Long-term Clomid to Boost Test

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Long-term Clomid to Boost Test

Hey all. I am inquiring for a friend. He takes 25 mgs of Clomid, ED. His TT increased from 150 to 400. E2 is under control. He wants TT higher (as he suffers from lethargy and muscle soreness and lack of recovery), and is wondering whether it is safe to increase the dose to 37.5 or even 50 mgs, ED. His doc is willing to increase the script, but the doc has no experience with doses above 25 mgs.

Any opinions?

I've suggested that my friends give hCG a try (given what I've read about long-term sides of Clomid), but he is in between jobs, and is not willing to bear the expense of a new doc.

Thanks in advance,
    J

2. Registered User
    Answers

Subbed to this one, too.

BTW - I think you may be aware that there is another Clomid thread in which Clomid is used at 10 to 25 Mg/ED to reset HPTA.

The only sides that I have heard about are increased moodiness/emotionalism. Bioman and datBtrue are great resources.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Subbed to this one, too.

BTW - I think you may be aware that there is another Clomid thread in which Clomid is used at 10 to 25 Mg/ED to reset HPTA.
    Yeah, I did not pile on that one, as this is not for re-set. This guy is hypogonadal, without any chance of resetting. Frankly, I think he needs Test, but his doc, a urologist, doesnt like to deal with the monitoring that Test requires. Thanks.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Yeah, I did not pile on that one, as this is not for re-set. This guy is hypogonadal, without any chance of resetting. Frankly, I think he needs Test, but his doc, a urologist, doesnt like to deal with the monitoring that Test requires. Thanks.
    No need to thank me. I am learning a ton, and I am always more than happy to share whatever I've seen.

At 49, I assume TRT may be something I'll need to address in my future - but I'm fighting like heck to keep my levels as high as they can be w/o TRT.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Clomid worked to restart me, but IMO doesn't seem safe or desireable long-term. I couldn't wait to get off it. If he doesn't want any sort of TRT or HCG, maybe a supplement like STOKED! would be worth trying. It's based on SERM properties of resveratrol which is a good antioxidant anyway.

Stoked with FREE AI TANK TOP! from Anabolic Innovations - $37.99

Hey, you get a free t-shirt too
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Subbed to this one, too.

The only sides that I havce heard about are increased moodiness/emotionalism. Bioman and datBtru are great resources.
    I don't like Clomid for this reason and noticed these sides within two days.

Tamoxifen works better for me.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

I asked the following question in the other thread, but since Tamox was mentioned - I thought it might help to repeat it here:

"A question (directed mostly to Bio and DatB, but anyone is free to chime in), assuming one stayed on Clomid at 10 - 25 mg/ED, then - at some point - EOD, do you believe there would be a benefit from simultaneously running Tamox at a very low dose (like 10mg/ED)?"

So, if increasing Clomid might present sides, would it seem that augmenting a low does of Clomid with a low dose of Tamox would make sense?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  198 lbs.
    Answers

There are so many over the counter supplements that could help kick up his HPTA
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Answers

This thread has gotten derailed. Wondering if anyone has any experience with long-term Clomid use at a dose in excess of 25 mgs? What was your experience. Thanks in advance.
  10. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Clomid has shown to be toxic to the eyes, and really should not be used longer than absolutely necessary.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 11:28 PM
  2. Clomid for long term?
    By p0fell0w in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 04:11 PM
  3. can clomid raise testosterone long term/permanently?
    By Intellectual in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:29 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 02:33 PM
  5. any advice on long term test
    By mr b in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 01:27 PM