My LH, FSH, prolactin, and estrogen results

p0fell0w

p0fell0w

Awards
what does these amounts mean for a 25 year old.. he is sending me to a endo now for my testostorne that came back 309

LH 1.9
FSH 3.6
Prolactin 8.9
Estrogens 31pg/ml

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
what does these amounts mean for a 25 year old.. he is sending me to a endo now for my testostorne that came back 309

LH 1.9
FSH 3.6
Prolactin 8.9
Estrogens 31pg/ml
Next time post ranges and name of laboratory.

309 is low in any book.
LH 1.9, assume at first that you are secondary
I suggest that you start with HCG only, at first.
If that would work, you will be ahead of the game.

You want to figure out largest possible dose of HCG that would not increase overly your estrodial.
Ideally you want to have E2 little below 29
while not using more than 2mg Arimidex a week, better if 1mg/week only.
That dose is somewhere around (1800 - 3500)iu/week
Need experimentation to figure it out.

Try
1000iu EOD (every other day) ----> 1000*7/2=3500iu/week
measure your T, E2 & DHT

use these tests at Quest Diagnostics.

Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Estrogens, Fractionated, LC/MS/MS (36742X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Dihydrotestosterone, Free, Serum (36168X)

Test every 6 weeks until you find where you are.

You may want to start with 750iu/shot, have to start somewhere and then keep adjusting.

After you good with HCG, you will see if you have enough of your own testosterone, if not, add T shots.

Goal is to have
BAT from 3/4 to a top of range
range (110-575)
you want to be no less than

110+3/4(575-110)=~460
and no more than 575

p0fell0w

p0fell0w

Awards
Next time post ranges and name of laboratory.

309 is low in any book.
LH 1.9, assume at first that you are secondary
I suggest that you start with HCG only, at first.
If that would work, you will be ahead of the game.

You want to figure out largest possible dose of HCG that would not increase overly your estrodial.
Ideally you want to have E2 little below 29
while not using more than 2mg Arimidex a week, better if 1mg/week only.
That dose is somewhere around (1800 - 3500)iu/week
Need experimentation to figure it out.

Try
1000iu EOD (every other day) ----> 1000*7/2=3500iu/week
measure your T, E2 & DHT

use these tests at Quest Diagnostics.

Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Estrogens, Fractionated, LC/MS/MS (36742X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Dihydrotestosterone, Free, Serum (36168X)

Test every 6 weeks until you find where you are.

You may want to start with 750iu/shot, have to start somewhere and then keep adjusting.

After you good with HCG, you will see if you have enough of your own testosterone, if not, add T shots.

Goal is to have
BAT from 3/4 to a top of range
range (110-575)
you want to be no less than

110+3/4(575-110)=~460
and no more than 575

thanks for the info. the urgloist is sending me to a endo.. i dont think i had a good doctor b/c he was ready to write me a prescrib for testostrone and i told him i wanted to know what was wrong with me and just putting that in my system would be covering up whats really wrong

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info. the urgloist is sending me to a endo.. i dont think i had a good doctor b/c he was ready to write me a prescrib for testostrone and i told him i wanted to know what was wrong with me and just putting that in my system would be covering up whats really wrong
Do not knock down you doc.
The info is new, most do not know about it or are screwed up by big pharma salesmen feeding them info, with $$ objectives as a first priority.
If your doc is willing to give you scripts for any testing and any medicine that you need, keep him.
You are going to be ahead of most guys.
Docs usually have a ego, be careful teaching you doc.
Most endos are mostly useless, unless you have diabetes.
Even there things can be improved.

Changing docs look into osteopaths, still it is not a sure bet.

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
commend you for wanting to find the cause..but im thinking sometimes there isntt... just happens

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY RESTARTED USING A PROTOCOL THEN BEEN ABLE TO QUIT??? im thinking not...personally, im more than fine jabing myself everyweek and feeling/looking good...

you could be over a yr trying to figure it out, or more trying someone to find a doctor willing to look..
good luck

p0fell0w

p0fell0w

Awards
thanks for all the replies.. i have a question would taking an ECA stack hurt any of the tests they would do on me? i dont have an appointment until may 27 and i really need to start cutting for summer :)

MarkLA

Awards
Were you on a diet prior to your testing>

Hypocaloric diet can lower LH and thus lower T as well...

Mark

p0fell0w

p0fell0w

Awards
Were you on a diet prior to your testing>

Hypocaloric diet can lower LH and thus lower T as well...

