Free And Bioavailable Testosterone

Jupiter

Awards
albumin 4.6 g/dl
shbg 24.22 nmol/l
testosterone 239 ng/dl

free testosterone 5.26 ng/dl=2.2%
bioavailable testosterone 132 ng/dl=55.1%

What does all this mean? can i figure out how much supplemental testosterone i should be taking?

thanks in advance.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
albumin 4.6 g/dl
shbg 24.22 nmol/l
testosterone 239 ng/dl

free testosterone 5.26 ng/dl=2.2%
bioavailable testosterone 132 ng/dl=55.1%

What does all this mean? can i figure out how much supplemental testosterone i should be taking?

thanks in advance.
shbg 24.22 nmol/l
Start with 160mg/week

best EOD schedule
2nd best 2x/week
3rd 1x/week

definitely do not go longer than 1x/week.

Retest after 6weeks to a 3 months

Strict even schedule is important in getting handle on things.

There is minimum required testing,
and
the more testing you can do, the better help you can figure.

Jupiter

Awards
Thanks JanSz.

I know in the past you some how figured out how one can find an approximate weekly testosterone dose based on the above. Do you still have that equation?

Jupiter

Awards
Woops! totally missed the "160/wk", sorry.

My doctor can have a compound pharmacy make testosterone decanoate. Would this allow me to inject 1x/wk and still maintain even levels?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Woops! totally missed the "160/wk", sorry.My doctor can have a compound pharmacy make testosterone decanoate. Would this allow me to inject 1x/wk and still maintain even levels?
If you are number chasing go ahead and be my guess. You will end up like a dog chasing it tail for long time.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Woops! totally missed the "160/wk", sorry.

My doctor can have a compound pharmacy make testosterone decanoate. Would this allow me to inject 1x/wk and still maintain even levels?
Personally I do not see much to gain by using specialty made testosterone.
There is lots of other factors that one have to deal with.
Unless you are getting better $$ deal.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Start with 100mgs for 6 weeks then retest from there taking 160 mgs is outrageous and can cause other hormones to be affect. If you are number chasing go ahead and be my guess. You will end up like a dog chasing it tail for long time.
I know Jan knows his stuff, but 180 mgs sounds like a lot to start to me.

Jan, sometimes the levels you recommend blow my mind. Maybe I am just uber conservative. I'm taking 75 mgs per week, along with 550 IUs of hCG, and my numbers look good. And my FT started off at a dismal.

We all respond differently, and that's why I think we should start off slow, under the care of a doctor. It's not one size fits all.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Jan, sometimes the levels you recommend blow my mind. Maybe I am just uber conservative. I'm taking 75 mgs per week, along with 550 IUs of hCG, and my numbers look good. And my FT started off at a dismal.

We all respond differently, and that's why I think we should start off slow, under the care of a doctor. It's not one size fits all.
Bottom line goal is to achieve desirable level of BioAvailableTestosterone.

So the dose size is ultimately govern by BAT test.

While on supplemental testosterone my goal is to be at the top of range on BAT, that is I want my
BAT~575
measured using test from Quest Diagnostics.

One can start at almost any reasonable place with Testosterone dose, do the blood test then make correction and so on.

It is iterative process.

Blood tests and doctors visits cost money.
So the second important goal is to get there with smallest number of iteractions.

I have described my reasoning in one of my posts.
If you feel my suggested (first time) dosing is too high,
start with lower dose.
-----------------------------------------------------
Now you have just raised my 160 and mis-qouting it as 180.
Probably typo.

If your numbers look good and you feel good, keep at it, do not change anything.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

If i did not have this estrogen issue i would love to push my HCG higher to see if my test raises and this way i could reduce the test and run more off the hcg which would identify me as secondary which I was in the begnining but this was never thoroghly explored. If it was then my whole TRT would be alot different that for sure..

Jansz being that high may not be suitable for your body and chasing numbers is only throwing your estrodial, cortisol, thyroid levels all out of wack. You are not a bodybuilder, or compeitive athlete at 67 years old so you do not have to have these "superman levels" that only <1% of the population are gentically gifted to have in the first place. If they where meant to have those levels there other system would be designed to compensate for them. When you start going above you biological predetermined levels you are causing more endocrine imbalancesw which requires more meds and more variable. By pushing your body to these high levels its only going to cause more problems in the long run. Your testosterone should be at 500-600 at the trough and in this case you could stop the armidex probably completely and even lower your cortisol, and stress could be taken off the thyroid. By lower testosterone levels to a more realistic level and bringing DHEA and other hormones into balance you will achieve a much better quaility of life and less stress trying to have the perfect levels.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bottom line goal is to achieve desirable level of BioAvailableTestosterone.

So the dose size is ultimately govern by BAT test.

While on supplemental testosterone my goal is to be at the top of range on BAT, that is I want my
BAT~575
measured using test from Quest Diagnostics.

One can start at almost any reasonable place with Testosterone dose, do the blood test then make correction and so on.

It is iterative process.

Blood tests and doctors visits cost money.
So the second important goal is to get there with smallest number of iteractions.

I have described my reasoning in one of my posts.
If you feel my suggested (first time) dosing is too high,
start with lower dose.
-----------------------------------------------------
Now you have just raised my 160 and mis-qouting it as 180.
Probably typo.

If your numbers look good and you feel good, keep at it, do not change anything.
When I said 180, I was thinking of your dose (178) sorry.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
When I said 180, I was thinking of your dose (178) sorry.
I knew that it must have been something like that.

One more time, the doses that I post from time to time for people starting on TRT are ment to get one to the proper level quicker, saving time and money.
I do not advocate any "superman levels".
Bottom line, and a goal, as always, is a blood test and achievement of desired BAT level.

Looking at someones TotalT levels is misleading because of variable SHBG levels.

Supplementation with testosterone should always be a second choice, first being ones own T production.