cenegenics ?

budreau

Awards
just checking them out on the web and was wondering if they are for real. i have a appt. with a endo. monday and thinking of maybe going to see cenegenics instead. if anybody has any info. or advise i would welcome it.
thanks

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
just checking them out on the web and was wondering if they are for real. i have a appt. with a endo. monday and thinking of maybe going to see cenegenics instead. if anybody has any info. or advise i would welcome it.
thanks

I've been with them for two years. They're a reputable firm with an impressive clientele.

budreau

Awards
is it worth the money they are asking. i know my health is priceless but my bank has it's limits. are you on the full program ? thanks again for any info.

Shootist

Shootist

Awards
thanks
Most of what I've been reading is that Cenegenics isn't cheap. I made up my mind to go see Dr. John instead. Matter o' fact, I'm flying to E. Lansing tomorrow.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
is it worth the money they are asking. i know my health is priceless but my bank has it's limits. are you on the full program ? thanks again for any info.
I think it's worth the money. My check ups include stress tests, full body scans and EKG's. My physician is an experienced medical doctor, not a DO. He has published 7 books on preventative medicine and pioneered the use of Hawthorn Berry in the treatment of high blood pressure. Dr. Barry Sears, author of the Zone diet sits on the board of directors. I have a nutritionist and a physical training supervisor.

Many can't afford the annual fee at Cenegenics. Ten years ago I was in that boat, but now I'm financially independent. My wife is under the same care. If for any reason money became an issue, I would consider a DO like Dr. John. I would do anything within my power to stay healthy. Unfortunately "you go to war with what you have."

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I think it's worth the money. My check ups include stress tests, full body scans and EKG's. My physician is an experienced medical doctor, not a DO. He has published 7 books on preventative medicine and pioneered the use of Hawthorn Berry in the treatment of high blood pressure. Dr. Barry Sears, author of the Zone diet sits on the board of directors. I have a nutritionist and a physical training supervisor.
Many can't afford the annual fee at Cenegenics. Ten years ago I was in that boat, but now I'm financially independent. My wife is under the same care. If for any reason money became an issue, I would consider a DO like Dr. John. I would do anything within my power to stay healthy. Unfortunately "you go to war with what you have."
I know about you from HCG discussions.
Wonder if you would like to describe what nutritionist is doing for you?
Have they offered any nutriotional testing?

budreau

Awards
jansz, what do you think is the way to go ?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
jansz, what do you think is the way to go ?
I am not a doctor.
I would like to find out what outfits cattering to people (mostly boomers),
with no money problem, provide,
in a way of tangible health benefits, to people that are basically healthy,
and want to stay that way.

I am not interested in frills and fluf or extending a life span.
I am interested in increasing active life untill the last day.

Shootist

Shootist

Awards
I am not a doctor.

Could you really ask for anything more?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Diet and supplementation. My doctor does analyses of my labs and other tests.

Last edited:
colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I am not a doctor.

Cenegenics focuses on quality of life at any age. My goal is to not end up with so many limitations that life is no longer worth living. My doctor has never promised me longevity, but then I've never expected it.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
At one time I recall you posting few tests at your thread.
Is that all the testing that they did?

I don't recall that post. I can tell you that some of the tests include V02. body fat, bone density EKG and brain function. As for the labs, they range from spot checks of specific panels to comprehensive panels costing up to $1500, which include Chem-Screen, Cholesterol panel, Homocysteine CBC w/differential & platelet and a comprehensive hormone panel. They use Quest.

I pay my doctor a fee of $2500/year which includes all tests but blood, and spend another $2500 - $3000 in blood work. I buy my supplements wherever I choose. They will match the lowest pharmacy price on prescriptions, and if they can't I have the option of buying elsewhere. The costs are high, but justified in my opinion. $2500 gives me unlimited access to a world class doctor, and it's he who keeps me coming back, not bells and whistles. I have my wife and father also under his care. There are other viable options that are less expensive. If he isn't available in the future I will consider them.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I don't recall that post. I can tell you that some of the tests include V02. body fat, bone density EKG and brain function. As for the labs, they range from spot checks of specific panels to comprehensive panels costing up to $1500, which include Chem-Screen, Cholesterol panel, Homocysteine CBC w/differential & platelet and a comprehensive hormone panel. They use Quest.

I pay my doctor a fee of $2500/year which includes all tests but blood, and spend another $2500 - $3000 in blood work. I buy my supplements wherever I choose. They will match the lowest pharmacy price on prescriptions, and if they can't I have the option of buying elsewhere. The costs are high, but justified in my opinion. $2500 gives me unlimited access to a world class doctor, and it's he who keeps me coming back, not bells and whistles. I have my wife and father also under his care. There are other viable options that are less expensive. If he isn't available in the future I will consider them.
Other than blood, do they test urine, saliva.
What tests are those?

