Can you have too much GABA?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I always feel like my brain is suppressed. It is like I am in a fog and just can not snap out of it. The below passage has me wondering if it is possible to have too much GABA? I have been supplmeneting 3 grams per night for years and it has had a calming effect.

As a side note....my HGH is above range and GABA supposedly encourages this.

"In other words, alcohol consumption creates a demand for more GABA. GABA is a neurotransmitter responsible for restricting, or depressing the excitability of our brain. Glutamate is the Neurotransmitter that has the opposite effect as it is responsible for brain excitability and can be increased through the intake of various stimulants. It now gets a bit complex."

The side effects of Alcohol on bodybuilding

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Not much GABA usually makes it into the brain, so it seems unlikely that it would build up. You could take a neurotransmitter test to find out your GABA level. Here is one:

NeuroScan Neurotransmitter Test

krazy

Awards
The GABA you supplement orally does not cross the blood-brain barrier and, therefore, would not make your GABA neurotransmitter levels rise.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
The GABA you supplement orally does not cross the blood-brain barrier and, therefore, would not make your GABA neurotransmitter levels rise.
If that is the case, am I wasting money by taking it at all?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If that is the case, am I wasting money by taking it at all?
If it 's worth it to you. It does raises gh for 30 minutes 5.5 x's normal level, only for half an hour than gh goes back to baseline.

it also does have a calming effect. Ive used it for two years. I still use it from time to time.

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
I wonder how it's able to create the calming effect without crossing the blood-brain barrier.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love gaba, and it's calming effect before bed is priceless. Buy bulk at nutra and its dirt cheap.....5 bucks gor 100 grams. Take it WITH OTHER things to boost GH..;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I love gaba, and it's calming effect before bed is priceless. Buy bulk at nutra and its dirt cheap.....5 bucks gor 100 grams. Take it WITH OTHER things to boost GH..;)
Synergy? :run: