24hr-Urine and Blood Test results

mr13percent

Awards
I haven't done anything HRT related, per Dr.'s request, since my last cyp shot on 03/08/08.

Dr. had me do a 24hr-urine test on May 15, 2008, and I just wanted to get your thoughts on my results. Hope you guys will be able to shed some light on why some are so high.

24hr-Urine

Blood test (done with QUEST)
FSH - 2.5 (1.6-8.0)
LH - 1.5 (1.5-9.3)
IGF-I - 228 (126-382)
T-4, FREE - 1.3 (0.0-1.0)
T-3, FREE - 300 (230-420)
T-3, REVERSE - 27 (11-32)
TSH, 3RD GENERATION 1.50 (0.40-4.50)
SHGB - 46 (7-49)

Thanks again for the responses.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Looks to me like you are secondary hypogonadism,
resulting in lower free T and also causing an imbalance in your thyroid conversion t4 to t3. I would examine zinc levels as primary cause due to low t3 conversion and low testosterone.
Zinc will also lower shbg indirectly because it increases androgen receptorablity. Examine your diet what types of fat are you eating. I would also look at adrenal salivia to rule out if you are having any spike through out the day time. Think about it if one time you are high and one time low that = average levels which if you spike high 2 times a day and low 2 times then you can average out it being in the normal range over 24 hours. Elevated DHEA is from some time of stress or injury possible you have or your body is dealing with a hidden stressor. CAH is ruled out due to normal cortisol levels. Your body is stressing from something and obviouis it shows..Your e2 levels are good but inrelationship to testosterone THEY SUCK. If you increase T your e2 is going to go up the ass. YOu had same profile as I did when I had an chronic infections. I bank it low zinc due to low LH, Low testosterone, and elevated t3 to rt3 ratio (like to see it above 15 to be optimal) estrogen metabolism is good CALL YOUR DR AND HAVE THEM RELEASE THE METHYL HYDROX ESTRONES AS WELL TO MAKE SURE YOUR METHYLATION IS WORKING RIGHT..

Do you eat a high fiber diet? or possible low fat as? could explain your shbg.. I increased my fat and lowered fiber to 25 grams a day and shbg dropped from 39 to 29 in 6 weeks..High dhea you are burning up your EFA's as well so you may want to increase your fat intake of EFA 1-2 TBSP of hemp seed oil a day to help replace them. A huge correlation with adrenal issues is low EFA that could result in your elevated SHBG and reverse t-3 issue. DHEA BURNS ALL FATS DO NOT FORGET. STRESS RAISES CORTISOL AND DHEA AT FIRST THEN IT DROPS. I think it does this to prevent the body from eating it self up and slowlng the metabolism down why rt3 are increased with adrenal imbalnaces

mr13percent

Awards
Looks to me like you are secondary hypogonadism,
resulting in lower free T and also causing an imbalance in your thyroid conversion t4 to t3. I would examine zinc levels as primary cause due to low t3 conversion and low testosterone.
Zinc will also lower shbg indirectly because it increases androgen receptorablity. Examine your diet what types of fat are you eating. I would also look at adrenal salivia to rule out if you are having any spike through out the day time. Think about it if one time you are high and one time low that = average levels which if you spike high 2 times a day and low 2 times then you can average out it being in the normal range over 24 hours. Elevated DHEA is from some time of stress or injury possible you have or your body is dealing with a hidden stressor. CAH is ruled out due to normal cortisol levels. Your body is stressing from something and obviouis it shows..Your e2 levels are good but inrelationship to testosterone THEY SUCK. If you increase T your e2 is going to go up the ass. YOu had same profile as I did when I had an chronic infections. I bank it low zinc due to low LH, Low testosterone, and elevated t3 to rt3 ratio (like to see it above 15 to be optimal) estrogen metabolism is good CALL YOUR DR AND HAVE THEM RELEASE THE METHYL HYDROX ESTRONES AS WELL TO MAKE SURE YOUR METHYLATION IS WORKING RIGHT..