Mark
nope i havent started..i did cut some fats out of my diet so i'm eating a tablespoon of peanut butter and some more good fats each day to see if that helps

engival

Awards
  • Established
why would you cut fats out?

60-70% of your diet should be fat ( red meat, egg yolks, coconut oil, butter, hemp oil, olive oil, cod liver / fish oil)

p0fell0w

p0fell0w

Awards
but would an eca stack while i wait for my doctors appointment on the 27th hurt any tests?

p0fell0w

p0fell0w

Awards
wtf the endo doctor is a girl and she said all those were normal numbers for my results...she took them over again to make sure they are right though... i thought the LH is low and i told her despite my prolactin levels were low i could squeeze my right one and a lil clear liquid would come out and she said i'm i taking supplements so i told her creatine and she said that could be causing it WTF should i go to a different doctor?

LH 1.9
FSH 3.6
Prolactin 8.9
Estrogens 31pg/ml

Omega Man

Awards
My test results came back at exactly 309 ng/dl (241-827) Starting Clomid today and will run it at 12.5mg for 6-8 weeks.

p0fell0w

p0fell0w

Awards
My test results came back at exactly 309 ng/dl (241-827) Starting Clomid today and will run it at 12.5mg for 6-8 weeks.
lol same here..doctor put me on 25mg a day for 6 weeks. good luck :)

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Clomid sucks! Maybe at the doses you are on wont be a issue. I'm on high dose 50mg/day for fertility and it SUCKS @SS big time

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
1st note that I am on it for fertility. I am on THT and doing test shots were great but obviously with test-e only I shut down my boys.

So in order to see if I can start producing sperm I was taken of test and put on 50mg/day clomid.

I suffer from depression but it pretty much disapeared while on test. Best I felt (depression/sadness) in 15 years. Now on Clomid, depressed more than 50% of the time. I have zero libido. I am pretty much a nymph and with this stuff I never want it, never think about it and never get turned on.

So for me, it might make it so I can produce another kid but at the price of depression coming back and libido is gone.

I will have test done in 3 weeks to see if LH and FSH have raised on Clomid, if not will do HcG for 3 months then retest. If that fails then I will give up on trying to have another kid and go back to weekly test shots.

p0fell0w

p0fell0w

Awards
1st note that I am on it for fertility. I am on THT and doing test shots were great but obviously with test-e only I shut down my boys.

So in order to see if I can start producing sperm I was taken of test and put on 50mg/day clomid.

I suffer from depression but it pretty much disapeared while on test. Best I felt (depression/sadness) in 15 years. Now on Clomid, depressed more than 50% of the time. I have zero libido. I am pretty much a nymph and with this stuff I never want it, never think about it and never get turned on.

So for me, it might make it so I can produce another kid but at the price of depression coming back and libido is gone.

I will have test done in 3 weeks to see if LH and FSH have raised on Clomid, if not will do HcG for 3 months then retest. If that fails then I will give up on trying to have another kid and go back to weekly test shots.
oh man i hope everything works out for u sorry to hear that

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, once back on test Im sure my life will improve. I dont think that 12.5-25mg of Clomid should cause such problems as my dosage.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
why does it suck?
I think a guy your age should first try to restart his system with Clomid. That, and a good diet should do the trick. I also think you should make ZMA a regular part of your night time regimen. Try to avoid estrogens and eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables. If that doesn't do it you may need HCG.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, once back on test Im sure my life will improve. I dont think that 12.5-25mg of Clomid should cause such problems as my dosage.
If clomid raises you test you should consider HCG for long term therapy. It could also cure your fertility problem and I'm pretty sure your depression as well.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Why ZMA, I have tried it many time with no effect that I could tell of. What reasons or purpose do you think ZMA is needed. Meaning, why take it

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Why ZMA, I have tried it many time with no effect that I could tell of. What reasons or purpose do you think ZMA is needed. Meaning, why take it
It contains the minerals your body needs to produce testosterone. It also aids in recovery and sleep - both important. However if he can't produce enough LH on his own it won't be enough. I think he probably can. It would be good for you now that you are trying to stimulate your own production. Clomid stimulates LH secretion. HCG mimics it. In either case your system will need minerals. I use ZMA nightly along with my HCG protocol. My last test revealed total T of 1144 and I'm 50 years old.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I love how my life improved on the test-e. Everything seemed better. E2 got high and Dr. didnt want to treat so I just took L-dex.

