thyroid hormones

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
would having low levels of thyroid hormones affect strength?? i was out for about a week and the weights started to get really heavy.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
let me clarify. im taking synthroid at 100mcg qd, but like i said i was out for a week or more. would that affect my strength??

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
anyone???
Yes with low thyroid you most likely have adrenal imbalnaces and can have mitochondrial dysfuctions because t3 needs to enter into the cell to do metabolic activites.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks matrix. i got a blood test at a new doctor for thyroid. i hoping he will use armour, instead of synthroid.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
thanks matrix. i got a blood test at a new doctor for thyroid. i hoping he will use armour, instead of synthroid.
If it is not too late ask for the total thyroid panel,
or ask for second test.

T3 Free
T3,Total
T4,Free
reverse T3 (rT3)
TSH
Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (7260X)

Also important:
Interactions: (iodine, selenium, zinc, copper)
ie; at least above four have to be in proper balance.

Look also here:

http://www.matrixnutritionandfitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9506&postcount=1

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i do know he wouldnt run a reverse t3(VA doc), but he should have run the rest.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
If not then you may want to seek alterntatice measures. Little do people know that a supplement comparative to armour is on the market, but it is hidden from FDA HAHA
I have had alot of people use it in conjunction with synthroid and eventually with drs supervision where able to reduce or even swtich completely from synthroid to it. Proiblem is that is standardized but i am sure every batch may not be the same and thats down fall of natural products..I am going to be using it more and more for people that are borderline and expereinceing hypothryoid symptoms as a natural booster along with iodoral..