URGENT! AndroGel is KILLING my T levels!

ratdog

Awards
March of this year I had lots of blood work done. I suspected low testosterone levels due to no energy, depression, loss of interest in sex, and ED. My numbers then and now:
NOW THEN

TESTOSTERONE,FREE 39 68
TESTOSTERONE % FREE 2.2 2.5
TESTOSTERONE, ADULT MALE 176 278
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 20 16
I WENT TO ENDO ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO AND TOLD HER ON 4 PUMPS I STARTED FEELING A LITTLE BETTER FOR THE 1ST 10 DAYS TO 2 WEEKS BUT THEN I FELT WORSE THAN EVER. DID MY OWN BODIES TESTOSTERONE PRODUCTION SHUT DOWN?
MY NUTS SURE SEEM SMALLER. I ASKED HER 4 WEEKS AGO TO LET ME GO TO 6 PUMPS AND SHE SAID NO, WAIT TILL MY NEXT APT. NOW I WONDER IF 6 PUMPS IS ENOUGH. MY B12 IS ALSO ON THE LOW END OF THE OK CHART AS WELL, 282.0 PG WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO? I AM 44, 6'3", 247 LBS AND FEEL SO ROTTEN I HAVE NOT WORKED SINCE LAST NOV. MY APT IS IN 2 DAYS. THANKS

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AndroGel is TRT - Testosterone Replacement Therapy. The operative word is replacement. Of course your T-Levels are low, you've replaced your endogenous (natural) Testosterone with exogenous (synthetic) Testosterone.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DID MY OWN BODIES TESTOSTERONE PRODUCTION SHUT DOWN?
Sort of the way things work when you add outside sources of test...

ratdog

Awards
So what should I do now? Hope she bumps me to 6 pumps or 8 or what?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
March of this year I had lots of blood work done. I suspected low testosterone levels due to no energy, depression, loss of interest in sex, and ED. My numbers then and now:
NOW THEN

TESTOSTERONE,FREE 39 68
TESTOSTERONE % FREE 2.2 2.5
TESTOSTERONE, ADULT MALE 176 278
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 20 16
I WENT TO ENDO ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO AND TOLD HER ON 4 PUMPS I STARTED FEELING A LITTLE BETTER FOR THE 1ST 10 DAYS TO 2 WEEKS BUT THEN I FELT WORSE THAN EVER. DID MY OWN BODIES TESTOSTERONE PRODUCTION SHUT DOWN?
MY NUTS SURE SEEM SMALLER. I ASKED HER 4 WEEKS AGO TO LET ME GO TO 6 PUMPS AND SHE SAID NO, WAIT TILL MY NEXT APT. NOW I WONDER IF 6 PUMPS IS ENOUGH. MY B12 IS ALSO ON THE LOW END OF THE OK CHART AS WELL, 282.0 PG WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO? I AM 44, 6'3", 247 LBS AND FEEL SO ROTTEN I HAVE NOT WORKED SINCE LAST NOV. MY APT IS IN 2 DAYS. THANKS

What was your pre-Androgel LH, FSH & prolactin levels?

If your LH was real low, you may be secondary.
Secondary mean good testis but no signal to make production.

If you are secondary, you should be raising your testosterone using HCG. You will then have natural own production.

Read posts by these two guys who are on HCH monotheraphy and happy about it.

colkurtz_spf
jinxie

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/94855-trt-works-my-2.html#post1372299

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/96041-hcg-monotherapy-success.html#post1385612

ratdog

Awards
My bloodwork shows I am primary. My endo said. My LH level was on high side of OK

Shootist

Shootist

Awards
My bloodwork shows I am primary. My endo said. My LH level was on high side of OK
Sounds to me like the gel has cause your natural production to shut down. The problem is that you are getting less testosterone into your system via the gel than you were naturally. You probably need to bump up the gel dose or try switching to shots.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Get HCG to get the boys back if you can get your endo to prescribe it. I had no luck with the endo I went to. But after seeing Dr. Crisler I'm doing better. I tried the androgel for awhile and it did nothing for me other than dry my skin out. I felt a whole lot better after I went on the shots. It's a pain in the a@@ (literally) but compared to how I used to feel, well worth it and my wife says I'm a whole lot easier to be around.

keith1958

Awards
Yes your body stop making T it see'e the T you are putting into it and thinks it doesn't need to make any. I would let my doctor know that it is getting worse and do labs again to prove it to them. Then ask for T-CYP and inject yourself. Or ask for more gel to get your levels up. I like the gel or cream better, but i was not able to absorbe theem and had to go to injections.

beckerj

Awards
You went through what I went through .... Sounds like you may have a battle on your hands though to get her to bump you to 6 pumps ....

