My HRT lab results

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
Went to the doc last Tuesday to go over my extensive blood tests and to get my 3rd shot of testosterone ( I had 296 total testosterone, and was started on T while my blood work was pending). Here are the highlights:

He was upset that the lab did not do the DHT level, so I went back to get that on Wednesday morning.

Pregnenolone: <10 (<20-100)
Progesterone: .7 (.3-1.2)
DHEA: 340 (107-745). He said he prefers to get people to 600 or more
Cortisol: 15.8 (4-22)
Estradiol, free: 1.0 (.8-3.5)
Estradiol, serum: 21 (0-53)
PSA: 1.7 (0-4.0). Screened me to make sure doing testosterone was ok
SHBG: 26 (20-60)
IGF-1: 261 (94-252). One good result!!!!
Magnesium: 4.3 (4.2-6.8). He wants this higher
Selenium: 380 (42-1400). He also wants this higher
Zinc: 980 (1000-2000). Says this needs to really be up, especially in light of the fact my prostate is enlarged already
Vit D: 34.1 (32-100). Again, he will be treating me for this being at low end
Vitamin C: .2 (.4-2.0). I take 4 g a day, and still am way low. He is giving it to me in a different form, buffered, and also some that is fat soluble.
Vitamin B1 and B12 were both high, which he said was fine.
Insulin: 3.2 (0-29). He said this was fine.

The two really bad results, and I am glad these test were done:

C-Reactive Protein: 4.91 (0-1.0) Inflammation, and a indicator of cardiac risk
Fibrinogen: 474 (193-423) High, and indicative of a possible blood clotting risk

So I also had Homocysteine tested on Wednesday (another heart factor).

Based on my results, he is having me come a few times for IV of minerals, and injections of Vitamin D. After an initial period of IV's I will transition to oral for the minerals and Vitamin D.

I had my thyroid tested about two months ago and had these results:

TSH 3.129 (.35-5.50)

Triiodothyronine (is this T3?): 2.9 (2.3-4.2)

T4, Free (Direct): 1.31 (.61-1.76)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Went to the doc last Tuesday to go over my extensive blood tests and to get my 3rd shot of testosterone ( I had 296 total testosterone, and was started on T while my blood work was pending). Here are the highlights:

He was upset that the lab did not do the DHT level, so I went back to get that on Wednesday morning.

Pregnenolone: <10 (<20-100)
Progesterone: .7 (.3-1.2)
DHEA: 340 (107-745). He said he prefers to get people to 600 or more
Cortisol: 15.8 (4-22)
Estradiol, free: 1.0 (.8-3.5)
Estradiol, serum: 21 (0-53)
PSA: 1.7 (0-4.0). Screened me to make sure doing testosterone was ok
IGF-1: 261 (94-252). One good result!!!!
Magnesium: 4.3 (4.2-6.8). He wants this higher
Selenium: 380 (42-1400). He also wants this higher
Zinc: 980 (1000-2000). Says this needs to really be up, especially in light of the fact my prostate is enlarged already
Vit D: 34.1 (32-100). Again, he will be treating me for this being at low end
Vitamin C: .2 (.4-2.0). I take 4 g a day, and still am way low. He is giving it to me in a different form, buffered, and also some that is fat soluble.
Vitamin B1 and B12 were both high, which he said was fine.
Insulin: 3.2 (0-29). He said this was fine.

The two really bad results, and I am glad these test were done:

C-Reactive Protein: 4.91 (0-1.0) Inflammation, and a indicator of cardiac risk
Fibrinogen: 474 (193-423) High, and indicative of a possible blood clotting risk

So I also had Homocysteine tested on Wednesday (another heart factor).

Based on my results, he is having me come a few times for IV of minerals, and injections of Vitamin D. After an initial period of IV's I will transition to oral for the minerals and Vitamin D.

I had my thyroid tested about two months ago and had these results:

TSH 3.129 (.35-5.50)

T4, Free (Direct): 1.31 (.61-1.76)
Stick to this thread, it will be easier to keep everything in one place.

Estradiol, free: 1.0
what lab did the testing?
Ask your doc how he look at this indicator and what numbers are good in his opinion.

Why he did not order any testosterone tests?
Why are you on supplemental testosterone, are you confirmed primary?
The fact that you are low may mean that your testis are good but are not getting signals to make them work, important distinction.
What is your pree TRT LH, FSH & prolactin?
Good that you will have your micro-nutrients replenished.

looks like a little low FreeT3

=(4.2-2.9)/(4.2-2.3)=.68
Measure your body temp when you wake up, before you get out of bed, post it.
============================================

CRP, Fibrinogen, homocysteine

post what your doc will do for you in this regard (I have personal intrest in that info).