Do you eat a high fiber diet? or possible low fat as? could explain your shbg.. I increased my fat and lowered fiber to 25 grams a day and shbg dropped from 39 to 29 in 6 weeks..High dhea you are burning up your EFA's as well so you may want to increase your fat intake of EFA 1-2 TBSP of hemp seed oil a day to help replace them. A huge correlation with adrenal issues is low EFA that could result in your elevated SHBG and reverse t-3 issue. DHEA BURNS ALL FATS DO NOT FORGET. STRESS RAISES CORTISOL AND DHEA AT FIRST THEN IT DROPS. I think it does this to prevent the body from eating it self up and slowlng the metabolism down why rt3 are increased with adrenal imbalnaces
Wow thanks a ton for the reply Matrix, very informative. I eat oatmeal (old fashioned oats) everyday for bkf and watch my diet to a tee. I'd say i eat plenty of fat, as i put 2 tbsp of pb in my oatmeal and prob have another 2 tbsp b4 bed. I was trying to shed the last 5 or so pounds to get below 10% bf, so I'm prob taking in around 1800 cals or so with maintenance being around 2000-2100.

Also when u say this,
DHEA BURNS ALL FATS DO NOT FORGET. STRESS RAISES CORTISOL AND DHEA AT FIRST THEN IT DROPS. I think it does this to prevent the body from eating it self up and slowlng the metabolism down why rt3 are increased with adrenal imbalnaces
Is is possible my body is going into starvation mode from my diet?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Wow thanks a ton for the reply Matrix, very informative. I eat oatmeal (old fashioned oats) everyday for bkf and watch my diet to a tee. I'd say i eat plenty of fat, as i put 2 tbsp of pb in my oatmeal and prob have another 2 tbsp b4 bed. I was trying to shed the last 5 or so pounds to get below 10% bf, so I'm prob taking in around 1800 cals or so with maintenance being around 2000-2100.

Also when u say this,

Is is possible my body is going into starvation mode from my diet?
I beleive you have answered your own delima my freind.
REsponse to over training and under eating is elevated reverse t-3, cortisol imbalances, t4 to t3 conversion get lowered, and offcourse lower testosterone. I would suggest doing a refeed every 3-4 days when dieting down for because you are why under your caloirc intake. I got guys that are coming into contests are 4,000 caloires plus and still *****ing they are not eating enough HAHA. Every one maintence is different if you are at 10% bf then you are way under your calorie intake which is about 80% of your issue. You taking any fat burners at all what supplements are you taking? you are eating peanut butter ok what about your other essential fats Omega 3 and 6 peanut is mostly mono saturated, plus you need sat fats as well. I would keep diet where it is and add in 2 TBSP of Extra virgin coccnut oil and replace 2 TBSP of peanut butter with hempseed oil and see what difference you feel.

mr13percent

Awards
When I first saw my HRT doctor, he said my condition may be because I lost around 70 lbs in 2005, causing my hormones to get off balance. That's why he said to stay off the shots until I had these tests done. I think a refeed sounds like a good idea, but I don't think I am to off from my maintenance for my body to be starving. I guess I am always hungry, but it seems like when I do eat over maintenance even a little and clean, the weight comes quickly and right to my gut.

So I'm really not sure, but ya I am still not 10% bf yet, trying to diet down until lower abs appear etc. and I'm close. Also I would think if i am too low in regards to calories I would have been losing more weight these past months than I have.

On a side note, after my last shot of Cyp, my weight made it to almost 155lbs and my lifts went up like crazy, since then though, my weight has comeback down to ~130lbs along with a huge decrease in my lifts.

I try to eat other fats like in fish etc, but I will definitely give the Omega - 3 oils a go and to answer your question, no I don't take any supplements. I will be talking with my doctor about these results in a couple or days, any idea where he might go with me as far as treatment is concerned?