HCG and clomiphene citrate...same?

ratdog

Awards
I have BCBS insurance. The list clomiphene citrate as an alt. to HCG, is it the same thing?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I have BCBS insurance. The list clomiphene citrate as an alt. to HCG, is it the same thing?
No, clomiphene (generic for clomid) is a SERM used to restart your natural LH and testosterone. Generally used for a few months. I went this route and it worked for me.

HCG is a LH analog (shot) used to signal the testicles to produce testosterone. HCG must be continued indefinately, and is often combined with T shots to preserve testicles and fertility.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, clomiphene (generic for clomid) is a SERM used to restart your natural LH and testosterone. Generally used for a few months. I went this route and it worked for me.

HCG is a LH analog (shot) used to signal the testicles to produce testosterone. HCG must be continued indefinately, and is often combined with T shots to preserve testicles and fertility.
From insurer's perspective, they may be deemed substitutes in terms of their use for women -- fertility meds.

Last edited:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established

Well HCG is a peptide hormone produced during pregnancy.

And Clomid is a fertility drug that induces ovulation.

So they're probly lumped into the same fertility category.