Ways to reduce DHEA and Cortisol

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  165 lbs.

Ways to reduce DHEA and Cortisol

My results from Rhein show that my DHEA and Cortisol are WAY OUT OF RANGE:

DHEA 7821 (5 - 1476) !!!
    Cortisol 189 (35 - 168)

Is DHEA of that level bad? What does it mean? I know high cortisol isn't good.... any way to reduce these levels to healthy/normal amounts? I assume reducing stress would help cortisol... I exercise 1-2 times a week, not as much as I used to since I goto grad part-time in the evenings on top of a full-time job. I maintain a pretty healthy diet and try not to skip meals. I've heard yoga is a great stress-reliever.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

That is really high DHEA, not to scare you but don't mess around, you should see an endocrinologist and have the test repeated, maybe an adrenal MRI.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Terp03 View Post
    My results from Rhein show that my DHEA and Cortisol are WAY OUT OF RANGE:

DHEA 7821 (5 - 1476) !!!
    Cortisol 189 (35 - 168)

Is DHEA of that level bad? What does it mean? I know high cortisol isn't good.... any way to reduce these levels to healthy/normal amounts? I assume reducing stress would help cortisol... I exercise 1-2 times a week, not as much as I used to since I goto grad part-time in the evenings on top of a full-time job. I maintain a pretty healthy diet and try not to skip meals. I've heard yoga is a great stress-reliever.
    You could try Relora. A bunch of idiots may chime in and say, "WAIT A MINUTE! RELORA HAS BEEN SHOWN TO INCREASE DHEA! BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Relora is an ADAPTOGEN and balances out whacky hormone levels. The people that experienced lowered cortisol levels and elevated DHEA levels are those that suffered the opposite (high cort/low DHEA).

Relora can't hurt. Run a month of it and re-test and report back with your results.
    Freedom means nothing here.
    •   

4. Elite Member

what did your dr say?
    If it is the dr I think it is then you need to let him handle this instead of non medical experts. People need to put more faith in there drs or find another one. How soon did you stop your supplementation of dhea? Your cortisol may be elevates only at night time because i find this occurance very common and correcting proper night time cortisol seems to help resolve the issue. Dhea elevated is a sign that adrenals is under stress and also check insulin resistance.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  165 lbs.

This was from a 24 hour urine analysis. Doctor Shippen said the DHEA was from a high level of stress (which I'm under) - but that number is alarmingly high. I got myself into this mess by taking Saw Palmetto for 9 days... I don't know why I had such an adverse reaction to it but I've been in hell the last 2+ months because of it. I was not taking any other supplements besides Fish Oil and a multivitamin.
  6. Elite Member

This was from a 24 hour urine analysis. Doctor Shippen said the DHEA was from a high level of stress (which I'm under) - but that number is alarmingly high. I got myself into this mess by taking Saw Palmetto for 9 days... I don't know why I had such an adverse reaction to it but I've been in hell the last 2+ months because of it. I was not taking any other supplements besides Fish Oil and a multivitamin.
    Elevated dhea is a signal to body to put up more resistance to stress or even a possible hidden infections. and prolong elevated dhea is releated to insulin resistance. Why did the saw palmento affect you I notice when I stopped sawpamlento my strength gains went up and e2 symptoms are not as pronunced. This aroused my curosity too
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  165 lbs.

I had lower libido and some mild ED while on it - thought best to get off it was because I didn't feel like it was safe. After I stopped, my entire body crashed and I'm essentially a Finasteride horror story despite never touching the stuff. I just don't understand and everyday has been a living hell since then... I was only on it for 9 days btw.
  8. Banned

i take dhea pills
  9. New Member

I don't get why people take some of the herbal supplements like saw palmetto. That is why that disclaimer about it not being evaluated by the FDA should be taken serious.

I wouldn't put anything in my body it just doesn't need. Multi vitamins and certain things are proven to not have any real side effects in reasonable dosages..but things like saw palmetto are real scary, you just don't know the reaction you will have compared to someone else.

That DHEA is out of whack, I would get a blood retest.

How do you feel by the way?
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
    I don't get why people take some of the herbal supplements like saw palmetto. That is why that disclaimer about it not being evaluated by the FDA should be taken serious.
    After I had a bad reaction to DIM I am the same, I think it actually raised my E2.
  11. New Member

I saw Dr. John this AM for the first time and he told me to stop taking Saw Palmetto.......and I always heard it was good for prostate health.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ways to reduce SD effects
    By liftin4fun in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 11:43 PM
  2. Best steroid to reduce cortisol ?
    By Skullcrushers in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 06:27 PM
  3. A Dozen Ways To Reduce Stress
    By jjohn in forum News and Articles