I started on 4 as well April 4, 2008 and after a week and a half I crashed .... I bumped myself up to 6 pumps and began to get MUCH better .... Then May 12th I started to get low on it and needless to say I ran out .... I didn't get back to 6 pumps until May 27th .... That was nearly two weeks of hell ....

I saw my urologist that put me on androgel and showed him my Progress Tracker sheets and he felt I should be on 6 pumps .... Maybe you should take the time to do the Progress Tracker sheets that you can get from the Androgel WebSite ....

She already has the labs .... I hate to say it but, if she is unwilling to move you up to the higher dose then you may need to find another Doc ....

Here again, how long have you been on the Androgel .... ????

If you have only been on it for 4 weeks .... I would suggest giving it another 2 to 3 weeks before you take any action .... Androgel is a lot like head meds .... It take some time for it to build up in your system ....

Another thing to note .... Androgel and I am not sure if it is the same for other forms of T, but I have experienced little changes over the past month or so .... Subtle things .... So that tells me to be patient ....

It is hard to hear that and understand but step back for a moment and take an inventory of the way you truly feel .... Don't focus on any one thing and see if you can't see that there are improvements, maybe you notice that you are thinking a bit more clear, or you are able to form conversations more readily, or you may even think of sex a bit more then you used to ....

The thing we all need to keep in perspective with TRT is that it is a time dependent healing process .... Not a slap it on, why isn't it working thing ....

I'll get off my soap box now .... SMILE

ratdog

Awards
Thanks becker, good to hear from you again. I started the AndroGel 4/30 of this year. Still unemployed, no energy, now I am noticing words spelled wrong all the time when I type, I have experimented and went up to 6 pumps for a week. Major improvement. If I told her she would not be real happy about it. She says guys that up doses of the gel on their own run a risk of prostate cancer. The way I feel now, I might as well be dead. This stuff knocked my numbers way down. I go tomorrow to see doc. Lets hope for 8 pumps & settle for 6

beckerj

Awards
Well I went and saw Dr. Larrimer .... He's an Endo up here in columbus, Ohio .... He told me this about Prostate Cancer and Androgel ....

If you have the cancer cells in your prostate then TRT is going to help it grow faster ....

If you don't have the cancer cells in your prostate then obviously you will not have prostate cancer ....

You need to say, "if you are that concerned with prostate cancer for me then order a PSA every month that you have me at 6 pumps .... If the numbers come back in the red zone, which I don't know, then we can take a look at other options then, but right now I feel like **** and want to see if 6 pumps will help me feel more like what I know I should .... Let's up my dose for one month and run another set of labs, PSA, Total T and Free T .... If these numbers and how I feel are all good then that should show I am okay at 6 pumps."

PLEASE !

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
I have experimented and went up to 6 pumps for a week....... If I told her she would not be real happy about it. She says guys that up doses of the gel on their own run a risk of prostate cancer.
If you have to "experiment", then maybe you are seeing the wrong Dr. When I started on t-gel, I felt great for the first 2 weeks, then blah - the boyz decided they didn't ahve to work anymore.

Also, if she thinks that increasing the dose is going to cause prostate cancer - I'd be concerned about their skillset. She should be worrying more that your estrogen will be increasing because of all the gel

I was on compounded T for a yr. Started with 1ml of 5%, then 2ml of 5%, then 2ml of 10%...all with labs between to evaluate effectiveness. If you have the right Dr, they should be working with you, not against you. I could probably get by on 3ml of 10% but the cost is killing me. I'm now self injecting.

I've also just started HCG. I was skeptical at first - but it does wonders for the testicles. The boyz are back.

Good luck with your journey.

stratvox

stratvox

Awards
my doctor just gave me a script for androgel. this stuff looks scary i need to do a lot more research before i rub this crap on. i have low test and have alll the nasty sides, lethargy, moodiness etc. this is just causing moire anxiety