Endo does not want to test E2

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I am on Test Cyp 200 mg /every two weeks. When I asked my endo to test for E2 also along with other tests, he said it is not necessary. What should I do now?

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Tell him to do it anyways. What does it matter to him? It's not like hes paying for it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
With DR's permission goto one shot every 7 days to keep levels more steady. Plain and simple. If Dr is not going to properly monitor you find a new dr.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
Tell him to do it anyways. What does it matter to him? It's not like hes paying for it.
Agreed.
I don't understand why he wouldn't, it is a pathway hormone for test that CAN be elevated. It's not like your asking for a prescription of Oxy or anything.
You can also order online, but may be pricey.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am on Test Cyp 200 mg /every two weeks. When I asked my endo to test for E2 also along with other tests, he said it is not necessary. What should I do now?
At first, every two weeks is to much distance between shots.
Once a week (supposedly) is ok.
More frequent are better.
I do E2D, many do 2x/week.

second, 200mg/2week=100mg/week
that very likely is not enough, 150-180mg (average weekly) more likely.

third, good E2 blood test is a minimum, and really not enough.
24hr urine test is the way to go.

That test would tell you not oly about E2 status
you will find out also if you are using enough DHEA and testosterone, evaluate your adrenals, some tests will evaluate little about thyroid.

Read this, print, give to your doc:

Clinical value of 24-hour urine hormone evaluations
Clinical value of 24-hour urine hormone evaluations | Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients | Find Articles at BNET