Transderms: 2-4 weeks feeling good, then drops off?

steve999

Awards
I was feeling better (more energy, increased sex drive, etc.) the first few weeks after I started on 5g/day Androgel. Now about 5 weeks into it, I'm noticing less of an effect.

My guess is my body is reducing it's own T production, so I've lost some or all of the positive effects. I'll be doing more blood work soon to quantify.

Just wondering if others have experienced the same thing? My guess is yes.

I'm secondary, so I'll push for HCG at my next doctor visit.

ratdog

Awards
Hi Steve,
Yes you are going thru what a lot of us here have been thru. I was started on 5g per day of Androgel, crashed 10 days to two weeks later, went straight to doc for help, was told even after telling her I felt much worse than before gel to wait my 8 weeks for more labs. My total T went from 289 to 170. The insert that comes with the gel states adjustment of dose is ok after 14 days of use. Your balls will start getting smaller too. Try to get more labs right away and get your meds adjusted. Good Luck!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I was feeling better (more energy, increased sex drive, etc.) the first few weeks after I started on 5g/day Androgel. Now about 5 weeks into it, I'm noticing less of an effect.

My guess is my body is reducing it's own T production, so I've lost some or all of the positive effects. I'll be doing more blood work soon to quantify.

Just wondering if others have experienced the same thing? My guess is yes.

I'm secondary, so I'll push for HCG at my next doctor visit.
Secondary ---- push for HCG
Since you are shut down now, you will have to wait longer for HCG to work.

Most ends up with 10grams Androgel.

Transdermals raise DHT, use it if DHT is low, monitor DHT levels.

brentf13

Awards
Use HCG 250IU every three days with the Androgel and you should feel much better. Keep an eye on E2 and control it as needed.

longrob

Awards
Hey JanSz,
What is a good DHT level? I am 54 Yrs old on 1 Tube of Testim per day. Tests showed my DHT was 255, TT was 750 ng/mL, and Free T was 25 pg/mL.

ratdog

Awards
Has HCG been on the market long enough to ensure there are no bad side effects? Why is it so many doctors know nothing about using it for guys on HRT or frown on it being used for this? I am not trying to start a war, I am on AndroGel too and wish my nuts would stop shrinking.

brentf13

Awards
Because doctors in general know nothing about TRT and endos feel if you're at the levels of a 90 year old man you're fine. HCG has been around forever and it's safe. You can't use it in massive doses for long periods because you'll desensitize to LH. 2000iu to 3000iu a week is fine. Some guys use it as a standalone at 6000iu a week and are fine. Androgel by itself is useless. Everyone has the same story.... I started Androgel and felt great for two weeks but now I'm about the same....duh.... If you start at 300 and 50mg of Androgel adds 300 when your body shuts down it's natural T you're back down to 300. Not only have you done that but you body upped aromatase to adjust for a level of T at 600 and now you're at 300! Up goes E2 and SHBG and down goes T. You end up worse than when you started. Next your Dr will scratch his head and up your Androgel to 7.5 and then to 10. You'll be sitting there with a T of 475, free T 50, E2 at 100 and DHT off the chart. Once again you're doctor will scratch his head and tell you T must not have been your problem. Here's a hand full of antidepressants. Your average doctor or endo knows jack about TRT.

ratdog

Awards
Do you know of an internet Doc that accepts insurance and is up on TRT and the use of HCG? I live in an area where my choices for docs are slim.