It Is Here! Bloodwork!

lattimer99

Awards
I saw the doctor write down. Ultra sensitive test for the E2 but on the test it says nothing of ultra senstive. It just is labled estradiol. anyways here it is

Estradiol 19 0-52
ferritin 81 24-336
progesterone 0.5 0.3-1.9
prolactin 1.6 2.1-17.7
tsh 6.68 0.34- 5.00
dhea-sulfate 151 80-560
DHT 1478 155-560
free t3 3.6 2.3-4.2
free test >50.0 9.3-26.5 (20-29 year old )
SHBG 6.8 13-71
bioavailible testos 1079 62-512
testosterone 1182 241-827

Ok I know the test is high but that is because the dosage I am on is pretty high. Any lower and I drop way down. So the question is... Is my E2 low? cause it seems like I need more E2 for sex drive. cause I see no other thing that could be affecting my sex drive besides low E2? Could I block DHT production which would therefor increase E2? Since the testosterone wouldnt be converted to DHT it would be converted to e2? is that how I would go about raising e2? Also does saw palmetto just block the receptors at the hair line and prostate or does it actually prevent the conversion of test to DHT? and do my DHEA levels seem like they could be effecting my sex drive?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I saw the doctor write down. Ultra sensitive test for the E2 but on the test it says nothing of ultra senstive. It just is labled estradiol. anyways here it is

Estradiol 19 0-52
ferritin 81 24-336
progesterone 0.5 0.3-1.9
prolactin 1.6 2.1-17.7
tsh 6.68 0.34- 5.00
dhea-sulfate 151 80-560
DHT 1478 155-560
free t3 3.6 2.3-4.2
free test >50.0 9.3-26.5 (20-29 year old )
SHBG 6.8 13-71
bioavailible testos 1079 62-512
testosterone 1182 241-827

Ok I know the test is high but that is because the dosage I am on is pretty high. Any lower and I drop way down. So the question is... Is my E2 low? cause it seems like I need more E2 for sex drive. cause I see no other thing that could be affecting my sex drive besides low E2? Could I block DHT production which would therefor increase E2? Since the testosterone wouldnt be converted to DHT it would be converted to e2? is that how I would go about raising e2? Also does saw palmetto just block the receptors at the hair line and prostate or does it actually prevent the conversion of test to DHT? and do my DHEA levels seem like they could be effecting my sex drive?
Describe yout testosterone, other medicines/supplements, dose, schedule.
When blood was drawn relatively to T schedule.

Off hand, I think that you are using transdermal T, but you should use injectable. Injectable T and decent amount of HCG should raise your E2 and lower DHT.

Because your SHBG is very low, you will need lower average weekly dose but done frequently, EOD.
Draw blood 48hrs after T shot.

Use Quest Diagnostic tests:
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Goal:
FreeE2(0.45 - 0.6)
BAT~575

Some problems with thyroid (freeT3 almost ok);
Check
reverse T3 (rT3)
Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (7260X)

lattimer99

Awards
the thyroid is a lil off because I had just taken my medicine roughly 2 hours before the test. My blood work was all taken 1 day prior to my next shot. I use to be on a 3 days a week schedual with shots but this was taken during a twice a week schedual. I do prefer the 3 times a week as it seems to keep blood levels even. I didnt take any hcg for 2 days prior to this test. Dr. John suggests not taking HCG as it will give a fake result of how high your test is. My hcg dosage is 250mcg 3times a week but i seem to get better sex drive from 500mcg 3 times a week. I belive that is because it spikes my e2 even more. I use injectable testosterone cyp. when i was using 150mg, test levels were lower and e2 even lower. I was put on 250 a week to see what would happen and now I am sure he will want to lower it some soon. find a sweet spot at probably like 200mg a week. I am a former steroid user for 8 years soo my body takes a lil more to get going it seems. Is their any way to bring e2 up a lil bit without HCG? also i wonder what does give me sex drive because my sex drive is non existent and only good for a short time right after my 500mcg hcg shot. I am guessing it has to be e2!

lattimer99

Awards
also couldn't I buy a super low dose of estradiol and then take like 1/8 of the pill daily? to get my e2 up?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
also couldn't I buy a super low dose of estradiol and then take like 1/8 of the pill daily? to get my e2 up?
I do not understand what you are saying here.
Hope you are not taking any Arimidex or any other AI with your low E2.

On the other hand your E2 test is not ultrasensitive, so who knows what your E2 really is.

Since you are dr John's patient,
just make sure that you clearly understand what he wants you to do,
follow his directions, you are going to be ok.

lattimer99

Awards
no.. I was suggesting to acutally take estradiol at a super super low does to up my bodys own e2. also if i were to take a testosterone to DHT conversion inhibator... woulndt that prevent testosterone from being converted in the frist place to DHT whcih would probably have some of the extra test turn into e2?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
no.. I was suggesting to acutally take estradiol at a super super low does to up my bodys own e2. also if i were to take a testosterone to DHT conversion inhibator... woulndt that prevent testosterone from being converted in the frist place to DHT whcih would probably have some of the extra test turn into e2?
You are speculating a lot.
Best first step, get good E2 test.
You do not really know what your E2 is.

lattimer99

Awards
well i do know that it is low. because if i take just 2 IU on an insulin needle and drink it. I feel it the next day. extra tired and super dry and run down. I know it gets even lower then it already is. I instantly get all the sypmtoms of low E2. plus my test isnt super accurate but it does show I have low e2.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

You're low on DHEA. Supplementing with oral DHEA will raise your e2 and DHEA.

lattimer99

Awards
I have done that but sex drive is sitll at a low when i do that.. any suggestions how much dhea i should take?

lattimer99

Awards
Also if i block the DHT conversion from testosterone. Wouldnt the excess test i prevernt from converting end up converting to e2 possibly? LIke using a DHT blocker ends up making you have more test which in turn turns up your e2 because yoru boyd then converts it to e2? I do have high DHT as well. any input?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know about dht blockers, but for dhea, you could either try to talk to your doctor about pregnenalone cream (precursor to dhea) to backfill those other hormones that you're low on, or you can ask him/her about dhea supplementation. I don't know how much you would need to effectively raise levels to a good range, it may take trial + testing to get that right.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have done that but sex drive is sitll at a low when i do that.. any suggestions how much dhea i should take?
In my experience on my own body.

Use no more than 50mg/day splitted.

If that does not raise your DHEAs properly, look somewhere else.

Look into NutrEval testing.