Why HCG.......why not HMG?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Why is HMG rarely discussed here?

It seems to do most, if not all of what HCG does, if not more.

My primary reason for asking is that I have read that it helps to increase semen volume and blood flow in the testes. I feel both of these are low for me.

When they are higher....I feel better.

Would HMG possibly be used in place of HCG, or could they be used together?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think HMG would be a good alternative to HCG based on what I have read but I believe it is less talked about because generally (at least in the US) it appears to be less available then HCG.

Mr.50

Random987

Awards
From what I understand, HCG mimics LH which causes the Leydig cells to produce testosterone. HMG mimics FSH which causes the Sertoli cells to produce sperm. Because we are interested in increasing test, HCG is the reasonable alternative. Studies have shown the HCG also does something to help with the production of sperm as this is the first line of fertility treatment. HMG is much more expensive than HCG, so it is often a second options for treatment of fertility issues.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
From what I understand, HCG mimics LH which causes the Leydig cells to produce testosterone. HMG mimics FSH which causes the Sertoli cells to produce sperm. Because we are interested in increasing test, HCG is the reasonable alternative. Studies have shown the HCG also does something to help with the production of sperm as this is the first line of fertility treatment. HMG is much more expensive than HCG, so it is often a second options for treatment of fertility issues.
That is exactly my point. I feel my worst when my semen volume is lowest. Dont ask me how or if I know that...it is just a feeling I have but I am fairly certain I am correct.

I am getting testosterone from cream but still feeling lousy although my numbers are good. Since I have insurance, expensive is not as big a problem as it once was.

Has anyone out there ever tried HMG in lieu of HCG?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
That is exactly my point. I feel my worst when my semen volume is lowest. Dont ask me how or if I know that...it is just a feeling I have but I am fairly certain I am correct.

I am getting testosterone from cream but still feeling lousy although my numbers are good. Since I have insurance, expensive is not as big a problem as it once was.

Has anyone out there ever tried HMG in lieu of HCG?
It's the cream that's reducing your seminal volume. I know exactly how you feel, and HCG should do the trick.

I have two questions: 1) Do you have a primary or secondary condition? 2) How much HCG are you taking?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
It's the cream that's reducing your seminal volume. I know exactly how you feel, and HCG should do the trick.

I have two questions: 1) Do you have a primary or secondary condition? 2) How much HCG are you taking?
I am taking 250 IUs of HCG every other day and have not noticed anything one way or the other. I have been doing this for six months or so.

As for primary or secondary...I wish I knew. My DR is very good but does not do much testing and TRT is not his specialty. I was on the absolute low end and am now on the high end of range for T.

He is doing the right things but not trying to look for the underlying causes, which is disappointing.

It is strange....he documents every single word and appointments with him last forever, its agonizing but I am looking for a more hands on DR with knowledge of T....if there are any.

shlong

shlong

Awards
Why is HMG rarely discussed here?

It seems to do most, if not all of what HCG does, if not more.

My primary reason for asking is that I have read that it helps to increase semen volume and blood flow in the testes. I feel both of these are low for me.

When they are higher....I feel better.

Would HMG possibly be used in place of HCG, or could they be used together?
Hcg and Hmg both raise test levels, vai LH, however HMG is a beeter agent
because it also increases FSH, follicle stimulating Hormone and it costs 3 times as much. you must run a weak Anti -aro with either
Aromatase is released with endogenous test.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Try Paravol

I am taking 250 IUs of HCG every other day and have not noticed anything one way or the other. I have been doing this for six months or so.
I'm in same boat (T-Cream, HCG).
I'm 6'3, 210ibs. and I do:
T-Cream 200mg ED on forearms (per Dr. John - "no touch")
HCG 200iu's ED sub-Q

My last BW (6/18):
TT = 790
E (ultra sensitive) = 18 (and I don't use any AI)
SHBG = 27
DHT = 100

When I changed HCG to ED I felt better.

Also, for semen volume (and generally better sexual feelings) I really like the supplement "Paravol" from Applied Nutraceuticals:

Paravol has been engineered exclusively by Palo Alto Labs to effectively combat the negative sexual side effects exhibited by males that have recently completed an anabolic cycle. While there are many sexual enhancement products on the market today, Paravol is the first sexual enhancement supplement designed specifically for users of anabolics, testosterone boosters or pro-hormone products. Paravol is the most powerful and effective ejaculation and orgasm enhancer on the market. Paravol can help men with uneven testosterone levels increase their ejaculation level and sexual potency by as much as 500%.
Due to uneven testosterone levels or low libido function, many men experience small ejaculate volume or a dribbling effect which can shorten the length of orgasms and be extremely embarrassing. If YOU are using or have used an anabolic compound, you are subject to four time’s greater incidence of poor sexual performance and weak ejaculation when compared to those who haven’t taken an anabolic supplement. Science has proven that larger volumes of ejaculate provide longer, more intense, and more pleasurable orgasms.

BTW, I'm no rep, I just like the product.
Good luck.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Part of the reason could be that next to no sources offer hMG...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've only been able to find a source that carries a combination of HCG/HMG in one vial. I forget the ratios..

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established

As for primary or secondary...I wish I knew. My DR is very good but does not do much testing and TRT is not his specialty. I was on the absolute low end and am now on the high end of range for T.

