Switching from Crisler Protocol to hCG Monotherapy???

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking to the board for the wisdom of this contemplated change. My reasoning is that since I have to take Arimidex in any event, why not just take a higher dose of hCG and drop the 75 mgs of T-Cyp per week. Right now I am taking hCG at 500 IUs per week. Also taking .25 mgs of Arimidex EOD.

I suppose I may feel like crap for a couple of weeks as the T drops from not taking the T Cyp. Think I have read something to this effect. Wondering if a taper off the T Cyp would make sense. But after that, is there a fair prospect I will feel just as good, with one less med? I have heard anecdotally that hCG monotherapy doesn't bring the same sense of wellbeing as hCG/T-cyp.

Would appreciate Colkurtz thoughts, as I believe he made the change.

Thanks in advance.
J

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Looking to the board for the wisdom of this contemplated change. My reasoning is that since I have to take Arimidex in any event, why not just take a higher dose of hCG and drop the 75 mgs of T-Cyp per week. Right now I am taking hCG at 500 IUs per week. Also taking .25 mgs of Arimidex EOD.

I suppose I may feel like crap for a couple of weeks as the T drops from not taking the T Cyp. Think I have read something to this effect. Wondering if a taper off the T Cyp would make sense. But after that, is there a fair prospect I will feel just as good, with one less med? I have heard anecdotally that hCG monotherapy doesn't bring the same sense of wellbeing as hCG/T-cyp.

Thanks in advance.
J
Right now I am taking hCG at 500 IUs per week. Also taking .25 mgs of Arimidex EOD.

That is not "Crisler Protocol".

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established

Thanks in advance.
J
If your condition is secondary it should work for you. Much depends on how well your testes work. I felt fine when I made the switch, but I was on a high dose. I tried to restart my HPTA and re-establish baselines. I took a month off of everything after that and crashed. Once I got back on the HCG I felt great. In my case I had a much higher sense of wellbeing than I had on testosterone, but keep in mind that I did not combine regular use of HCG during my year on TRT. After a year of HCG I stopped and my baselines returned to normal without the crash I had experienced from testosterone withdrawal.

I don't know why it is said that test gives you a better sense of well being than HCG. Maybe those who have tried did not use the correct dose. No matter what your decision is I would recommend the advice of a physician. I spent close to a year on 8000 IUs per week with 10,000 during the first 2 months. Many here would disagree with this method. I did it under the advice of a doctor. I'm not sure he would prescribe the same for someone else.

In December I began the HCG protocol once more, but at a much lower dose and achieved very good levels. I feel great. My weight has gone up 15 lbs, but my waistline is unchanged. I've experienced a much higher libido on HCG than I did on test. My mind is sharp, and as I've stated before my sense of wellbeing is very high.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Right now I am taking hCG at 500 IUs per week. Also taking .25 mgs of Arimidex EOD.

That is not "Crisler Protocol".
Actually, Jans, 100-150 mgs of T Cyp and 500 IUs hCG is loosely referred to as the Crisler protocol. Dr. M prescribed it to me, and used that precise term. Certainly others prescribe it, but Crisler popularized it on these board.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If your condition is secondary it should work for you. Much depends on how well your testes work. I felt fine when I made the switch, but I was on a high dose. I tried to restart my HPTA and re-establish baselines. I took a month off of everything after that and crashed. Once I got back on the HCG I felt great. In my case I had a much higher sense of wellbeing than I had on testosterone, but keep in mind that I did not combine regular use of HCG during my year on TRT. After a year of HCG I stopped and my baselines returned to normal without the crash I had experienced from testosterone withdrawal.

I don't know why it is said that test gives you a better sense of well being than HCG. Maybe those who have tried did not use the correct dose. No matter what your decision is I would recommend the advice of a physician. I spent close to a year on 8000 IUs per week with 10,000 during the first 2 months. Many here would disagree with this method. I did it under the advice of a doctor. I'm not sure he would prescribe the same for someone else.

In December I began the HCG protocol once more, but at a much lower dose and achieved very good levels. I feel great. My weight has gone up 15 lbs, but my waistline is unchanged. I've experienced a much higher libido on HCG than I did on test. My mind is sharp, and as I've stated before my sense of wellbeing is very high.
Colkurtz, I am under the care of a doctor. If I were to attempt the monotherapy, it would be along the lines of your current routine. I prefer less medicine, so that would be my motivation -- getting rid of the T Cyp. It's obvious to me that I am very responsive to the hCG; the only issue is E2, and now that I am taking Arimidex, that is not an issue.

So, you would not expect a temporary large drop in T for me, if I removed the T Cyp from my regimen contemporaneous with cranking up the hCG?

Thanks for your feedback.

Trevor Miller

Trevor Miller

Awards
I'm a patient of Dr. Crisler's as well, for around 5 months now. We are still searching for the correct dose of Test Cyp, HCG and Arimidex to put me at therapeutic levels for the long run......but I have "passed through" those levels a couple of times and I felt great.....now we just have to find the dose to keep me there instead of passing through it. I think I am HIGHLY sensitive to E2 levels.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Colkurtz, I am under the care of a doctor. If I were to attempt the monotherapy, it would be along the lines of your current routine. I prefer less medicine, so that would be my motivation -- getting rid of the T Cyp. It's obvious to me that I am very responsive to the hCG; the only issue is E2, and now that I am taking Arimidex, that is not an issue.

So, you would not expect a temporary large drop in T for me, if I removed the T Cyp from my regimen contemporaneous with cranking up the hCG?

Thanks for your feedback.
I've always maintained good levels on HCG alone. On larger doses TT has been as high as 1400 with FT at 425. It's the feedback from the rise in testosterone that causes an increase in E2.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Increase in DHT, perhaps? DHT = MAN JUICE! :)
My DHT level on the larger dose of HCG was above normal. It wasn't as bad as it was on the cream. I think any form of testosterone has the potential to raise DHT. Nevertheless, HCG was better for my libido. Sporting a giant sack of "man juice" will make you horny.