People for antiaging are all barking up the wrong tree

  1. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    People for antiaging are all barking up the wrong tree


    Alot of people just think that TRT is going to make you young. To a point they are correct, but it is only one part of the equation to the anti aging model. The other parts that people forget are immune system, central nervous system, DNA, enzyme, nutrients. Let look at a simple equation? What is metabolism

    (nutrients)
    x------------------>y
    !
    !
    (enzymes)
    !
    !
    (DNA)

    Ok with in DNA we need to look at the telemeres which are really the determining factor of how old you really are. They are like rings in the trees, but with in humans they are coils that are lengthed or shorten. By measuring the length of the telemeres one can establish how old they truely are at the celllular level.

    Another aspect we have to consider is controlling ROS and glycination (rusting of the cells) through proper maintaning enymatic reaction and keeping nutrient and detoxifcation pathways working optimally. For all those drs that think h1ac <6 is healthy think again. It has been shown that when ones h1ac levels go above five that there is increase of glyconation in the cell and excess free radicals are given off. It only makes sense that these free radicals commonly assocaited with diabtes are the main cause of reprocussions of diabetes.

    Keeping the immune system strong is also an over looked factor of hormones and interaction of prostaglandins which drive the formation of your inflammatory factors such as AA and PGE2.

    So inorder to fully have all the benefits of anti aging one needs to examine the cellular matrix, hormones, immune system, CNS. Addressing only bits and pieces of these areas only is going to give partial relieve of symptoms.

  2. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    301

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Alot of people just think that TRT is going to make you young. To a point they are correct, but it is only one part of the equation to the anti aging model. The other parts that people forget are immune system, central nervous system, DNA, enzyme, nutrients. Let look at a simple equation? What is metabolism

    (nutrients)
    x------------------>y
    !
    !
    (enzymes)
    !
    !
    (DNA)

    Ok with in DNA we need to look at the telemeres which are really the determining factor of how old you really are. They are like rings in the trees, but with in humans they are coils that are lengthed or shorten. By measuring the length of the telemeres one can establish how old they truely are at the celllular level.

    Another aspect we have to consider is controlling ROS and glycination (rusting of the cells) through proper maintaning enymatic reaction and keeping nutrient and detoxifcation pathways working optimally. For all those drs that think h1ac <6 is healthy think again. It has been shown that when ones h1ac levels go above five that there is increase of glyconation in the cell and excess free radicals are given off. It only makes sense that these free radicals commonly assocaited with diabtes are the main cause of reprocussions of diabetes.

    Keeping the immune system strong is also an over looked factor of hormones and interaction of prostaglandins which drive the formation of your inflammatory factors such as AA and PGE2.

    So inorder to fully have all the benefits of anti aging one needs to examine the cellular matrix, hormones, immune system, CNS. Addressing only bits and pieces of these areas only is going to give partial relieve of symptoms.


    Is it really that they are "barking up the wrong tree" or that all of this newish knowledge hasn't yet yielded any practical measures or treatments?
  3. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Is it really that they are "barking up the wrong tree" or that all of this newish knowledge hasn't yet yielded any practical measures or treatments?
    This knowledge is not new. My doctor educated me on this during our first visit. The treatment is a combination of diet, exercise and supplementation including HRT.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    301

    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    This knowledge is not new. My doctor educated me on this during our first visit. The treatment is a combination of diet, exercise and supplementation including HRT.
    Hence, I called it "newish" - not ancient, but not leading-edge.
  5. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Hence, I called it "newish" - not ancient, but not leading-edge.
    leading edge is the ability to measure the telemeres and to see how diet, HRT, and lifestyle changes, can alter them. Measuring telemers will enable us to track cellular if the changes that we are intiated are really doing there job refering to cellular aging. I was just at conference of antiaging and then had an machine that meaured your cellular gradient and hydration. The practioner was completely baffled that it was showing my cellular age was 20 and I am in my mid 30's. They ran it again just to make sure that is was accurate and it was. I told him in the last 6 months I made radical changes to my diet, supplementation, nutrient ratios based upon research I have found. The transformation have been marculous. People that have not seen me in 5 -10 year did not even recomgnize me. Hormonally nothing changed, it was change of lifestyle and nutrition. MY girlfreind could not even get over the difference once we compared the pictures. It was night and day !! I am also working on jumpstarting testosterone through a differnt means as well that is natural and does not cost hardly anything. I will keep you updated. I am going to be trying it on one cleint that has low LH and I will report back on results..
  6. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    leading edge is the ability to measure the telemeres and to see how diet, HRT, and lifestyle changes, can alter them. Measuring telemers will enable us to track cellular if the changes that we are intiated are really doing there job refering to cellular aging. I was just at conference of antiaging and then had an machine that meaured your cellular gradient and hydration. The practioner was completely baffled that it was showing my cellular age was 20 and I am in my mid 30's. They ran it again just to make sure that is was accurate and it was. I told him in the last 6 months I made radical changes to my diet, supplementation, nutrient ratios based upon research I have found. The transformation have been marculous. People that have not seen me in 5 -10 year did not even recomgnize me. Hormonally nothing changed, it was change of lifestyle and nutrition. MY girlfreind could not even get over the difference once we compared the pictures. It was night and day !! I am also working on jumpstarting testosterone through a differnt means as well that is natural and does not cost hardly anything. I will keep you updated. I am going to be trying it on one cleint that has low LH and I will report back on results..
    Congratulations on your cellular age. I spent 8 months trying to jump start my LH through diet and herbal supplements without much luck. The supplements gave some results but also increased estrogen substantially. At your age you could have better luck.
  7. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    Congratulations on your cellular age. I spent 8 months trying to jump start my LH through diet and herbal supplements without much luck. The supplements gave some results but also increased estrogen substantially. At your age you could have better luck.
    If i am feeling and looking this good why would I stop TRT and see if I can restart my self. I have seen people try this and it was nothing but another year getting back to where they where before. If a person has not been on TRT and has a low LH then it may be worth a shot to give it a try other wise I would never recommend stopping what is working. If it aint broke don't fix it
  8. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    If i am feeling and looking this good why would I stop TRT and see if I can restart my self. I have seen people try this and it was nothing but another year getting back to where they where before. If a person has not been on TRT and has a low LH then it may be worth a shot to give it a try other wise I would never recommend stopping what is working. If it aint broke don't fix it
    Why should it matter if a person has been on TRT or not? I was on testosterone therapy for a year. Two years ago my current doctor thought my problem could be low LH, and he was right. I was able to establish high levels of testosterone on HCG alone. I haven't used testosterone since and don't miss it. For me it was worth a try to see if I could naturally stimulate LH levels. I'm sure you understand my motivation.
  9. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    Why should it matter if a person has been on TRT or not? I was on testosterone therapy for a year. Two years ago my current doctor thought my problem could be low LH, and he was right. I was able to establish high levels of testosterone on HCG alone. I haven't used testosterone since and don't miss it. For me it was worth a try to see if I could naturally stimulate LH levels. I'm sure you understand my motivation.
    My pre-TRT
    LH=5.7(1.5- 9.3)
    FSH not measured
    Prolactin=7.2(2.1-17.7)
    TotalT=311
    E2=24(0-52)