HcG I think would be my best best for long term TRT. Dr. here are just not to educated to hormonal things. Low test so give just test. They or I should say mine dont want to deal with E2 or keeping my boys working.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, been a while since I have researched ZMA. I have a bottle at home and will start taking it tonight. Wish it would work miricles on my LOSS LIBIDO.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, been a while since I have researched ZMA. I have a bottle at home and will start taking it tonight. Wish it would work miricles on my LOSS LIBIDO.
It might help. It's always made me horny. The first time I tried zinc I was 19 - it was chelated. My brain was so overloaded with sexual images I couldn't study.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
That would be great. Dont remember it having any noticable effects when I took it before. I buy the NOW brand ZMA 3 PILLS/DAY

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
That would be great. Dont remember it having any noticable effects when I took it before. I buy the NOW brand ZMA 3 PILLS/DAY
The mixture is the same across all brands. NOW makes good quality products.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Clomid ~ Prolactin ~ No Libido

I read on another post that prolactin levels can effect libido/sex desire?

My question is what are the main hormones that cause low libido (should say 0 libido).

My levels from last BT on 50mg Clomid/day are:

Test - 615ng/dl
E2 - 31PG/ML (was 55-67 when on test-e

The last time my prolactin was tested was in march, here are the numbers

test - 796ng/dl
free t - 27.4pg/ml
e2 - 55pg/ml
prolactin - 9.93ng/ml

So I am f-ed in that I have zero libido, i figured the clomid made my e2 higher or at least kept it high and was the cause of
no libido
depression
skin fattening/looks blubbery and no definition

So again, what hormones do I need to consider for the libido issue?

hebsie

Awards
My question is what are the main hormones that cause low libido (should say 0 libido).
..from what I understand, DHT is the prime hormone when it comes to libido. Have you had your DHT tested?...hebs

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
No, never had that checked. Guess I better look into that

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Does Clomid show that it reduces DHT or prolactin. I havent found much as far as clomid messing up libido but that is what I have to assume to be messing up my s3x life. Nothing else changed and everything was good on test.

So woundering what hormoes might have gotten out of wack to cause low libido. Test levels still in 600+ and E2 dropped almost 50%

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Does Clomid show that it reduces DHT or prolactin. I havent found much as far as clomid messing up libido but that is what I have to assume to be messing up my s3x life. Nothing else changed and everything was good on test.

So woundering what hormoes might have gotten out of wack to cause low libido. Test levels still in 600+ and E2 dropped almost 50%
Check up on clomid and libido. I don't know anyone who swears by it for the long term. You may want to consider a switch to HCG now. It should take care of both your fertility and testosterone needs. I know it raises DHT.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, thats what i am hoping for at my next urology visit. His big concern with taking me off test and on to clomid was going to be my past depression and bi-polar issues. These were pretty much non-existant while on test but they are coming back along with the libido.

I agree with the HcG for fertility and libido. Just need to convince Dr. on this. Obviously I want my LH/FSH up which would show the clomid is working but I'm afraid when they run the BT and they all have improved (restart) then they will want me to stay on the clomid until wife is pregnate.

Cant get her preg. if d!ck dont want to, LOL

Fletcher

Awards

EXACTLY what I told my primary doc and urologist. They looked at me like I was crazy... Here they are frying my testicles when the problem is in my head! Anyway, I wish you luck. I think I have an endo that will work with me pretty well. He at least has patients on clomid and HCG, as opposed to the urologists and docs that haven't ever heard of anything but the pharmas pushing testosterone.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
EXACTLY what I told my primary doc and urologist. They looked at me like I was crazy... Here they are frying my testicles when the problem is in my head! Anyway, I wish you luck. I think I have an endo that will work with me pretty well. He at least has patients on clomid and HCG, as opposed to the urologists and docs that haven't ever heard of anything but the pharmas pushing testosterone.
You need to find out why you are having these symptoms. Unfortunately that takes work which Dr's do not like to do. That is why people fed up with the medical system and look for alternative solutions. I have gotten a lot of guys restart in the past so it may be something you want to consider. Some times it just a simple thing which dr's overlook which may be the contributing factor.

codered5

Awards
commend you for wanting to find the cause..but im thinking sometimes there isntt... just happensHAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY RESTARTED USING A PROTOCOL THEN BEEN ABLE TO QUIT??? im thinking not...personally, im more than fine jabing myself everyweek and feeling/looking good...you could be over a yr trying to figure it out, or more trying someone to find a doctor willing to look..good luck
I have successfully restarted with just hcg and have been off all meds for over 10 months.. Lh jumped from 2.1 to 5 and is holding just fine