good at what he does.

    Sounds like Eugine Shippen is who you are refering to in regards to the Physician that gets the RX's and meds from a Pharmacy.

    Any way Dr Crisler is in fact an ethecial Physician and has a lot of knowledge of what he does.

    He has done many guys well as well as has worked with other Physicians are you discrediting Dr Marianco as well as many other fellow Physicians as well?

    Perhaps not everyone is the same everyone has his or her own opinions about a Physician it can be good or bad, however if you have a problem one of these good Physicians that you are degrading may in fact be good for one patient however not another patient.

    Oh yes also did you know some guys loose the testicles due to medical conditions or they become totally dysfunctional due to other conditions medically, some AAS users as well have issues as well.

    You can have the labs done at your lab of choice I know some guys who go and see him locally and are very happy with his level of treatment.

    Like we have all said he may be for some and not others and I think what you said is a little off line smd uncalled for, it just depends on the condition etc.

    Also why do you say he messes young guys up more rather than helps them?

    [QUOTE=JamieVegas]Hi, you have received 0 reputation points from JamieVegas.
    Reputation was given for

    Comment:
    You need to grow up.

    This is the feedback I get for this post, I think Jamie needs to grow up and stop whining and talking about a Physician that he is not describing correctly.
  33. New Member
    joe143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    96
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%

    Yes the mancave is well worth the visit. Dr John has been nothing short of great with me. My situation hasnt been the easiest, but the Dr has always worked with me and shown compassion.

    In regards to Jaimevegas posts, I think you need to rethink your situation. Your complaining about a doctor who cares about you enough to stay up at night thinking about your case?? Bro, i dont know what world your living in but in my world thats an amazing thing having a doctor that focused on his patients. The majority of docs Ive seen forget me as im leaving the visit, let alone think about my case on their own time. Also, you make it seem like Testosterone + Hcg and arimidex if neccesary is sub par therapy. As far as i know thats the cutting edge in TRT. I dont understand what other type of TRT you are expecting? And in regards to being a young guy, I am a young guy and wouldnt want anyone else in charge of my hormones than Dr John. Have fun going to an endo telling you that your testosterone of 300 is ok and for a young guy. No thanks.

    Just sharing my experience. Dr John Crisler is a great doc, you'll be in good hands with him.
  34. New Member
    may19th2001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieVegas View Post
    Let me clarify. I posted "the other side of the coin" so that the author of this thread could get a more complete answer to his question. I have no personal gripe with Crisler, and I only went out of my way to post because I wish I knew what I know now back when I chose to start up with him. You respect my opinion and I respect yours. That's how these boards work.

    Matrix: I was under the amateur care of Dr John for over 4 years. I was one of his initial patients. I have never done any steroids.


    Regarding "emotional problems", I could forward you a circus side-show of e-mails I got from John over the years, claiming that he would lie awake at night, think about my particular case, and cry because he did not know what to do. I am not joking, and it was not sacrasm on his part. He has a serious, serious ego problem. Ask anyone from all of the messageboards from which he has been banned. Dig up all of the posts where he "quits" being a doctor because he is not getting the respect he wants (cue violins.) In fact, if you go all the way back to the T-Mag boards (2003-ish?), you will find some REAL GEMS from this man.

    Again. It's only fair that the whole picture be laid out.
    I can understand how you feel about him, no one is perfect and I know treatments can sometimes be quite difficult.

    Sounds like he indeed is a very caring Physician from how you describe it James.

    I do think he is a unique genuine caring Physician and I can understand where you are comming from.
  35. New Member
    may19th2001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

    Re:


    Well Said!!

    Quote Originally Posted by joe143 View Post
    Yes the mancave is well worth the visit. Dr John has been nothing short of great with me. My situation hasnt been the easiest, but the Dr has always worked with me and shown compassion.

    In regards to Jaimevegas posts, I think you need to rethink your situation. Your complaining about a doctor who cares about you enough to stay up at night thinking about your case?? Bro, i dont know what world your living in but in my world thats an amazing thing having a doctor that focused on his patients. The majority of docs Ive seen forget me as im leaving the visit, let alone think about my case on their own time. Also, you make it seem like Testosterone + Hcg and arimidex if neccesary is sub par therapy. As far as i know thats the cutting edge in TRT. I dont understand what other type of TRT you are expecting? And in regards to being a young guy, I am a young guy and wouldnt want anyone else in charge of my hormones than Dr John. Have fun going to an endo telling you that your testosterone of 300 is ok and for a young guy. No thanks.

    Just sharing my experience. Dr John Crisler is a great doc, you'll be in good hands with him.
  36. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by may19th2001 View Post
    Well Said!!
    Out of all the 1,000 of patience that have gone there or consulted with him I would say that patience satisfcation and testimony speaks well for itself. I do not care if you are the best Dr in the world who can not satisfy every one. To tell you the truth the man lives his work and if a Dr takes so much care in his patient to seek personal satification to where he is wanting a resolution. THAT RIGHT THERE SHOWS HIS PASSION FOR HIS WORK AND DEDCATION TO HELPING FELLOW MEN...NO OTHER DR DOES THAT..Plus just starting out in a career it is a new expereince so it is very common to make your mark in the field so its normal behavior just to be the best. And now 5-7 years later his efforts what ever they speak for them selves.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  37. New Member
    JamieVegas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Perhaps he has improved.