He is doing the right things but not trying to look for the underlying causes, which is disappointing.

It is strange....he documents every single word and appointments with him last forever, its agonizing but I am looking for a more hands on DR with knowledge of T....if there are any.
You need to establish your condition. HCG alone works well for secondary patients, and there are no issues with libido or seminal volume. I inject every third day and maintain TT levels near or over 1000.

It seems the consensus for cream users is hcg every day. Because you are already using HCG it should be easy to transition. I had to use large doses because I wasn't on your protocol.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm in same boat (T-Cream, HCG).
I'm 6'3, 210ibs. and I do:
T-Cream 200mg ED on forearms (per Dr. John - "no touch")
HCG 200iu's ED sub-Q

My last BW (6/18):
TT = 790
E (ultra sensitive) = 18 (and I don't use any AI)
SHBG = 27
DHT = 100

When I changed HCG to ED I felt better.

Also, for semen volume (and generally better sexual feelings) I really like the supplement "Paravol" from Applied Nutraceuticals:

Paravol has been engineered exclusively by Palo Alto Labs to effectively combat the negative sexual side effects exhibited by males that have recently completed an anabolic cycle. While there are many sexual enhancement products on the market today, Paravol is the first sexual enhancement supplement designed specifically for users of anabolics, testosterone boosters or pro-hormone products. Paravol is the most powerful and effective ejaculation and orgasm enhancer on the market. Paravol can help men with uneven testosterone levels increase their ejaculation level and sexual potency by as much as 500%.
Due to uneven testosterone levels or low libido function, many men experience small ejaculate volume or a dribbling effect which can shorten the length of orgasms and be extremely embarrassing. If YOU are using or have used an anabolic compound, you are subject to four time’s greater incidence of poor sexual performance and weak ejaculation when compared to those who haven’t taken an anabolic supplement. Science has proven that larger volumes of ejaculate provide longer, more intense, and more pleasurable orgasms.

BTW, I'm no rep, I just like the product.
Good luck.

Old Gator, have you noticed a meaningful difference in orgasm intensity and ejaculate volume? Do you take it every day? Do you know if you need to take it every day, or will orgasm days do? I am reluctant to spend another $1 per day on an additional supplement, but would consider it if you dont need to build up a blood level -- i.e., you can just take it on the day of the circus act.

Thanks.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Old Gator, have you noticed a meaningful difference in orgasm intensity and ejaculate volume? Do you take it every day? Do you know if you need to take it every day, or will orgasm days do? I am reluctant to spend another $1 per day on an additional supplement, but would consider it if you dont need to build up a blood level -- i.e., you can just take it on the day of the circus act.

Thanks.
Yeah you need to dose it as a daily supp. I started using it before TRT and it made a difference. Here is a typical comment on threads on Paravol here at AM:

I always notice effects within 5 days. The effects are great within 2 weeks, even better at 4 weeks, but outright INSANITY at 6 weeks
i usually have to stop taking it after 4 weeks or else im drooling too much at every girl i see... not good when your in a relationship

Can't say I ever felt quite like that, (but I'm 30 years older than him too)!

What's T-Cream done for your DHT level? The boost from 45 to 100 really helped me out in the libido department too.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah you need to dose it as a daily supp. I started using it before TRT and it made a difference. Here is a typical comment on threads on Paravol here at AM:

I always notice effects within 5 days. The effects are great within 2 weeks, even better at 4 weeks, but outright INSANITY at 6 weeks
i usually have to stop taking it after 4 weeks or else im drooling too much at every girl i see... not good when your in a relationship

Can't say I ever felt quite like that, (but I'm 30 years older than him too)!

What's T-Cream done for your DHT level? The boost from 45 to 100 really helped me out in the libido department too.

Thanks. I'm not on t cream. Just hCG.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
...saw a post from a user on another forum who is taking HMG. And he stated the cost is a whopping $500/month. So that is definitely something to be considered. I would also assume difficulties with insurance companies covering it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
...saw a post from a user on another forum who is taking HMG. And he stated the cost is a whopping $500/month. So that is definitely something to be considered. I would also assume difficulties with insurance companies covering it.

Yeah the cost is pretty crazy. I wonder what makes it so much more expensive compared to HCG. It's too bad there are no supps that can significantly increase GnRH or FSH naturally as well. Boosting dopamine will to an extent though, this is why I'm currently trying out deprenyl.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Yeah the cost is pretty crazy. I wonder what makes it so much more expensive compared to HCG. It's too bad there are no supps that can significantly increase GnRH or FSH naturally as well. Boosting dopamine will to an extent though, this is why I'm currently trying out deprenyl.
I've experienced positive effects from deprenyl.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Deprenyl

I've experienced positive effects from deprenyl.
How do you take it? At what dose?

I have been taking 3mg of selegeline "slowgel" every morning for about 6 months.

What positive effects do you notice?

thenxtgrt1

Awards
How do you take it? At what dose?

I have been taking 3mg of selegeline "slowgel" every morning for about 6 months.

What positive effects do you notice?
I've experimented with 5 and 10 mg doses (in tablet form), usually with a meal. Results haven't been amazing, but I usually get slight better feeling of well being. And maybe a small energy boost.