Adrenal / Thyroid checklist

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Adrenal / Thyroid checklist

Pretty good scorecard I found for people looking into adrenal or thyroid issues, or a combination of both.

Matrix of Signs and Symptoms of low adrenal and thyroid function

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Answers

yes - this is pretty good - i ran across this two weeks ago searching around on the subject.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I wish I knew roughly how long it would take to repair adrenals before starting thyroid treatment.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I have symptoms from all 3 columns, I guess I am just f'd up! lol
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Answers

point to know that this scale is used when already diagnosed with the conditions as these symptoms could be due to other and or sometimes normal processes.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by namtrag View Post

Yeah it depends on how many add up, but one of the points the Dr who made this was trying to make, was that most people have a combination of both adrenal / thryroid issues to some degree, even though they may not be diagnosed hypothyroid or have severe adrenal issues. Most Dr's will not diagnose or recognize issues until it gets severe, also a point they were making..but it doesn't mean people shouldn't treat these issues. A lot of the anti-aging dr's recognize and can spot issues, even when your values are within the 'normal' range. I have symptoms from all 3 as well, just means you could possibly have a combination of adrenal and thyroid issues (a lot of people fall into this category)
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I wish I knew roughly how long it would take to repair adrenals before starting thyroid treatment.

Appearantly adrenals are supposed to be supported when your average temperatures daily are the same and stable.

For example, take your temp 3 hours after you wake up, then in another 3 hours, then in another 3 hours.

Do this for 3 days, or a week, and when your temps average the same number daily your adrenals are supported and you can start thyroid if your temps average below 98.6 for the day.

http://www.drrind.com/tempgraph.asp
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    I'm in the same boat. So what's the answer to reverse this?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  199 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by theface View Post
    I'm in the same boat. So what's the answer to reverse this?
    I tried that ampheta-restore stuff as well as over the counter allergy medication. It seemed to curb the tolerance as well.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Answers

When you say allergy medication are you referring to Benadryl? If so, I also tried this to help rehab my receptors.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Let me see if I can put a lot of info about this I am a mod for men's thyroid and Adrenals and I have been a mod for yrs at the H2 group. I have not posted here in some time I had heart bypass sugary and it went bad I was out cold 17 weeks had to have 5 sugary's do to infections and died 5 times. I guess God needs me here for a erasion.

In this link it had a mess of links in it the first one is a FAQ's with all the answers anyone needs.
    http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/vi...php?f=12&t=256

At STTM site you would be linking all over the place to get this info all in one link.
    http://livingnetwork.co.za/hormones/adrenal-fatigue/

Dr. Jefferies book "Safe Uses of Cortisol" he is the man that found the best ways to treat this safe. In this link are the best parts from his book.
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/safe-uses

I know or have talked to a lot of people that have Adrenal problems and the ones that took a long time to treat it need to treat it for life. If you catch this soon and don't burn out your adrenals you can take Isocort or get a script from your Dr. for Cortef HC and start on this slow 2.5 mgs and work your way up to 20 mgs / day so go up 2.5 mgs every 5 days. Some need more then 20 mgs the max safe dose is 30 mgs. /day. I know a few people that were on this for 6 months then come off it slow the way they went on it and there Adrenals worked but they ended up back on treatment again because they did not change there life style or stop what was stressing there adrenals. Others are fine with out treatment. People need to know if they are Primary or Secondary I am Secondary or Hypopituitary do to a head injury some 27 yrs ago it only took me 23 yrs to figure this out. You can read my story here at this link and the update about my heart.

I feel going 23 yrs with low hormones messed up my heart.
    http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/vi...php?f=5&t=9239

If anyone needs more info about this just ask but one thing I am not a Dr. just a man that went through a lot of crap seeing Dr.'s that don't know about what was wrong with me. So I post to help others not to have to go through the crap I did.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Wow that is insane. Phil, you are truly blessed! Congrats to defeating death so many times and to a successful recovery!!
  13. Registered User
    Answers

I feel blessed and just to think 6 months ago I was so weak when I come to that I could not push a button to call a nurse. Today I go to the gym here in town it's called the Old Persons Commission you need to be over 50 to join and you can use there weight room full of machines for weight lifting for just $2.00 each time you us it. I go there 3x's a week and work out 90 mins and the days in between I walk 30 min's so yes I am blessed. Finely after all them yrs I feel great.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Okay, so it has been a week since I have been using ampheta-restore religiously (2 caps 2x per day). I definitely notice a better response from my adrenals and/or stimulants that I put in my system. I was incredibly skeptical because I have tried everything. Also, I currently take 70 mg of Vyvanse/day and frequently take preworkout mixes that are compiled partly of stimulants. So, I am kind of a heavy hitter when it comes to the stimulants that I have exposed my adrenal gland to. I am putting together a daily log and will post the results. So far I have noticed a better reaction to the vyvanse and preworkout mixes. There is less crash from superpump 250 compared to before. My mood seems to be better because of the decrease in crashing. I definitely think this stuff is helping out.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

