AndroGel now on 8 pumps per day

ratdog

Awards
Endo agreed to change my dose yesterday from 4 pumps per day to 8. Has any of you guys used that much per day? Seems like it will be hard to get all 8 on upper abs and shoulders. Should I appy 4 pumps, let it dry and the apply again to same sites. Will our bodies absorb the T if it is applied over a greater area instead of more in less area? The boys have for sure reduced about 1/3 in size. Will my body at age 44 ever start producing more T on it's own without additional meds? Do most guys use the max dose of AndroGel prescribed every day or is it good to stop for a few days and start back. Sorry for all the questions, I have learned a lot more here from users the at my Doc's.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are introducing exogenous testosterone which will further inhibit your natural test production. Most at our age need to recognize that TRT is a lifetime endeavor. Unless your doctor has used alternative means to stimulate your HPTA so as not to need TRT expect to be on it for good. Some men use hCG to stimulate LH to sustain testicular function in areas such as sperm production and testicular size.

I am no doctor but you need to understand some of these things if you intend to proceed with TRT. Additionally some men do use up to 8 pumps, which IIRC is 10g. Most then opt for injections because of the concern of application that you mention.

Good luck.

ephedroman

Awards
i have been wondering could you apply twice daily. that would seem to solve the problem of were to apply. just a thought

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
i have been wondering could you apply twice daily. that would seem to solve the problem of were to apply. just a thought
Good question. I just asked the same thing in another forum. What do you guys think?

I have also been doing my T-Cream in the morning for the past 8 months. I try to have it applied by 7:00 am per doc.

But what about splitting the dose between AM and PM?? I understand that replicates own body's pulse the best. I was going to ask my doc this when I see him in a few weeks but would welcome anyone's opinion.

Some say there could be sleep issues (?) with PM dose.

ratdog

Awards
I have used 4 pumps 2 hours before bedtime with no sleep problems, plus might have helped the sheet action a bit.

beckerj

Awards
I am so happy for you RatDog !

I am on 6 a day .... Sometimes I will do 4 in the AM and 2 in the PM .... So Breaking it up like that should be fine ....

I have also added another site to the mix .... Of course many say to not deviate from what the manufacturers say, but my inner thighs seem a good place .... Not a lot of hair and close to the normal area of production ....

Age 44, Age 36 .... Once you are on it you are on it .... Unless you want to go back to the way you felt before the Androgel .... SMILE

You do not want to skip your dosage .... Keep with it .... Just try to keep it around the same times ....

If I were you though .... I would go to 6 pumps and not at the 8 .... Do this for two weeks .... See how you feel .... If you are a little better but not what you feel you should be, try 7 for a few days and then bump to the 8 if you see the need ....

Remeber .... More Androgel is not always right .... you can add too much and cause other issues that can be similar to Low T .... E2 gets elevated .... BTW did she get you a script for the labs ?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am so happy for you RatDog !

I am on 6 a day .... Sometimes I will do 4 in the AM and 2 in the PM .... So Breaking it up like that should be fine ....

I have also added another site to the mix .... Of course many say to not deviate from what the manufacturers say, but my inner thighs seem a good place .... Not a lot of hair and close to the normal area of production ....

Age 44, Age 36 .... Once you are on it you are on it .... Unless you want to go back to the way you felt before the Androgel .... SMILE

You do not want to skip your dosage .... Keep with it .... Just try to keep it around the same times ....

If I were you though .... I would go to 6 pumps and not at the 8 .... Do this for two weeks .... See how you feel .... If you are a little better but not what you feel you should be, try 7 for a few days and then bump to the 8 if you see the need ....

Remeber .... More Androgel is not always right .... you can add too much and cause other issues that can be similar to Low T .... E2 gets elevated .... BTW did she get you a script for the labs ?
Not sure how it works for general population but my personal experience with transdermals is that it:

greatly increases DHT
have no bearing on E2

I suspect that E2 may be a function of variations in TotalT levels.

Transdermals are aplied daily, so the TT level is practically steady (within blood not in a skin), specially when compared to weekly T injections.

DHT have to do with a skin type and content.
So T shots are not influencing DHT levels,
but
transdermal T increases DHT greatly.

brentf13

Awards
Get on HCG and .5mg of Adex a week. Every three days inject 1/2 CC of HCG and drop the gel back to 4 pumps. After you feel great in three weeks put me on your Christmas card list. I just started on HCG alone and it's working great! I'm adding gel back in this week and I'll feel like superman again. I can not stress enough HCG!!! Google "My current best thoughts on administering testosterone replacement therapy".

alan1973

Awards
Every three days inject 1/2 CC of HCG and drop the gel back to 4 pumps.
where are you getting this info? do you know anything about real HCG?
nobody measures HCG by CC's. it depends on how much BW you mix with it.
HCG is measured in IUs.
use a slin pin 1/2 CC size is best and more accurate.

brentf13

Awards
Just a note but after reading a zillion of these posts, and experiencing these issues myself, T replacement is a three legged therapy. T+AI+HCG. You'll need all three to a different degree but no one has success by just smearing on some androgel. A big problem with the gel is increasing levels while you natural production is suppressed. This is why everyone has the same story.... "I felt great for two weeks but now I feel the same" Once your natural T shuts off the gel won't cut it. The easy solution is HCG every three days. It keeps your natural T and makes the gel a reasonable therapy. Also everyone can use an AI to some degree. I use just .5mg a week and that's fine. Remember you're not just trying to raise T but you're also trying to keep E2 in check. Successful therapy increases the T to E ratio. A target would be free T over 120 and E2 between 20 and 30.

brentf13

Awards
500IU. (It's always been 1/2 a CC with the HCG I use.)

brentf13

Awards
One last thing about this therapy is don't try to reinvent the wheel. Save yourself the frustration of family doctors and endos and just drop a dime a see Dr John. Take it from someone who took two years to find someone that knew what the hell they were doing. His protocol just plain works.

alan1973

Awards
500IU. (It's always been 1/2 a CC with the HCG I use.)
you must use a lot of BW for that.
1/2 a cc, sub-q is not the most comfortable thing either.
Either way, I apologize.

most HCG is sold at 5000iu with a 1 or (more likely) 2cc bottle of BW. really cheap too. 30 bucks will let you inject for a whole 8-10 weeks depending on your regimen, and while doing that, give your girl that money shot you always wanted to. :pose: my load doubles while on HCG.

DMAC10

DMAC10

Awards
you must use a lot of BW for that.
1/2 a cc, sub-q is not the most comfortable thing either.
Either way, I apologize.

most HCG is sold at 5000iu with a 1 or (more likely) 2cc bottle of BW. really cheap too. 30 bucks will let you inject for a whole 8-10 weeks depending on your regimen, and while doing that, give your girl that money shot you always wanted to. :pose: my load doubles while on HCG.

Where is a good place to get the HCG & the BW??

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
thats about the best price $30 for 8-10 weeks i have ever seen