ZMA that works?

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a brand of ZMA that garuanteed works. I used to buy one from a local chain of health stores, but due to not many people buying it they stopped sales of this product. After that I went on another ZMA product, which unfortunately doesn't work, i.e. I don't get the deep sleep benefits from it (although I might get the minerals in it).

Is there a brand which has the garuanteed sleep benefits so I feel great when waking up? Now Foods a good brand or some others?

Thanks!

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
Maybe ZMA doesn't work for you ? I had minor succes with ZMA by Optimum Nutrition. Check it out.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Go for Melatonin. NP stocks it (Optimum Nutrition). Combine it with any of NP's ZMAs and you'll be in the land of nod before your head hits the pillow :)

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Maybe ZMA doesn't work for you ? I had minor succes with ZMA by Optimum Nutrition. Check it out.
Yeah it did work for me. I did two bottles of ZMA which worked, now that brand is sold out and will never return.

So my current zma stinks and doesn't give me the benefit.

What is a good brand which garuanteed works for sleep?

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Go for Melatonin. NP stocks it (Optimum Nutrition). Combine it with any of NP's ZMAs and you'll be in the land of nod before your head hits the pillow :)
Thanks! 3 mg melatonin? Or just ZMA? On the old i woke up often after 6 hours of solid deep sleep, but melatonin added makes for a good 8 hours??

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It certainly does! Add 50mg of diphenhydramine for a coma :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Melatonin is powerful, although I'm still uneasy about long-term supplementation on it since it is a hormone and it may affect our body in a way we don't intend.

I would say use ZMA nightly, and Melatonin for those days when you've got alot on your mind. Tryptophan may be of interest to you, and a combo can be had at http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/zmt-nutracaps-100-caps.html .

Nimbus also has a product (Abyss) that combines ZMA and a few other things. But things can quickly get expensive, it depends how much you want to spend on trying to improve your sleep. A cheap effective method is learning some deep breathing techniques.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin is powerful, although I'm still uneasy about long-term supplementation on it since it is a hormone and it may affect our body in a way we don't intend.

I would say use ZMA nightly, and Melatonin for those days when you've got alot on your mind. Tryptophan may be of interest to you, and a combo can be had at http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/zmt-nutracaps-100-caps.html .

Nimbus also has a product (Abyss) that combines ZMA and a few other things. But things can quickly get expensive, it depends how much you want to spend on trying to improve your sleep. A cheap effective method is learning some deep breathing techniques.
Getting to sleep by guided hypnosis where you are told to deep breath and let stress go, works to fall asleep 9 out of 10 times, but then i tried zma, i awoke and never remembered when i fell asleep, prolly about after half an hour. Much better.

Im just looking for only zma which is cheap but does work, this i can buy one year supply at pretty economic.

Mo250

Awards
are there any preferred forms of zinc and magnesium in terms of bio-availability?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use ZMK from MST.
Seems to work great for me and it's probably the most bio-available and complete mineral source.

Melatonin on the other hand does nothing for me.

ZMA for some people keeps them awake at night, for some reason. I think it's all up to the user and how they react.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established

I would say use ZMA nightly, and Melatonin for those days when you've got alot on your mind. Tryptophan may be of interest to you, and a combo can be had at ZMT NutraCaps (100 caps) By: NutraPlanet .

L-Tryptophan increases Serotonin production and Serotonin decreases your libido. I'm not very fond of it.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
L-Tryptophan increases Serotonin production and Serotonin decreases your libido. I'm not very fond of it.
True, only if your serotonin level goes above range. Someone with sleeping problems has a good chance to being deficient. Per urinary test, my serotonin was 75 [range 150-200].

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
ZMK is the most bio-available source for zinc/mag/b6 (p5p) product and it includes important minerals vital for recovery in chelated form with a wealth of trace components. Best ZMA type product and so much more AND it's inexpensive. Might as well upgrade your multi as well with the MVP-365/ZMK combo.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Might as well upgrade your multi as well with the MVP-365/ZMK combo.
Definately a good combo. I was taking it for a while but then switched to Now's Adam alongside ZMK...but I'm thinking of dropping the Adam multi since it has saw palmetto in it and I have no need or want for that. Back to MVP-365!