    Like I said, I was one of his first patients.

    He started treating men over the internet less than a year after finishing his internship and getting his license to practice.

    He was advertising himself as a "leader in the field" of TRT. Yet, no residency, and no peer-reviewed material published in any known journal. Just theories in Word documents on his own PC. He isn't an MD.

    No man speaks doctrine but many of his followers think otherwise.

    Check around. Nelson Montana and Primordial Performance's Eric Protraz have both spoken out against AllThingsMale. Nelson Montana calls AllThingsMale "a scam." Eric says, "Swale did bring some good ideas to the table but has been booted from just about any forum he attends for going nutso and freaking out on members who have opposing ideas or attempt to offer help. [He seems a little too wrapped up in getting guys to pay for consultations.]"


    I'm just listing facts. No opinions, and nothing to argue with.
  38. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieVegas View Post
    Perhaps he has improved.

    Like I said, I was one of his first patients.

    He started treating men over the internet less than a year after finishing his internship and getting his license to practice.

    He was advertising himself as a "leader in the field" of TRT. Yet, no residency, and no peer-reviewed material published in any known journal. Just theories in Word documents on his own PC. He isn't an MD.

    No man speaks doctrine but many of his followers think otherwise.

    Check around. Nelson Montana and Primordial Performance's Eric Protraz have both spoken out against AllThingsMale. Nelson Montana calls AllThingsMale "a scam." Eric says, "Swale did bring some good ideas to the table but has been booted from just about any forum he attends for going nutso and freaking out on members who have opposing ideas or attempt to offer help. [He seems a little too wrapped up in getting guys to pay for consultations.]"


    I'm just listing facts. No opinions, and nothing to argue with.
    We already know your position about dr John.
    Water over the dam.

    I hope you are well adjusted, now with your new doctor.
    Personally I am looking for a chance of finding how your current doctor helped you.

    Post your original problems and how they are solved.

    If you think that it would be out of topic on this thread, start new thread.
  39. New Member
    may19th2001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

    The Facts:

    He may not be a M.D, however he is a D.O. which has just as much say as an M.D. in the USA, he is not a Nurse Practioner or is he a Physicians assistance.

    For Example:
    An M.D. or a D.O. could become a Psychatrist however a Physicians assistant could not or a Nurse Practioner.

    A Physicians assistant or Nurse Practioner depending on the state can practice under an M.D. or a D.O. they are both equal in the USA, do you know the diffrence between a D.O. or an M.D? They are in fact both Physicians.

    I knew a Surgeon who was a D.O. now a Physicians assistant or a Nurse Practioner could not become one however an M.D. or a D.O. could.

    Also your not a Physician an M.D. a D.O. or a Physician are you? You offer and recommend treatments to people.

    Nelson Montana is/was quite a steroid user as well, and Dr Crisler trys to sway away from this and help the patients to get off the steroid abuse. Also he has helped baseball players as well as other steroid abusers in sports to come off of them.

    His prices are not all that bad and he provides a good level of service, the facts that you think you have are not credible in my eyes.

    Also did you know Dr Eugine Shippen Practices in a similar fashion as Dr Crisler? As well as other Physicians agreeing with how he practices.

    Perhaps this is the way you feel and you do not have all of the facts you think you have together.

    I think you just need to get off that horse with long legs, because you do not know everything you are talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieVegas View Post
    Perhaps he has improved.

    Like I said, I was one of his first patients.

    He started treating men over the internet less than a year after finishing his internship and getting his license to practice.

    He was advertising himself as a "leader in the field" of TRT. Yet, no residency, and no peer-reviewed material published in any known journal. Just theories in Word documents on his own PC. He isn't an MD.

    No man speaks doctrine but many of his followers think otherwise.

    Check around. Nelson Montana and Primordial Performance's Eric Protraz have both spoken out against AllThingsMale. Nelson Montana calls AllThingsMale "a scam." Eric says, "Swale did bring some good ideas to the table but has been booted from just about any forum he attends for going nutso and freaking out on members who have opposing ideas or attempt to offer help. [He seems a little too wrapped up in getting guys to pay for consultations.]"


    I'm just listing facts. No opinions, and nothing to argue with.
  40. New Member
    may19th2001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

    Re: JanSZ


    Well said you take the words out of our mouth JanSZ.

    Now lets see what he has for us...

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    We already know your position about dr John.
    Water over the dam.

    I hope you are well adjusted, now with your new doctor.
    Personally I am looking for a chance of finding how your current doctor helped you.

    Post your original problems and how they are solved.

    If you think that it would be out of topic on this thread, start new thread.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. She's Just Not Worth It
    By Irish Cannon in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 03:21 AM
  2. For once GNC was worth it.
    By jumpshot903 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 09:40 PM
  3. Back from the "Man-Cave".........
    By Kingneptune40 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 05:00 AM
  4. Proviron Worth it? EQ Worth it?
    By Tom 185 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in