AndroGel and swelling

ratdog

Awards
I am on my 4th week of AndroGel. My hands are swelling. If I were to have a reaction to AndroGel would it not have happened by now? Thanks

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities for you to have Edema, and the Androgel just agrivated it.

"If you have a history of heart, kidney, or liver disease and develop swelling in the hands, feet, or ankles, then you should stop using AndroGel."

From and Androgel write-up.

ratdog

Awards
Is there anything else used for hrt in men that will not cause the swelling?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Thats not really something i would feel comfortable giving a definitive answer on. I just dont know enough about it, but maybe someone here does.

I would suggest consulting whoever you got the androgel from. Unless his name is big mike and works nights at Golds, then i would consult a physician

dougfl

dougfl

Awards
Have doctor check you BP, you may be having an increase in BP and water retention due to the estrogenic effects of the Agel, usually you do not have as much of an estrgen effect from gel but I would definantly get it checked out as this could be sign of serious problems. My BP actually went down on the shots but we are all different and react differently, are you taking anything for AI ?(like Armidex, etc...)