Also, if people are looking for an alternate Zinc product to ZMK, make sure it's got Zinc Picolinate, but tbh I haven't seen a better product than ZMK. It's more complete than any I've seen.

Mo250

Awards
is Zinc Picolinate more bio-available than opti l-zinc?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Now's Opti L-Zinc has Zinc Monomethionine, I've heard it's very bioavailable but picolinate has scientific backing on it as well. I think picolinate is at least as available as monemethionine.

Google "A better alternative to ZMA: Zinc Picolinate" and there's a pretty good thread on BB.com about it.

edit: actually I just read Opti Zinc is probably the best form out there now.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah it does, but I like to take more than that.

It's also nothing comparable to the mineral blend in ZMK.

I normally take 2 adam's and 5 ZMK's ed.
Probably not needed for most people but I was pretty deficient for a while before supplementing.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
melatonin is a wonderful thing. but it is the perfect example of less is more. if you take 3mg a day in about 3 days your receptors wont work as well. in studies the effective doses where .3mg. and at that dose, it wont be over doing it. i just take the 3mg pill and break it into little peices, each lasts almost a week, while every night once i fall asleep i stay asleep. (doesnt help me much with getting to sleep just staying asleep)

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
i think im going to give zmk a try. it is inexpensive enough. i have heard contradicting things about zma (i beleive that was in regards to testosterone not sleep) the p5p(b6) is also an interest to me. as latley i have been reading more and more about it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
melatonin is a wonderful thing. but it is the perfect example of less is more. if you take 3mg a day in about 3 days your receptors wont work as well. in studies the effective doses where .3mg. and at that dose, it wont be over doing it. i just take the 3mg pill and break it into little peices, each lasts almost a week, while every night once i fall asleep i stay asleep. (doesnt help me much with getting to sleep just staying asleep)
Indeed, less is better.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the p5p(b6) is also an interest to me. as latley i have been reading more and more about it.

I was just speaking with a doctor about some of the best/safest methods for lowering prolactin and I brought p5p up. It's only very mild for this use. The best way to lower prolactin, especially on a longterm basis, is to raise dopamine. People would have better luck supplementing with L-dopa (or even better, with l-deprenyl - but that's a drug). Not sure if that's what you were thinking of using it for.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I just started ZMK and love it. My sleep is great but I don't seem to be sleeping for 8 hours. I've only been sleeping for 4-6 hours a night but wake up feeling great. I know this is probably bad as far as growing is concerned but I can't help but feel good, I even pop out of bed like a little kid. It's been awhile since I've taken a ZMA product and I remember having the same results with others in the past but not to this extent. Also, like others in the past my libido is going crazy but even more so than before.

ZMK is definitely a high quality product. 4 pills a day may be too much for consistent daily use and I might cut back a bit.

RockyD

Awards
ZMA is ZMA...I take (3) caps of SNAC ZMA plus (3) caps of ERGO 6-OXO every nite. You feel it in the morning.
3~5 gr. of melatonin on nights that I need a deep sleep also.
I'm in my 40's all...this combo seems to work great for me but might not for others.

My 0.02
Roc

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
ZMA is ZMA...I take (3) caps of SNAC ZMA plus (3) caps of ERGO 6-OXO every nite. You feel it in the morning.
I'm in my 40's all...this combo seems to work great for me but might not for others.

My 0.02
Roc
How long have you been taking 6-OXO for every night? You take them seperately right?

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established

My 0.02
Roc

Not entirely thats why i started this thread. I bought a good zma and slept insanely well and now im on a crappy brand.
Theoretically yeah its zinc magnesium and b6 all in the same forms, apparently some manufacturers don't make this **** in the right way. Good that its working for ya man!

RockyD

Awards
How long have you been taking 6-OXO for every night? You take them seperately right?
I cycle it 45 days on / off
Sorry for the confusion.
And yes I wait an hour between the ZMA and 6-OXO.

Hope this helps.