% free testosterone - AnabolicMinds.com

% free testosterone

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

% free testosterone

if i have low shbg(below normal), and have a high free testosterone, does that mean my total testosterone doesent need to be in the higher ranges for my body to function optimally??? ive been off testosterone cyp shots for over 4wks and just today stopped my clomid/nolva doses. my testes are the fullest ive seen them since 18yrs old. im continuing to make strength gains every week in the gym. im hoping my restart works, the only other problem i have is getting my doc to switch to armour thyroid or cytomel instead of synthroid.

2. New Member

I would like to know that also, good question! I have free test in the mid scale range, but low normal total test & low shbg. I have been suffering from low libido and have to wonder if my total test was almost double to be at the top of the range if that would alleviate my symptoms.
  3. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    I would like to know that also, good question! I have free test in the mid scale range, but low normal total test & low shbg. I have been suffering from low libido and have to wonder if my total test was almost double to be at the top of the range if that would alleviate my symptoms.
    Low shbg is more refelctive of your diet. If you have low shbg you probably have insulin issues going and that dr's have not thorughly investigated as usually. Examine your diet and you will probably find your answer to low SHBG.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

didnt think low shbg was a bad thing. how does it affect insulin?? i usually eat alot of veggies, and that does lower shbg. i dont consume alot of sugar but i do have a problem with fat in the midsection, its really the only fat part on me. what kind of treatment would i be looking at, if insulin is out of wack??
  5. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller View Post
    didnt think low shbg was a bad thing. how does it affect insulin?? i usually eat alot of veggies, and that does lower shbg. i dont consume alot of sugar but i do have a problem with fat in the midsection, its really the only fat part on me. what kind of treatment would i be looking at, if insulin is out of wack??
    veggies and fiber reduces insulin. Insulin decreases shbg.
    I find this very common in people. Women with PCOS are told to increase fiber intake why because it decreases the androgens and increases free e2.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

well it appears my restart is a bust. balls are back in my stomach, no libido, soft erections, lost at least 20-30 lbs on all major lifts, and im getting depressed again. dont see my endo till may16, but im looking for other options. i have worked so hard in the gym to get my strength up and i was so happy, now im contemplating using superdrol to get back to where i was so i wont stay depressed.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what's best for increasing free testosterone
    By packers6211 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 08:16 PM
  2. Bioavailable vs free testosterone
    By MikeM72 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 06:47 PM
  3. low 'free testosterone' score
    By 5luke2 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine