Blood Pressure and HRT Question

ratdog

Awards
I have had high bp for at least 20 years. I am 44 and take 4 meds for it per day. Cardio doc could not figure why so high even with all the meds. After almost 4 weeks on AndroGel, (4 pumps per day) my bp has dropped from 168/100 to 127/75, pulse is a little slower as well. Is this normal to have bp drop with hrt?

MacDonnell

Awards
I have had high bp for at least 20 years. I am 44 and take 4 meds for it per day. Cardio doc could not figure why so high even with all the meds. After almost 4 weeks on AndroGel, (4 pumps per day) my bp has dropped from 168/100 to 127/75, pulse is a little slower as well. Is this normal to have bp drop with hrt?
Wow, you're one of the lucky ones. Mine went UP...and I think this is not uncommon for a lot of guys on TRT.

beckerj

Awards
Mine did the same .... I was running very high .... And then on the Androgel after about two weeks I was within normal ....

dougfl

dougfl

Awards
My BP was 140-160 over 90-100 with medicine before TRT, now with no BP medicine it is 110 over 70. My cholesterol has also lowered to a point where I no longer need medication for that either. I think we are all different but it seems to me that most people, when they get their hormones straightened out see improvements in these areas.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My BP was 140-160 over 90-100 with medicine before TRT, now with no BP medicine it is 110 over 70. My cholesterol has also lowered to a point where I no longer need medication for that either. I think we are all different but it seems to me that most people, when they get their hormones straightened out see improvements in these areas.
Respectfully, I disagree that this is the case for most people. I think more often not, BP goes up, and good cholesterol goes down, from testosterone.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am glad that your BP is good now.

http://androgel.com/pdf/500122-500127RevDec2007_1.pdf

0051-8488-88 2 x 75 g pumps (each pump dispenses 60 metered 1.25 g doses)

So you are taking 5grams of Androgel per day.

Androgel or any other transdermal testosterone application raises DHT levels, sometime extremely.

T injections may be beter in those cases.

5grams of Androgel, often is not enough to raise blood testosterone sufficiently, 10grams is required.

Use these tests to guide theraphy.

Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Dihydrotestosterone, Free, Serum (36168X)

goals

E2 close to top (29), fine tuned by pines response observation.

BAT~575 close to the top range
DHT~75 close to the top range

BAT- BioAvailableTestosterone
==============================================

With all that said, if secondary, best would be to use HCG in high enough dose to get proper BAT more natural way.

=============================

Nemesis RR

Awards
Respectfully, I disagree that this is the case for most people. I think more often not, BP goes up, and good cholesterol goes down, from testosterone.
When test is grossly out of range. Over 1400 yes. At least what I have seen and experienced. 117-110 over 65-72 total cholesterol at 160.