Read Blood Clot Prevention
Battling a Dangerous Condition

http://www.lef.org/protocols/heart_circulatory/blood_clot_01.htm

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
If you are getting these mineral imbalance in the blood then your tissue levels must be in the gutter or you have a severe malabsorption issue such as celiac or inflammation in your intestinal tract. I would check RBC fatty acids to examine the AA/EPA ratio to see why your body is infmammed. TO me it sounds like you have intestinal issues going on more then anything that needs to investigated. Leaky gut, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, colitis, is probably at root cause.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
No symptoms that I know of in my gut. No indigestion, no food allergies, nothing.

My total test is 296, my bioavailable is 160

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
If you are getting these mineral imbalance in the blood then your tissue levels must be in the gutter or you have a severe malabsorption issue such as celiac or inflammation in your intestinal tract. I would check RBC fatty acids to examine the AA/EPA ratio to see why your body is infmammed. TO me it sounds like you have intestinal issues going on more then anything that needs to investigated. Leaky gut, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, colitis, is probably at root cause.
Possibly lack if gastric acids, probiotics and digestive enzymes.

There is probably about 10 different nutritional tests that he should do.

This is interesting case.
Wish he posts on his progress.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
Malabsorption issues are supposed to result in weight loss, I am a fat bastard! lol

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
On the thyroid, doc says T3 is a little low, but thinks getting the nutrients and hormones in line a little better might raise the T3. If not, he will treat later on.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
I plugged in my serum T, albumen, and SHBG numbers on an online biovailable T calculator and came up with 52% available, is that a decent percentage?

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
I started on a prescription today and it made me feel a little weird. 5 HTP/carbidopa. I felt a little hot and somewhat sleepy from it. I wonder what it's for? I will ask the doc tomorrow when I go.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I plugged in my serum T, albumen, and SHBG numbers on an online biovailable T calculator and came up with 52% available, is that a decent percentage?
BioAvailable calculator does not work well, do not use it.

FreeT pat works good.

Post all your blood tests.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
Here are my neuros from a urine test. Jansz, I am gman on another forum. I wanted to get to a more neutral forum to bounce things off of people.

Epinephrine: 9.3 (8-12).
Norepinephrine: 19.9 (35-50) LOW
Dopamine: 160.8 (110-175)
Seratonin: 88.0 (150-200) LOW
GABA: 4.1 (1.5-4.0) HIGH
Glutamine: 330.4 (150-400)
Glutamate: 24.1 (10-35)
PEA: 413.6 (175-460)
Taurine: 313 (150-550)
Glycine: 245 (200-400)

I believe he put me on the 5-HTP/Carbidopa to get my seratonin up, I could be misremembering.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Here are my neuros from a urine test. Jansz, I am gman on another forum. I wanted to get to a more neutral forum to bounce things off of people.

Epinephrine: 9.3 (8-12).
Norepinephrine: 19.9 (35-50) LOW
Dopamine: 160.8 (110-175)
Seratonin: 88.0 (150-200) LOW
GABA: 4.1 (1.5-4.0) HIGH
Glutamine: 330.4 (150-400)
Glutamate: 24.1 (10-35)
PEA: 413.6 (175-460)
Taurine: 313 (150-550)
Glycine: 245 (200-400)

I believe he put me on the 5-HTP/Carbidopa to get my seratonin up, I could be misremembering.
You have done questionable test.

Consider the NutrEval test.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
I told my doc what Dr John said, that the only way to do neurotransmitter tests was a brain biopsy, and he basically said Dr John was full of ****.

My doc is pretty progressive with alternative medicine, etc, so he is not an "establishment" kind of guy, so I trust him so far.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I told my doc what Dr John said, that the only way to do neurotransmitter tests was a brain biopsy, and he basically said Dr John was full of ****.

My doc is pretty progressive with alternative medicine, etc, so he is not an "establishment" kind of guy, so I trust him so far.
Ask him about the indirect way that Genova is testing neurotransmitters.

You can see one example on LeanGuy paralel thread.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/94130-genova-metabolic-results.html

As you can see the report comes with interpretation and possible remedies.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
I am confused now. I got my DHT and homocysteine labs back finally, and when my doctor's assistant gave me copies, she also attached my shbg test with free estradiol.

Anyway, in my O/P, I was told my estradiol was ok. On this latest test I got the following:

Serum estradiol: 4.8 (.8-3.5)
Free estradiol %: 4.5 (1.7-5.4)
Serum free estradiol: 2.2 (.2-1.5)

Anyway, my DHT came back slightly high: 90 (30-85). Dr said not a big deal in his opinion unless it got to be over 100

And my homoscysteine was fine!: 9.6 (0-15.0)

Is there a correlation between high dht and high estradiol?

I thought DHT was an anti estrogen factor, so it seems my estradiol should be low if my dht is high.

