testim?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Wink testim?

Hey my brother inlaw got diagnosed with hypogonadism. He was prescribed Testim. His main concern was infertility as he wants to have kids. To my knowledge any test therapy shuts your nuts down, but his doc said Testim is a new revolutionary drug that will probably improve his fertility. Is this really true? What sides and any additioal info from experienced users or anyone with knowledge on the drug would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hatebreed930 View Post
    Hey my brother inlaw got diagnosed with hypogonadism. He was prescribed Testim. His main concern was infertility as he wants to have kids. To my knowledge any test therapy shuts your nuts down, but his doc said Testim is a new revolutionary drug that will probably improve his fertility. Is this really true? What sides and any additioal info from experienced users or anyone with knowledge on the drug would be appreciated. thanks.
    Try first only HCG (enough of it not the puny 250iu 2x/week), he may be able to produce enough of his own testosterone.

Look mostly at the part of the chart that I outlined in red.
    When time comes that he wans to have a baby;
    first, he may be able to have it as is
    second, if not, add HMG
    third (last resort), biopsy to find out if he produces sperm

the #3 is to find out who have a problem, him or her.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-...ml#post1332530

For every day living,
    HCG may be enough to get him to the desired BAT range

if not, make up the difference by T shots or transdermal (depending on DHT level, use transdermal if DHT is low)
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Question

His test level was 200-250 range and he is 29. He was mostly suffering from lethargy and weight gain. The doc said his 200-250 test level would make it difficult to produce the desired sperm count for succesful pregnacy, however he has not had a sperm count done (doc is assuming cuz of very low test)but his doc wants him to take one after 6 months of Testim. What I don't understand is why the doc would suggest testim if his main concern is fertility? HCG, nolva, arimidex would be the weapons of choice for natural test production right? It will be hard to convince him to use HCG or the others since the doc said Testim will give the desired sperm count. Is this doctor talking out of his ass for unknown shady reasons and going about this the wrong way or is there crediblity to his statements?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.89%

His test level was 200-250 range and he is 29. He was mostly suffering from lethargy and weight gain. The doc said his 200-250 test level would make it difficult to produce the desired sperm count for succesful pregnacy, however he has not had a sperm count done (doc is assuming cuz of very low test)but his doc wants him to take one after 6 months of Testim. What I don't understand is why the doc would suggest testim if his main concern is fertility? HCG, nolva, arimidex would be the weapons of choice for natural test production right? It will be hard to convince him to use HCG or the others since the doc said Testim will give the desired sperm count. Is this doctor talking out of his ass for unknown shady reasons and going about this the wrong way or is there crediblity to his statements?

Sometimes it will improve. Don't know why? IF he wants to gof or semen analysis , he can't do it successfully cos of very low testosterone.Since he is below normal, testime will increase the levels but not beyond maxium ,thats why some of the doctors say it will imrpove count. Three doctors told the same thing to me.They rejected to prescribe HCG or Clomid.SOme people had success with fertility during TRT itself. I read it in some of the forums.
    Last edited by darkblue1; 05-19-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: changed
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.89%

Is your brother in law secondary.How much he weigh now? What are the symptoms he have?. Is he losing any muscle mass.Since he is in 200s, he has to start TRT very soon, othewise he wil lose most of the muscle in the body, thats what happening to me.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Yes he is secondary. He is 6-3 280 lbs, he has a strong frame could probably bench atleast 250-275 pounds, but he is somewhat fat. His low T level of 200-250 explains some of the fat gain but I would imagine he would be pretty weak with T in the 200-250 range. He started Testim 5 days ago.

So the MD's are saying that TRT treatment with Testim will improve his spermcount better than HCG/Nolva/Arimidex because his T level is so low? Is there any reading and or sites/forums that can verify this, because it sounds strange?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.89%

Yes he is secondary. He is 6-3 280 lbs, he has a strong frame could probably bench atleast 250-275 pounds, but he is somewhat fat. His low T level of 200-250 explains some of the fat gain but I would imagine he would be pretty weak with T in the 200-250 range. He started Testim 5 days ago.

So the MD's are saying that TRT treatment with Testim will improve his spermcount better than HCG/Nolva/Arimidex because his T level is so low? Is there any reading and or sites/forums that can verify this, because it sounds strange?

When did he know that he has low testosterone. What are the symptoms he observed. Why am i asking is I am also in range 200-250 and secondary. But I lost muscle mass in 2months (12 pounds) and fat gain at abdomen area. I am not sure is it becos of low testosterone or some other reason.And also muscle weakness.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue1 View Post
    When did he know that he has low testosterone. What are the symptoms he observed. Why am i asking is I am also in range 200-250 and secondary. But I lost muscle mass in 2months (12 pounds) and fat gain at abdomen area. I am not sure is it becos of low testosterone or some other reason.And also muscle weakness.
    I just found out that the reason he went to get tested for Test was because he had lumps in his breast(gyncasta symtoms), this is why he had to get hormone bloodwork.

In November, his blood work on 11/10/2007

ALT (SGPT) 81 IU/L
    Triglycerides 150 mg/dL
    HDL cholesterol 150 mg/dL
    HDL Cholesterol 36 mg/dL

Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S T4, Free (Direct)
    Testosterone, Serum 1.24 ng/dL

Testosterone, Serum 231 ng/dL
    Estradiol 21 pg/mL

then it says at bottom:

Adult Male: Limits
    Menstrating Female
    (day of cycle relative to LH peak)

Follicular (-12) 19-83
    (-4) 64-183
    Midcycle (-1) 150-528
    Luteal (+2) 58-157
    (+6) 60-211

This is a strange case, can anyone make sense of all this.
    Also, is it common belief that Testim therapy is better for increase sperotegenisis than HCG/Nolva/Arimidex for someone with a 231 test count?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Also he is seeing a general practitioner , He should definitely get a second opinion from a endocrinologist right?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.89%

Also he is seeing a general practitioner , He should definitely get a second opinion from a endocrinologist right?
    Did he get tested for LH FSH Prolactin. I dont see those in your results.

Its good if he sees endo.

Usually HCG/Clomid is better than Testim for secondary cases
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue1 View Post
    Did he get tested for LH FSH Prolactin. I dont see those in your results.

Its good if he sees endo.

Usually HCG/Clomid is better than Testim for secondary cases

After searching these forums it seems that for sperm production HCG alone is the best protocol, or HCG/TRT. I am surprised at the number of posts about doctors who don't know there ass from there elbow about TRT and or fertility.
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

After searching these forums it seems that for sperm production HCG alone is the best protocol, or HCG/TRT. I am surprised at the number of posts about doctors who don't know there ass from there elbow about TRT and or fertility.
    He is 6-3 280 lbs, he has a strong frame could probably bench atleast 250-275 pounds, but he is somewhat fat.

His BMI=35
    Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
    Overweight = 25-29.9
    Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
    --------------------------------------------
    Hi have got one of those doctors "helping" him.

Adding testosterone (and nothing else) is a sure way to make a man infertile.

If he is seconday, using HC (in big enough dose) will make him fertile plus he will get testosterone as bonus.

---------------------------------------------
    If he have other health issues he should do good testing first no sense in speculating.

He have too much fat, he should work on that.
    If he is working out, BMI is not that good, go by body fat and waist.

Similar Forum Threads

1. testim 1%
    By purelife1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 08:40 AM
  2. testim
    By mikey00843 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 04:50 PM
  3. Testim
    By jrw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0