    other test TT=255(241-827)

    What odds would you give me if I try to raise TT by using high dose of HCG.

    .
    .
  10. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    301

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    My pre-TRT
    LH=5.7(1.5- 9.3)
    FSH not measured
    Prolactin=7.2(2.1-17.7)
    TotalT=311
    E2=24(0-52)

    other test TT=255(241-827)

    What odds would you give me if I try to raise TT by using high dose of HCG.

    .
    .

    It looks like you're primary - it probably wouldn't work.
  11. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    My pre-TRT
    LH=5.7(1.5- 9.3)
    FSH not measured
    Prolactin=7.2(2.1-17.7)
    TotalT=311
    E2=24(0-52)

    other test TT=255(241-827)

    What odds would you give me if I try to raise TT by using high dose of HCG.

    .
    .

    I don't know. My LH was only 3.9. My total T was 475 - E2 was 16. I don't recall Free T. When I tried to restart my HPTA my doc was looking for a minimum LH of 5.3. I suppose that means you're primary.
  12. Registered User
    anyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    289

    If it ain't broke???


    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    If i am feeling and looking this good why would I stop TRT and see if I can restart my self...... If it aint broke don't fix it
    Some need TRT precisely becase "it" is indeed broken. Who would want it otherwise?

    If a lifetime of dependence and medication can be avoided who wouldn't get off something as un-natural as artificial hormone replacement? I do it because I have not yet discovered how to fix what ails me, but I have not given up, nor will I. If there is a way to avoid shots, pills and endless blood tests I sure as hell want to find it.
  13. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by anyman View Post
    Some need TRT precisely becase "it" is indeed broken. Who would want it otherwise?

    If a lifetime of dependence and medication can be avoided who wouldn't get off something as un-natural as artificial hormone replacement? I do it because I have not yet discovered how to fix what ails me, but I have not given up, nor will I. If there is a way to avoid shots, pills and endless blood tests I sure as hell want to find it.
    I am right in beginning of stages of clinical testing of a product that is suppose to stimulate LH. Reports have been very good for drs, but with anything I want to see before and after blood tests so I have 2 guys mid 20's that do not want to go on TRT and were willing to try it for 6-8 weeks to see if they get a response from it. if the blood work shows improvement with no other variables then we may be on to something. With any new product I am very skeptical about it untill blood work shows any different.
  14. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Rep Power
    670

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I am right in beginning of stages of clinical testing of a product that is suppose to stimulate LH. Reports have been very good for drs, but with anything I want to see before and after blood tests so I have 2 guys mid 20's that do not want to go on TRT and were willing to try it for 6-8 weeks to see if they get a response from it. if the blood work shows improvement with no other variables then we may be on to something. With any new product I am very skeptical about it untill blood work shows any different.
    Is this a new product or something that's been available? If it's available can you tell us what it is? I like this approach. Pfizer developed a drug in pill form called Capromorelin Capromorelin Anti-Aging Drug by Pfizer that works in the same way for HGH. Unfortunately the FDA doesn't consider aging a disease and won't pass it.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Understanding AntiAging Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 08:04 PM
  2. WTF is wrong with people?!!!!!!
    By gymaddict20 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
  3. Wtf is wrong with people?
    By CryingEmo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 05:13 PM
  4. what the HELL is wrong with people
    By Kristopher in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in