Apparently it is common for men to convert the testosterone into DHT and estradiol, from what I have read. It appears I am one of them. Seems also to imply that my body is making enough T, but it is going into DHT and estradiol instead.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am confused now. I got my DHT and homocysteine labs back finally, and when my doctor's assistant gave me copies, she also attached my shbg test with free estradiol.

Anyway, in my O/P, I was told my estradiol was ok. On this latest test I got the following:

Anyway, my DHT came back slightly high: 90 (30-85). Dr said not a big deal in his opinion unless it got to be over 100

I thought DHT was an anti estrogen factor, so it seems my estradiol should be low if my dht is high.

Apparently it is common for men to convert the testosterone into DHT and estradiol, from what I have read. It appears I am one of them. Seems also to imply that my body is making enough T, but it is going into DHT and estradiol instead.
I am confused about reasons for this set of testing, but

homoscysteine ok
SHBG ok
DHT ok

What lab did the esradiol test?

It looks slightly over the top.

Well you have a three numbers to choose from, two of them are over the top.

I would look mostly at (Serum free estradiol)

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
The DHT was left out by the lab when I had all the tests done at the beginning. The dr had me get that, and the homocysteine was done because my CRP and fibrinogen levels were so high in the original tests.

I need to call dr office tomorrow because I was told my estradiol was normal. I think it was drawn in a separate test in the original post testing. I think it was also included in the SHBG test too. It was normal in one test and high in the other!?!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
The DHT was left out by the lab when I had all the tests done at the beginning. The dr had me get that, and the homocysteine was done because my CRP and fibrinogen levels were so high in the original tests.

I need to call dr office tomorrow because I was told my estradiol was normal. I think it was drawn in a separate test in the original post testing. I think it was also included in the SHBG test too. It was normal in one test and high in the other!?!
If you do not mind, let me know what you doc will tell you to do to lower fibrinogen.

Mine is also high.
Fibrinogen=468(175-425) mg/dL
CRP=0.7(< 0.8) mg/dL

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
He said it is not something they know how to lower, but he does have me taking supplements for heart and circulation health, including antiinflammatory. Here is a list of my current regimen. I am going to have to get a part time job to afford to keep taking the stuff! I have bolded the heart ones.

Perque Life Guard: 2 tabs twice a day.
LEF DHEA: 25 mg per day
CLA: 1g twice a day
LEF Pregnenolone: 100 mg a day
LEF Ascorbyl palmitate: 2 a day
Vitamin C buffered powder: 3 half tsp a day
LEF Melatonin time release: 3 mg a night
COQ10: 200 mg once a day
LEF R-Lipoic Acid- 1 capsule twice a day
LEF Super curcumin: 2 a day with food
LEF Herbal Cardiovascular formula: 1 a day with food
Fish Oil: 3 3x a day

Testosterone cream: 30mg T/ 5 mg progest, once daily

5HTP/Carbidopa: 2 a day.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
He said it is not something they know how to lower, but he does have me taking supplements for heart and circulation health, including antiinflammatory. Here is a list of my current regimen. I am going to have to get a part time job to afford to keep taking the stuff! I have bolded the heart ones.

Perque Life Guard: 2 tabs twice a day.
LEF DHEA: 25 mg per day
CLA: 1g twice a day
LEF Pregnenolone: 100 mg a day
LEF Ascorbyl palmitate: 2 a day
Vitamin C buffered powder: 3 half tsp a day
LEF Melatonin time release: 3 mg a night
COQ10: 200 mg once a day
LEF R-Lipoic Acid- 1 capsule twice a day
LEF Super curcumin: 2 a day with food
LEF Herbal Cardiovascular formula: 1 a day with food
Fish Oil: 3 3x a day

Testosterone cream: 30mg T/ 5 mg progest, once daily

5HTP/Carbidopa: 2 a day.
Le Magazine, May 2006 - As We See It: Hidden Cardiac Risk Factors

summary:

fish oil dose 3000mg or more
olive oil
niacin
Vit A
TMG
B12
B6
ViT C
fibric acid class of drugs (especially fenofibrate)
aspirin
green tea
ginkgo
garlic
vitamin E
pentoxifylline
Plavix
--------------------------------------------------------

well I am trying just about everything on above list except enofibrate and my fibrinogen is high, worst, it is going up.

shlong

shlong

Awards

Apparently your Dr. does'nt have you on any Anti-arom- your E's all are high and if not changed soon you will encounter other related symptoms/complications. How much T a week is he giving you? you should be a 500- 750 and what type of E inhibition protocol is he suggesting?
If your test stayed test less would be aromatizing into excessive
poisons that unchanged will cause prostate aggravation at some
point, he must know this ,besides increasing aromatase via excessive water retention leading to belly fat (aromatases home)
will start a domino effect and possibbly some insulin resistence.
Oh DHT only competes with other aromatisable compounds for the same enzyme, DHT will not convert to estro- but will onlyslow other
testosterones from converting -not stop them.