Another hCG Thread --MONOTHERAPY & DESENSITIZATION

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey all.

I am now taking 1500 IUs E3Ds, along with .3 mgs of Adex on shot days. Just got my blood work last week, and should have results in next week. I am assuming that my E2 is hovering around 50 and, as such, I will have to take the Adex up a tad (.45 -.6 E3Ds), but I'd rather bring E2 down then bring it up.

So, I see that HAN recently expressed the desensitization issue, and I am interested if he knows of any sources for this opinion, other than the study he sited, which is not persuasive to me?

Given the dosage protocol for fertility (1k-2k IUs, 2-3 times per week), for an extended period of time, I have a hard time believing that my dose will densensitize my leydig cells. And this protocol contemplates continuing on said protocol after the fertility issue resolves (i.e., pregnancy attained) if the patient is hypogonadal. I've NEVER seen anything authoritative suggest the risk of desensitization at this dosage. But my eyes and ears are open and I'd like to see some authority, so that I can discuss it with my doctor.

I continue to feel much better on this protocol than on 100 mgs T-cyp and 500 IUs hCG, both weekly.

Thanks for any insight. Always respect HAN's opinions.

J

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Hey all.

I am now taking 1500 IUs E3Ds, along with .3 mgs of Adex on shot days. Just got my blood work last week, and should have results in next week. I am assuming that my E2 is hovering around 50 and, as such, I will have to take the Adex up a tad (.45 -.6 E3Ds), but I'd rather bring E2 down then bring it up.

So, I see that HAN recently expressed the desensitization issue, and I am interested if he knows of any sources for this opinion, other than the study he sited, which is not persuasive to me?

Given the dosage protocol for fertility (1k-2k IUs, 2-3 times per week), for an extended period of time, I have a hard time believing that my dose will densensitize my leydig cells. And this protocol contemplates continuing on said protocol after the fertility issue resolves (i.e., pregnancy attained) if the patient is hypogonadal. I've NEVER seen anything authoritative suggest the risk of desensitization at this dosage. But my eyes and ears are open and I'd like to see some authority, so that I can discuss it with my doctor.

I continue to feel much better on this protocol than on 100 mgs T-cyp and 500 IUs hCG, both weekly.

Thanks for any insight. Always respect HAN's opinions.

J
I took 5000 IUs twice per week for 10 weeks followed by 4000 IUs twice per week for 10 months. I then took eight months off of everything. Since returning to the therapy, I have had good results on doses ranging from 2000 to 3500 IUs per week. In other words, I have experienced no desensitization.

Currently I am doing 1000 three times. My doctor think that two to three times per week works well - two being the best choice. More frequency, in his opinion diminishes results, and can lead to high DHT levels. It sounds like you have the right protocol.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I took 5000 IUs twice per week for 10 weeks followed by 4000 IUs twice per week for 10 months. I then took eight months off of everything. Since returning to the therapy, I have had good results on doses ranging from 2000 to 3500 IUs per week. In other words, I have experienced no desensitization.

Currently I am doing 1000 three times. My doctor think that two to three times per week works well - two being the best choice. More frequency, in his opinion diminishes results, and can lead to high DHT levels. It sounds like you have the right protocol.
Leaving aside desensitization, the success of the protocol is undeniable. My body has metamorphosed (approaching pre-T-decline levels), and my strength has returned (bench from 185 for 4 to 225 for 8, just for example), all in about 10 weeks. It's been like magic. (And a thank goodness to muscle memory!) My workout partner is dizzied by my gains. My chiropractor continues to ask whether I am taking hGH -- he treats ball players. I like it. A lot.

Now I need to focus on my more serious health issues, which, as it ends up, has nothing to do with my thyroid and adrenals. Reading these boards, it seems like many believe that nearly every health deficiency is caused by deficient thyroid and adrenals, which is SO not the case. Thank goodness for folks like HAN/Matrix.

Good luck to all in finding that magic formula that works for you. We are all very different and variable and a cookie-cutter approach is a set-up for failure.