Androgel absorbs best where?

ratdog

Awards
I called the makers of AndroGel to ask where was the Best site to apply the gel for best results. All they could tell me was they recommend the shoulder, upper arms, and abdomin.
My question, will I get better results with shoulder and upper arms since they have very little fat under the skin or will it work better applied to my fat little belly? I have been using the gel after shower around 8:00 pm each day, would my energy level be better in the daytime if I used it in the morning? Thanks for your help

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
When I was using the Androgel I noticed a slight increase in energy but at the same time I could apply it just before bed and didn't have a problem sleeping.

Here's what Dr. Crisler says about the application of Androgel:

HOW TO APPLY TESTOSTERONE GEL

Squeeze all of the gel from the foil packet, the tube, or the number of pumps if using the pump bottle, into a cupped palm. Gently press your two palms together. When you separate your hands, you will have very nearly half of the gel on each palm. Do not rub your hands together. Try to keep the gel on the palms, instead of getting between the fingers. Then simply cross your arms, wiping the gel over your shoulders and upper arms. Thus apply most of it across your upper arms and shoulders. Absolutely avoid the area where they draw the blood from. Finish off by wiping what is left down your FLANKS (sides of your abdomen—not the middle). Then thoroughly wash your hands. Once you have washed them, there is no worry whatsoever about accidental transferal to others, as there is none left on the surface to transfer. Studies have shown this, and also that merely putting on a T-shirt to cover the exposed areas will do the same for the rest of you. If you had to, you could shower in an hour or so, without appreciable loss of testosterone delivery, as the gel soaks into the skin, and the skin acts as the actual reservoir for dispensation of the drug. You wouldn’t want to do this all the time, but swimming or showering in a pinch can be done. It's still a good idea to take a quick shower before engaging in intimacy.

For maximum effect, apply the gel within 3 minutes of showering.

You want a delay of at least two hours after application before drawing labs.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
I have been using the gel after shower around 8:00 pm each day, would my energy level be better in the daytime if I used it in the morning? Thanks for your help
FWIW, per my doc (Shippen), I use at in the morning around 7:00 am after shower (I actually use a compounded cream). Apparently the body's T-levels are highest early AM so this best mimics body's natural peak. It's OK to sweat around 10:00am when I work out and the AM dose definitely helps my workout & energy level.

I do both inner arms and top of shoulders. Because I use fingers to rub it in and end up washing some off when I wash my hands, I use a little more than recommended dose to compensate for waste.

Some have mentioned that, after things stabilize, it's best to go 2x a day split dose because early morning and evening doses best mimic body's own rhthym. In my situation, I'd worry about transfer with the evening dose.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I called the makers of AndroGel to ask where was the Best site to apply the gel for best results. All they could tell me was they recommend the shoulder, upper arms, and abdomin.
My question, will I get better results with shoulder and upper arms since they have very little fat under the skin or will it work better applied to my fat little belly? I have been using the gel after shower around 8:00 pm each day, would my energy level be better in the daytime if I used it in the morning? Thanks for your help

Androgel is probably the best in getting into your system, out of any other transdermal delivery systems.
I would put it anywhere (except scrotum area), it goes in quickly, dries quickly.
Dry skin, wet skin, no difference. Two days in a row with out shower, if you have to, no problem.

One big deal about Androgel, use it in very smal portions.
It flows between fingers down on the floor without you knowing about it.
That is probably the biggest problem.

I applied it in my bathoom.
Carpets removed, tiled floor not cleaned for days.
Look at the floor, if you see white spots on the floor, that is Androgel.
Reduce portions, be more carefull, until floor is clean.

My floor have a solid, shiny dark tiles, easy to see dried up drips.
If it is hard to see drips on your floor, just be very very careful in your application.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I was using Androgel for couple of years.
My problem is very high DHT level while on Transdermal delivery (I had same situation while on T-cream)

I do not buy into not worrying about high DHT story.

AFAIK, dr John does not test for DHT, I guess to avoid conversation about it.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I use past knowledge of transdermal prohormones/anti-estrogen to apply transdermals. I always put it on the neck/upper chest/under arms (thin skin areas).

RockyD

Awards
Don't laff....I applied ANDROGEL on my feet one time after a shower...never again!
[I heard that the skin on your feet is full of blood vessels and is very thin / good for absorbtion]

Yes, I felt it hit my system bigtime within a 1/2 hour but also I broke out in zits all over my chest by the end of the day. No joke. I think too much was absorbed at once.
I know I could feel the difference too...it was amazing the difference!
Just stick with what others said. Your upper arms/back/shoulders.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Don't laff....I applied ANDROGEL on my feet one time after a shower...never again!
[I heard that the skin on your feet is full of blood vessels and is very thin / good for absorbtion]

Yes, I felt it hit my system bigtime within a 1/2 hour but also I broke out in zits all over my chest by the end of the day. No joke. I think too much was absorbed at once.
I know I could feel the difference too...it was amazing the difference!
Just stick with what others said. Your upper arms/back/shoulders.
Sounds like an awesome place to put it!