High prolactin

MakinMoves456

Awards
I am a 20 year old male and i have never used any hormonal substances. I excercise daily (whether lifting of playing bball) and lead a relatively clean lifestyle. Recently, I went to the doctor for my yearly physical and complained excessive fatigue and somewhat of a low libido. He ordered a blood test to check prolactin, test, and free test. My prolactin levels were a little high (17.5 on a normal range of 1.0-13) and my total test was 420 on a normal range of 250-900. Free test was 13 and was toward the low end of the normal scale. I was told by his office that they will be making me an appointment with an endo.

My question is would lowering my prolactin level have a positive effect on my total and free testosterone? I want to avoid any type of HRT until it becomes a last resort but these symptoms are really starting to effect my life and my relationships. Thanks for your input.

Rob Awesome

Awards
When it comes to supplementation, doctors don't know everything (my opinion), but in this case.. I'm going to strongly advise you listen to your physician!

Good luck

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Examine nutrients imbalances and also neurotransmitters may help as well as possible pituitary scan to rule out abnormalities

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it could. the hormone balance is a very touchy thing. its more important to figure out why the prolactin is high

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
it could. the hormone balance is a very touchy thing. its more important to figure out why the prolactin is high
Prolactin;
Make sure that your have enough zinc and B6.

Use zinc supplements and from time to time drink zinc tally.
If you cannt stand bad taste of zinc tally, you have got enough zinc.

Not sure howto figure if you have enough B6.
Best would be nutritional testing.

MakinMoves456

Awards
well I do take a multivitamin every morning...wouldnt that in addition to my food intake be sufficient?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
well I do take a multivitamin every morning...wouldnt that in addition to my food intake be sufficient?
90% of the people \we test are shocked to find out they have nutient defieincies. "Well I take a multivitamin" Yep one that is not being absorb and causing more problems then anything.

I took 100mgs of zinc for 2 years and still deficent, when I adjusted my thyroid and cellular permeability it corrected it self.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
90% of the people \we test are shocked to find out they have nutient defieincies. "Well I take a multivitamin" Yep one that is not being absorb and causing more problems then anything.

I took 100mgs of zinc for 2 years and still deficent, when I adjusted my thyroid and cellular permeability it corrected it self.
Matrix,

Are you a doctor??