Endo or Urologist?

datamon

Awards
Guys --

Some guys go to an Endo for TRT and some go to a urologist. Any advantages of one over the other?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think urologists have a better track record, plus they deal with fertility issues as well. You're more likely to get various treatment options with a urologist whereas I think most endo's are quick to just pass you androgel.

In the end, I think the doctor who is the most willing to work with you and is very open with you and listen to you, is going to be your best match.

Mbmartin

Mbmartin

Awards
Even though it seems kind of ass-backwards, I too have found urologists to be more competent practitioners of medicine.

Endocrinologists might have more knowledge, but they have their heads so far up their asses they're pretty much useless.

This is simply my opinion (duh) after seeing 35+ doctors.

retort50ml

Awards
My experience when I first started the HRT/TRT process was exactly the opposite. It really depends on the individual Dr. and his feelings on HRT/TRT. My Uro. would have given me the T shots without question, but when it came to a comprehensive HRT/TRT plan with HCG, AI etc. my Endo. saw the big picture.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
My experience when I first started the HRT/TRT process was exactly the opposite. It really depends on the individual Dr. and his feelings on HRT/TRT. My Uro. would have given me the T shots without question, but when it came to a comprehensive HRT/TRT plan with HCG, AI etc. my Endo. saw the big picture.
Explain your situation and your endo's approach.
As much details as you can.
Thank you.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I think urologists have a better track record, plus they deal with fertility issues as well. You're more likely to get various treatment options with a urologist whereas I think most endo's are quick to just pass you androgel.

In the end, I think the doctor who is the most willing to work with you and is very open with you and listen to you, is going to be your best match.

I haven't seen a uro for hormone issues, but for other things. I have seen two - one I liked and one I didn't like. But both seemed unusually bright. This causes me to wonder if it isn't a specialty that tends to attract the best of the best.