I find nutritional testing usefull. Does Cenegenic offers them?

My nutritional tests I do at Genova Diagnostics.
Set of tests called NutrEval is a good start.

Have you heard of BodyLogicMD?
Until few days, you were the only one using HCG without testosterone and achieving good results.
On dr John board, there is masterhay posting of similar treatment.

matrix nutrition and fitness

http://www.matrixnutritionandfitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060&page=4
http://www.matrixnutritionandfitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11228&postcount=37

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
thanks

I'd go with Dr. John LONG BEFORE I'd consider cenegenics. I don't doubt that SOME of their docs are great...but they have also been flooded with mediocre docs, at least as reported by people who have been dissapointed with their service. Dr. John knows his stuff, and will do ANY and all tests necessary, or just one's you can afford.

Im a happy patient, and i tried about 4 docs before I finally found Dr. John. You could also consider Dr. Mariano or Dr. Shippen, two other experts in the field.

techlogik

Awards
They must be expensive, because they can afford to advertise in every airline's in flight magazine with a nice size color add taking about 1/4 of the page usually.

They sound pretty thorough..but it seems some people are paying $6K a year on up for the medical care, blood work and then the product itself and supplements...kind of crazy IMO.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
What tests are those?

Until few days, you were the only one using HCG without testosterone and achieving good results.

MuscleChatRoom.com
MuscleChatRoom.com
They test urine. I've never had Nutreval. After a complete physical including a full body scan, my doctor consults with my nutritionist and training adviser, both of whom are included in the yearly fee. These people keep in touch with me via email to monitor my progress. Periodically I keep a diary for the nutritionist at the doctor's request.

As for HCG therapy, my doctor has done a lot of testing over the years and believes he has the ideal pulsing. According to him pulsing more than three times per week creates a feedback that produces less than optimal results in TT/FT and an increase in DHT. He recommends twice per week for the best results and claims that HCG maintains its strength for three days before tapering off. He mentioned studies by a man named Letter (phonetic spelling). The beginning of last month I switched from 1000 twice per week to 1000 EOD to test his theory. I'll let you know the results within the next couple of days. In the meantime I'll check out those links...thanks!

Last edited:
colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
They must be expensive, because they can afford to advertise in every airline's in flight magazine with a nice size color add taking about 1/4 of the page usually.

They sound pretty thorough..but it seems some people are paying $6K a year on up for the medical care, blood work and then the product itself and supplements...kind of crazy IMO.
It may be crazy for some people, but from my perspective it's not. As I stated before, it was the doctor who sold me, not the Cenegenics brand. I don't get thrills from expensive toys. Instead of parking a Lamborghini in my garage or adorning my wrist with a five figure watch I prefer spending on my health and well-being. For me feeling good is priceless. I've always been an active person both in mind and body. Any form of HRT under a doctor's care is going to start between $3,000 and $4,000 per year. There are people who would think that expense is crazy even though their incomes are similar to those who don't. We all have different values.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
What tests are those?

http://www.matrixnutritionandfitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060&page=4
http://www.matrixnutritionandfitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11228&postcount=37
I can't view those links. I'm not a member.

budreau

Awards
the cenegenic doctor i talked with is in oklahoma city and his prices were way higher around $3000 for start up plus a $750 per quarter fee for something and then he said around $500 per month on meds. that sounds a little steep. are they all that way. maybe the endo. will have some good news monday(and cheaper).
thanks for all the info.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
the cenegenic doctor i talked with is in oklahoma city and his prices were way higher around $3000 for start up plus a $750 per quarter fee for something and then he said around $500 per month on meds. that sounds a little steep. are they all that way. maybe the endo. will have some good news monday(and cheaper).
thanks for all the info.

The start up includes a battery of tests including a $1500 blood work panel. I was billed $2500. Maybe that doctor needs to use a local hospital for some of the tests. The $750 per quarter seems high. I'm billed $2500 per year, but was signed up two years ago. My doctor has one of Cenegenics three main facilities and is a company CEO. His clinic is complete with equipment.

budreau

Awards
would it be better to go to one of the main ones or do they do quality control on all the docs. i'm going to call the main office in las vegas and ask them all the ? i have. i just want to know if it works plain and simple. i'm not a former steroid user or anything like that, i just feel like crap and am tired of it.
thanks again

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
would it be better to go to one of the main ones or do they do quality control on all the docs. i'm going to call the main office in las vegas and ask them all the ? i have. i just want to know if it works plain and simple. i'm not a former steroid user or anything like that, i just feel like crap and am tired of it.
thanks again
I signed with my doc before he was CEO and worked out of a small office. After checking him out, and then interviewing him I was impressed. For me it's all about the doctor.

budreau

Awards
went to the endo. appt. today and was not real thrilled by him. think i'm going to give the cenegenics guys a chance.