Test + Preg gel = no DHT?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Would compounded testosterone + pregnenolone mixed in the cream prevent AR5 conversion to DHT? I've heard this, but I'm wondering if anyone has actually done it successfully?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Would compounded testosterone + pregnenolone mixed in the cream prevent AR5 conversion to DHT? I've heard this, but I'm wondering if anyone has actually done it successfully?
Why would you want to unless you have super duper high DHT. DHT is important. Why not take Nettle Root because new studies show that it increase free DHT and inhibits DHT at the prostate.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Why would you want to unless you have super duper high DHT. DHT is important. Why not take Nettle Root because new studies show that it increase free DHT and inhibits DHT at the prostate.
In some men (me included), test gel converts to 90% DHT instead of total T, which isn't healthy.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like shots are right for you. It's a simple answer :thumbsup:
Sorry, but this simple answer often come with arguments.

Personally I cannot explain the problem unles possibly there is a money involved or prestige or similar.

In my book, everybody who needs it, should use injectable testosterone, except when low DHT is present.

I also think that testosterone injections should be done more frequently than a once a week.

So there is another pressure, pressure to use large, thick and long, needles.

Using those big fat needles, it does not take long to "convince" many into transdermals.

It is hard to use long needles often.
Infrequent injections often do not work.

I suspect that there is no money in prescribing injectable test,
but you see at doc's offices all kind of samples of transdermals.

With injection, what goes in, stays in.
Forget hair splitting IM vs subq.
With transdermals there is a lots of variables that additionally vary with passing time.
Translation, lots of more vistis to doctor, little hope for quick and stable routine,
and geting on with life. Becomes life long chasing a tail project.

Next translation, doctors are busy.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
With transdermals there is a lots of variables that additionally vary with passing time..
This is what completely turns me off of the thought of doing transdermals for trt. Too many factors.

For someone with low DHT, I wonder if a combination of TD + shot would be good. But that's going off topic.