94.14%

Low LH - normal FSH

FSH - 3.6
    LH - 0.2
    Prolactin - 7.7
    total testosterone - 222

urologist says except for testosterone everything is normal
    What should i do?

I am planing to have kids in future.....
    I have bilateral varicocele.

2. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue1 View Post
    FSH - 3.6
    LH - 0.2
    Prolactin - 7.7
    total testosterone - 222

urologist says except for testosterone everything is normal
    What should i do?

Your LH is very low. It could be the problem with your testosterone.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What should i do?

Have a sperm sample tested. See how you're doing. If you want kids, clomid therapy might be right for you for the time being. It will raise your LH, increasing testosterone production, and sperm count should increase.

If you're looking for long term therapy though, clomid isn't the answer. HCG might be what you're looking for.
    You can try getting surgery to fix your varicocele, and then attempt a 'restart' of your HTPA as well. This has helped some people recover from low test due to varicocele. You may want to discuss this, as well as clomid or HCG with your doctor.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Have a sperm sample tested. See how you're doing. If you want kids, clomid therapy might be right for you for the time being. It will raise your LH, increasing testosterone production, and sperm count should increase.

If you're looking for long term therapy though, clomid isn't the answer. HCG might be what you're looking for.
    You can try getting surgery to fix your varicocele, and then attempt a 'restart' of your HTPA as well. This has helped some people recover from low test due to varicocele. You may want to discuss this, as well as clomid or HCG with your doctor.
    What is HTPA?Urologist says low testosterone is not due to varicocele?I have never been on steroids before.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%

A really high level of LH and a low level of testosterone often means that the testicles are not working properly. A low LH level and a really low or high testosterone level may mean a problem with the pituitary gland.

Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism can be either a primary pituitary disorder with low LH stimulus and low testosterone levels, or a primary hypothalamic disorder with decreased GnRH release resulting in both low LH and testosterone levels. In this case the testes function normally but the hypothalamic-pituitary functions are abnormal. Although the testes secrete sex steroids, there is no response elsewhere in the axis. Limbic discharges may affect the hypothalamic pulsatile release of GnRH. Decreased pulse frequency leading to diminished LH response and hypogonadism.
    Last edited by darkblue1; 04-16-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: changed
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%

MRI pituitary result is in. its normal. Hypothalamus is normal. Then why is LH level so low.I used testime for 11 days .After 6 days I tookd the blood test. Is this the reason why LH low?

Why is the testosterone low? if there is not problem with testes or hypothalamus.

My endo wants to prescribe androgel and then refer me to reproductive endo becs it takes time to get HCG or Gnrh.What are your thoughts on this?

Can i get clomid without prescription?
  7. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

MRI pituitary result is in. its normal. Hypothalamus is normal. Then why is LH level so low.I used testime for 11 days .After 6 days I tookd the blood test. Is this the reason why LH low?

Why is the testosterone low? if there is not problem with testes or hypothalamus.

My endo wants to prescribe androgel and then refer me to reproductive endo becs it takes time to get HCG or Gnrh.What are your thoughts on this?

Can i get clomid without prescription?
    I don't know if a scan can always reveal the problem behind low LH. Nevertheless, it that is your problem. I would first try to restart HPTA with Clomid. If that doesn't work try HCG therapy before moving on to Androgel. If your doctor is unwilling to go this route find another.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%

Finding another is taking time ( atleast 2-3 weeks) meanwhile I am losing all my stamina becos of very low testosterone.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Finding another is taking time ( atleast 2-3 weeks) meanwhile I am losing all my stamina becos of very low testosterone.
    LOw LH is usually indicator of pituitary issues and results in secondary hypogonadism.
  10. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If you start androgel now, and it turns out to be the wrong therapy for you the turn around time will be much longer. I've gone 7 to 8 months with less than adequate test while looking for the proper solution. Two to three weeks is no big deal. You're talking about an action that could effect the rest of your life. Chances are you only need to restart your HPTA.
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.71%

