water retention or muscle gain?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.
    Answers

water retention or muscle gain?

I started my HRT around April 10th, and I actually did my body measurements at that time. I use a myotape, which is pretty nice to use for measuring on your own.

Since April 10th I have gained 6 lbs. My neck is up 1/4", my shoulders are up 1 7/8", my chest is up 1", my waist is up 7/8", my thigh is up 5/8", my calf is up 1/2 inch, my bicep is up 1/2".

I hope it's not all water! lol

On an aside, in Parade magazine there was a little ditty saying our bodies, if we are in good shape as men, are 62% water, 16% muscle, 16% fat, and the rest is bone and other tissue. So retaining water is all relative if you think about it.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    I started my HRT around April 10th, and I actually did my body measurements at that time. I use a myotape, which is pretty nice to use for measuring on your own.

Since April 10th I have gained 6 lbs. My neck is up 1/4", my shoulders are up 1 7/8", my chest is up 1", my waist is up 7/8", my thigh is up 5/8", my calf is up 1/2 inch, my bicep is up 1/2".

I hope it's not all water! lol

On an aside, in Parade magazine there was a little ditty saying our bodies, if we are in good shape as men, are 62% water, 16% muscle, 16% fat, and the rest is bone and other tissue. So retaining water is all relative if you think about it.
    Sounds good, dude. Are you working out too or did you just gain all of that size from the TRT?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I bust my ass in the gym 5 days a week and eat very little food! Except when I cheat a day every week or so.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    I bust my ass in the gym 5 days a week and eat very little food! Except when I cheat a day every week or so.
    Good job, man. Keep up the good work!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

When you take testosterone you sometimes do get a puffing effect of your muscles which is related to water retention however if your TEST levels have been low for a long time and you are now on the high side of normal you will start to see significant gains in muscle size as well. Some react quickly and blow up fast others take longer. Are you taking an AI like Armidex? get your Estrogen levels checked after about 3 months to see if you need an AI which will help if you start to retain too much water.

Good Luck,
    DF
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Water Retention!! How to get rid of?
    By packers6211 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 10:17 PM
  2. water retention?
    By adamroya in forum PES
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 06:21 PM