HCG and clomiphene citrate...same?

1. HCG and clomiphene citrate...same?

I have BCBS insurance. The list clomiphene citrate as an alt. to HCG, is it the same thing?

2. Quote Originally Posted by ratdog View Post
    I have BCBS insurance. The list clomiphene citrate as an alt. to HCG, is it the same thing?
    No, clomiphene (generic for clomid) is a SERM used to restart your natural LH and testosterone. Generally used for a few months. I went this route and it worked for me.

HCG is a LH analog (shot) used to signal the testicles to produce testosterone. HCG must be continued indefinately, and is often combined with T shots to preserve testicles and fertility.

3. Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    No, clomiphene (generic for clomid) is a SERM used to restart your natural LH and testosterone. Generally used for a few months. I went this route and it worked for me.

HCG is a LH analog (shot) used to signal the testicles to produce testosterone. HCG must be continued indefinately, and is often combined with T shots to preserve testicles and fertility.
    From insurer's perspective, they may be deemed substitutes in terms of their use for women -- fertility meds.
    Last edited by jinxie; 07-02-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Errata
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by ratdog View Post

Well HCG is a peptide hormone produced during pregnancy.

And Clomid is a fertility drug that induces ovulation.

So they're probly lumped into the same fertility category.

Similar Forum Threads

1. CLOMIPHENE CITRATE QUESTION
    By jtnixit in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 06:58 AM
  2. Clomiphene citrate... drink or Inj?
    By Kingdude in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 09:31 AM
  3. Tamoxifen/Clomiphene Citrate from IBE
    By aaarnold in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0