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    I don't know if a scan can always reveal the problem behind low LH. Nevertheless, it that is your problem. I would first try to restart HPTA with Clomid. If that doesn't work try HCG therapy before moving on to Androgel. If your doctor is unwilling to go this route find another.
    Why would you try Clomid first?
    Why not HCG right away?
    How would you go about Clomid, dose, time, what contitute success while on Clomid?
    When to stop Clomid, if succesfull, what to do afterwards?
    When to give up if no success?
  12. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Why would you try Clomid first?
    Why not HCG right away?
    How would you go about Clomid, dose, time, what contitute success while on Clomid?
    When to stop Clomid, if succesfull, what to do afterwards?
    When to give up if no success?
    I had him confused with a different young man who recently came off a steroid cycle. I guess I'm posting too much.

If he has bilateral varicocele then HCG is probably the best choice to start with. The other guy needed to restart HPTA.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%

I was not steroids before....
    I dont know what is HTPA

I have appointment with reproductive endo on June 2nd. So till then what should i do, Current endo prescribed Androgel becos i feel very week ,cant sleep and losing muscle

he says once i stop anrogel and start taking hCG then my LH level will go up, is that correct

can i get HCG without prescription?
  14. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I was not steroids before....
    I dont know what is HTPA

I have appointment with reproductive endo on June 2nd. So till then what should i do, Current endo prescribed Androgel becos i feel very week ,cant sleep and losing muscle

he says once i stop anrogel and start taking hCG then my LH level will go up, is that correct

can i get HCG without prescription?
    Both Androgel and HCG will make your LH go down. Androgel will shut down your testosterone production and LH secretion. HCG will replace LH and therefore shut down LH secretion as well, contrary to what your doc says. HPTA = Hypothalamus Axis. Steroid use, like hormone replacement shuts it down. A drug like Clomid is used to restart LH production, but if you have bilateral varicocele it wont do the trick.

I suggest waiting two to three weeks for the proper medication. If you find it unbearable look to supplements that help you sleep or give you energy. Arginine and Long jack should help with sexual problems. Long jack may change your hormonal profile, but I don't think a 4-week cycle will hurt.
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.71%

I had him confused with a different young man who recently came off a steroid cycle. I guess I'm posting too much.
    If he has bilateral varicocele then HCG is probably the best choice to start with. The other guy needed to restart HPTA.
    Sorry, I have not read the whole thread.
    I also assumed that he was off the cycle.

I just got impression that the restarting HPTA is mostly a crap shoot, often, or mostly, it does not work.

I was trying to get your opinion on that.
    Possibly there is a correct way of doing it.

Way back there was a thread searching for succesfull restarts, did not found any.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%

Both Androgel and HCG will make your LH go down. Androgel will shut down your testosterone production and LH secretion. HCG will replace LH and therefore shut down LH secretion as well, contrary to what your doc says. HPTA = Hypothalamus Axis. Steroid use, like hormone replacement shuts it down. A drug like Clomid is used to restart LH production, but if you have bilateral varicocele it wont do the trick.

I suggest waiting two to three weeks for the proper medication. If you find it unbearable look to supplements that help you sleep or give you energy. Arginine and Long jack should help with sexual problems. Long jack may change your hormonal profile, but I don't think a 4-week cycle will hurt.
    Where can i get Arginine and Long jack . What kind of supplements can i use for sleep and energy
  17. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The mistake was mine. I believe that some can restart HPTA. My doctor was able to help a young man in his early twenties. I don't know which therapy he used, but I have heard good things about short-term clomid use - especially in young people.

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Sorry, I have not read the whole thread.
    I also assumed that he was off the cycle.

I just got impression that the restarting HPTA is mostly a crap shoot, often, or mostly, it does not work.

I was trying to get your opinion on that.
    Possibly there is a correct way of doing it.

Way back there was a thread searching for succesfull restarts, did not found any.
  18. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Where can i get Arginine and Long jack . What kind of supplements can i use for sleep and energy
    Nutraplanet has both in bulk and formulated products. They're a board sponsor.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is it normal for your....
    By Problem in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 03:58 AM
  2. Normal TSH, low FT4/FT3
    By MyRevolution in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
  3. Normal TSH, low FT4/FT3
    By MyRevolution in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0