Lab Results High DHT

scarrylarry3

Awards
I have been reading this post now for several weeks. Thanks to everyone for all of the great information.

I have my first follow up labs since starting HRT and wanted opinions on my numbers.

I am taking 100 T cyp per week, .25 armidex EOD, and 500 i.u. 2 x week.

My labs were;

Total test 37.1 nmol/L
SHBG 19.3 nmol/L
DHT 704.2 pg/mL (this is high)
E2 20.0 pg/ml
DHEA-S 297.0 ug/dl

I am concerned about the higher than normal level of DHT and effects on prostate and sexual function. The quality of my wood is inconsistent with some days being exceptional and other days feeling rather discouraged. Any shared experiences that have produced success at controling DHT and gaining consistency would be appreciated. Thanks to all!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading this post now for several weeks. Thanks to everyone for all of the great information.

I have my first follow up labs since starting HRT and wanted opinions on my numbers.

I am taking 100 T cyp per week, .25 armidex EOD, and 500 i.u. 2 x week.

My labs were;

Total test 37.1 nmol/L
SHBG 19.3 nmol/L
DHT 704.2 pg/mL (this is high)
E2 20.0 pg/ml
DHEA-S 297.0 ug/dl

I am concerned about the higher than normal level of DHT and effects on prostate and sexual function. The quality of my wood is inconsistent with some days being exceptional and other days feeling rather discouraged. Any shared experiences that have produced success at controling DHT and gaining consistency would be appreciated. Thanks to all!
Total test =37.1 nmol/L=1069ng/dL
SHBG =19.3 nmol/L

FreeT=330

I suggest to ease on Arimidex, change from EOD to E3D
----------------------------------
Better would be to increase T & hcg frequency.
Myself I am using EOD schedule, hcg=500iu each shot.

100mg/week, 200mg/mL testosterone
100/7*2/200=0.143cc=0.143mL=~14.5units on insuline syringe

one day T shot
next day 500iu
-----------------------------------
Blood draw 48hrs after T shot.

What was your TotalT and LH before starting on TRT?
When posting test results, post name, value, units, range
Do not use finateride, duosteride, Proscar, Propecia, Avodart, any other 5ar inhibitors.

scarrylarry3

Awards
Thanks for the reply JanSz! To answer your question, my doctor told me my Total T was 360 ng/dL which he indicated was low normal. My LH was 3 miu/mL (range 1 - 10 miu/mL).

I had a bout of prostatitis prior to learning of my low T level. After reading this forum, I am wondering whether I should have tried to raise my levels using other methods mentioned on this post first before starting HRT.

I figure second guessing life long decisions is not unusual.

By the way, my doctor gave me Avodart and I took it for about 1 month and quit. Too afraid of side affects. Not sure if Saw Plametto works or not so if you have any comments, I appreciate the feedback.

Also, how did you figure Free T in your reply?

I will try the E3D like you mentioned and see how I feel. How long would you expect before I would detect a change?

Thank you!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Naturally DHT can be controlled with certain OTC things.
1. Proper EFA ratio
2. saw palmento
3 pygeum
4 TD pregnenolone cream

My suggestion lower testosterone to 6-700 range on your trough and this should lower your DHT. Lowering the DHT will increase your free estrogen levels so that e2 of 20 may be good to keep at. Once you get out of comfort zone your bio and free test will take the brunt.

scarrylarry3

Awards
Sorry Matrix, not too good with the acronyms yet, what is EFA? What is trough? What do you mean by your last sentence. What is "confort zone" and what is the difference between bio and free test? Thanks for your help.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply JanSz! To answer your question, my doctor told me my Total T was 360 ng/dL which he indicated was low normal. My LH was 3 miu/mL (range 1 - 10 miu/mL).

I had a bout of prostatitis prior to learning of my low T level. After reading this forum, I am wondering whether I should have tried to raise my levels using other methods mentioned on this post first before starting HRT.

I figure second guessing life long decisions is not unusual.

By the way, my doctor gave me Avodart and I took it for about 1 month and quit. Too afraid of side affects. Not sure if Saw Plametto works or not so if you have any comments, I appreciate the feedback.

Also, how did you figure Free T in your reply?

I will try the E3D like you mentioned and see how I feel. How long would you expect before I would detect a change?

Thank you!
What is your history of high DHT, how it came about.
Often it is result of using transdermal testosterone.

The Matrix may be into something.
EFA-Essential fatty acids
Do
Essential Metabolic & Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA)
Genova Diagnostics

http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/files/profile_assets/sample_report/EMFA_report.pdf

Make required corrections.
Correction, Arimidex, first stop using it for 2 -3 weeks then resume at E3D dosing. Or use Phils wood-meter method, may even be better way to time re-entry point of Arimidex.

To calculate your FreeT I used

Total test 37.1 nmol/L

units converter
Conventional units - SI units

TT=1069.15ng/dL

Then FreeT calculator
Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator

do not use the BAT portion, does not give proper results.

I like FreeT at 300, I think yours is about right, it is hard and unnecessary to look for pinpont number accuracy, +- 10% should be about right.
===========================================

Prostatitis,
I have heard one theory, that it is type of yeast/candida or similar infection.

You may want to treat it in similar way.
Few pills of Diflucan (Fluconazole) is not going to make a big difference, but may even help.

The other theory, in similar vein, use lots of good enzymes and probiotics.

It is tough to get rid of prostatitis.

If you are in Italy or in Europe, try Meparticin, not available in USA but worth a try.
============================================

scarrylarry3

Awards
Not sure how high DHT came about. I have never done any transdermals before, just the shots that were prescribed due to low T. I have never done any type of steroids or boosters, etc. Maybe I am converting too much?

Not sure but I believe prostatitis symptoms were related to low T if that is possible. I had also been experiencing significant night sweats causing me to have to change clothes at night.

I am in Illinois so I can get access to the tests you have recommended.

Also, if I understand the wood meter method, I go off of Arimidex until I start to see good nocturnal wood and then start the Arimidex at E3D?

Thanks