- 06-21-2008, 05:57 PM
I am a 20 year old male and i have never used any hormonal substances. I excercise daily (whether lifting of playing bball) and lead a relatively clean lifestyle. Recently, I went to the doctor for my yearly physical and complained excessive fatigue and somewhat of a low libido. He ordered a blood test to check prolactin, test, and free test. My prolactin levels were a little high (17.5 on a normal range of 1.0-13) and my total test was 420 on a normal range of 250-900. Free test was 13 and was toward the low end of the normal scale. I was told by his office that they will be making me an appointment with an endo.
My question is would lowering my prolactin level have a positive effect on my total and free testosterone? I want to avoid any type of HRT until it becomes a last resort but these symptoms are really starting to effect my life and my relationships. Thanks for your input.
- 06-21-2008, 06:59 PM
When it comes to supplementation, doctors don't know everything (my opinion), but in this case.. I'm going to strongly advise you listen to your physician!
06-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Examine nutrients imbalances and also neurotransmitters may help as well as possible pituitary scan to rule out abnormalities
06-21-2008, 08:35 PM
it could. the hormone balance is a very touchy thing. its more important to figure out why the prolactin is high
06-21-2008, 08:51 PM
06-21-2008, 11:45 PM
well I do take a multivitamin every morning...wouldnt that in addition to my food intake be sufficient?
06-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I took 100mgs of zinc for 2 years and still deficent, when I adjusted my thyroid and cellular permeability it corrected it self.
06-23-2008, 09:28 AM
06-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Estrogosky in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 9Last Post: 06-03-2010, 08:38 PM
- By Estrogosky in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 0Last Post: 05-24-2010, 05:37 PM
- By strongma122 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 12Last Post: 09-17-2009, 06:27 PM
- By tonyjaafan in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 13Last Post: 03-12-2009, 03:17 PM
- By Vidal Baboon in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 13Last Post: 10-04-2008, 06:59 AM