One can do good on stimulants if they are Secondary and have low cortisol levels because there brain or Pituitary dose not tell there adrenls to make enough Cortisol. If your not Secondary taking stimulants just make your Adrenals work harder and stress them even more in time this will take it's toll on you.

The only way to tell is to stop all supplements that your taking for Adreanls and do an ACTH Stim. test.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACTH_stimulation_test
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by theface View Post
    Okay, so it has been a week since I have been using ampheta-restore religiously (2 caps 2x per day). I definitely notice a better response from my adrenals and/or stimulants that I put in my system. I was incredibly skeptical because I have tried everything. Also, I currently take 70 mg of Vyvanse/day and frequently take preworkout mixes that are compiled partly of stimulants. So, I am kind of a heavy hitter when it comes to the stimulants that I have exposed my adrenal gland to. I am putting together a daily log and will post the results. So far I have noticed a better reaction to the vyvanse and preworkout mixes. There is less crash from superpump 250 compared to before. My mood seems to be better because of the decrease in crashing. I definitely think this stuff is helping out.
    If you are on Vyvanse, I think you are playing with fire by taking other stimulants on top of this. This is similar to doing blow on top of Vyvanse. Too much stress on your system. Vyvanse is very hard on the system by itself.

My brother does the same ****. He has ADD, and is hung over from amphetamines by the evening, when he works out. So he takes Superpump 250, which gives him energy for working out harder than he really should (particularly late at night), and then he can't sleep at a reasonable hour, so he takes Ambien every night. This is a recipe for disaster. I can't tell that to my little bro, as it strains our relationship, but I can tell you, LOL.

Take it easy, and I hope the OTC supp can help your adrenals -- but for the love of god, let them heal rather than using the supp to hit them even harder!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Answers

I know man. I definitely hear you on this one. I felt like I was playing with fire and losing control. A few months ago I was taking two 70mg vyvanse per day on top of no explode or white flood, or superpump 250. I was constantly grinding my teeth, sweating, and feeling like total ass. The ampheta-restore stuff definitely has made a difference. It hasn't totally freed my from my stimulant dependency, but the monster definitely needs to be fed less now lol
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    If you are on Vyvanse, I think you are playing with fire by taking other stimulants on top of this. This is similar to doing blow on top of Vyvanse. Too much stress on your system. Vyvanse is very hard on the system by itself.

My brother does the same ****. He has ADD, and is hung over from amphetamines by the evening, when he works out. So he takes Superpump 250, which gives him energy for working out harder than he really should (particularly late at night), and then he can't sleep at a reasonable hour, so he takes Ambien every night. This is a recipe for disaster. I can't tell that to my little bro, as it strains our relationship, but I can tell you, LOL.

Take it easy, and I hope the OTC supp can help your adrenals -- but for the love of god, let them heal rather than using the supp to hit them even harder!
    Jinx is correct that this is playing with fire, however, Vyvanse is much more mild than Adderall. I talked to a few Shire Pharma reps about the drug. They said that it was bonded with l-lysine because this somehow allows the drug to enter the system at a continuous rate, whereas Adderall would simply blast you; causing a series of ups and downs that were far from enjoyable. I also think that shire changed the way that this drug is absorbed to discourage kids from trying to snort it. I saw a dateline nbc special about children and the 'Adderall epidemic'. This episode showed kids talking about snorting Adderall and selling personal possessions just to get more of the stuff. I'm sorry, this was just humorous to me. In the grand scheme of things, there are much worse things that kids could get their hands on than Adderall. However, if Shire really was trying to help 'us', they would make Vyvanse much cheaper. Unless you have rockstar health insurance, a month's prescription can cost between $100 and $350. My insurance provider has a ridiculous deductible that, in the small print, also applies to schedule II prescription drugs. So, I have to pay $500 out of pocket for my Vyvanse before they will start the co-pay. So ridiculous.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Adrenal Fatigue, Thyroid, and Workout crashes
    By Scottyo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 11:58 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 07:14 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 01:23 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 01:50 PM
  5. Complete Adrenal/Thyroid Bloodwork - Please help!
    By cjones84 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 01:19 PM