How much pregnelone and progesterone cream for Adrenal Fatigue?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
I have 50*100 pregnelone tablets
and some pregnelone cream

I was wondering how much i should use of each per day to help my adrenal glands. Have a feeling i have low cortisol levels with all the symptoms. I also have hypothyroidism which i have just started taking armour thyroid. Im simultaneous treating my thyroid (hasimoto's thyroiditis) and my adrenal glands.

Endo put only put me on T4 and sent me on my way, the idiot didnt say anything about my low t, low dhea levels and didnt check for reverse T3 pretty stupid.

Im 6"2 240lbs this is my second year bodybuilding for 3-4 days a week for about 70-75minutes a session. Im having trouble losing bodyfat and think that has to do with my adrenal glands and that i've been overtraining a bit.

Some general guidelines for dosages per day would be great :)

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
First off, I wouldn't ever use progesterone cream... its for chicks! My first doc recommended I try it for sleep and ended up with nipple gyno.

Pregnenolone cream or sublingual is good... I take 25mg sublingual/day. Pregnenolone pills are not absorbed well at all.

Also consider 25mg DHEA cream or sublingual if yours is low.

Get a saliva test for cortisol, you may need to take some isocort or even get a script for cortef.

Lastly, be sure to clear it all with your doc, or find a new one. I had to go through a few before I found one who knew what they were doing.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention im on AAS Test/Tren/Anavar 5th week adding 0.25mg letro EOD to cut the water and bloat. So you think progesterone cream isnt any good? I have read it helps get your thyroid back in order. Pregnelone i couldnt find the cream only the tabs but ill look around.

DHEA i have also considered but not sure because its a banned substance here in australia who knows it might make it through though.

for the pregenlone it says its micronized pregnelone 100mg tabs and to take 1 tab 1 to 3 times a day

The natural progesterone is (USP) 25mg per 1ml says to take 1-2ml's daily

If the progesterone cream converts to E then it will probably give gyno, but i already have the test im taking which arom's heavily and haven't had any problems so far without an AI, just addin the AI to cut the water/bloat.

Since i only have the pregnelone tablets right now what kind of absorption am i getting from each 100mg tablet any ideas?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention im on AAS Test/Tren/Anavar 5th week adding 0.25mg letro EOD to cut the water and bloat. So you think progesterone cream isnt any good? I have read it helps get your thyroid back in order. Pregnelone i couldnt find the cream only the tabs but ill look around.

DHEA i have also considered but not sure because its a banned substance here in australia who knows it might make it through though.

for the pregenlone it says its micronized pregnelone 100mg tabs and to take 1 tab 1 to 3 times a day

The natural progesterone is (USP) 25mg per 1ml says to take 1-2ml's daily

If the progesterone cream converts to E then it will probably give gyno, but i already have the test im taking which arom's heavily and haven't had any problems so far without an AI, just addin the AI to cut the water/bloat.

Since i only have the pregnelone tablets right now what kind of absorption am i getting from each 100mg tablet any ideas?
Yes come back when you get off the gear and have a base line reading when clean. You have to many varaibles going and it makes it impossible for a clincian to even think where to begin to handle this hormonal mess. Great take progesterone and you will end up have a nice titties that even girls be jealous of. I love how people take gear and have no clue on what hormonal pathway they are even dealing with. before playing with fire do your research because why don't you ever mix tren with deca?? Ask your self that question and you just answeered your own thread

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Matrix i understand what you're saying i've made some pretty stupid decisions.

I'll give you a run down of what's going on so you can give me some advice.

Im 6"2, 19 years old, 107kgs before i started this cycle now im at 117kgs after 4 weeks.

So last year in august i was about 106kgs not lean but not fat either. Well then i bought some clenbuterol and did a 2 week cycle i lost 4kgs and went to 102kg and looked great. After the two weeks the weight slowly crept back up again for no reason, i was eating clean as always and sticking to my diet. The i used clen for another two weeks and only lost 1kg. Then after using it the weight came back on again. After that i used some T3 for 35 days tapering up and down from 12.5mcg a day to 50mcg a day. I didn't do anything i only maintained weight while on then when i got off i went up to 110kgs fast!!!

I went to see an endo and he did a T.S.H and it was 7.72 and i had high amounts of thyroid peroxadise antibodies and he diagnosed it as hashimoto's thyroditis. Im not sure if this is a correct diagnosis since the stimulants could've made my T.S.H rise like that. He put me on T4 it worked for first few days then did **** all and made feel worse and put on weight! The weird thing is i put on weight prety much on my lower back area, not my gut. This is very weird and disturbing for me and im still having this problem. I think its because my adrenals are screwed and using any kind of stim is making me put on weight and feel worse.

I've had heaps of massive weight fluctuations so this might be adding to my problems now.

Ok so then 4 weeks ago i start using steroids (Yeah real smart). I used 500mg test 200mg of tren for the first 3 weeks, then 250mg test and 200mg tren for the 4th week. Im suppose to inject 250mg test and 200mg tomorrow but im calling this off. It was a stupid idea to start it in the first place and i now need to start doing things right.

For the first 2-3 weeks the steroids where working awesome. I was fuller and getting leaner. Then i suddenly lost my pump and was putting on weight again in my lower back. Again i think this has to do with my adrenals being screwed up and either high or low cortisol. Im honestly not eating that much either its bullshit. Today i stopped using the thyroxine because it simply is just making things worse.

Last year i was overtraining pretty bad even though i was only training 3 days a week i would do weights for 90 mintues then do cardio for 40minutes and not eat a postworkout meal right after. I was studying full-time and having to travel to my college, then to my gym which was pretty far away then back home. + the assignments etc. it just burnt me out.

Now im trying to train smarter 1hr max and minimise rest periods, training each bodypart once a week.

And is their any reason why i'm putting on weight particularly in my lower back i don't understand what's going on with that. Im leaner in other places and putting on weight their.

Where do i go from here? Any suggestions would be appreciated, i think i should use some Clomid and/or nolvadex to get myself back to normal ASAP.

Also heres my pre-cycle blood test the one the doctor did when he diagnosed hashimotos (thyroid auto-immune disease) after i had been using the clen and T3 for a while and overtraining a bit.

My latest blood tests:
(Blood test done in the early morning in a fasting state)

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) - 7.72 High 1-5 being normal
Free Thyroxine (T4) - 15.0
Triiodothyroxine Free (T3) - 5.2
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) - 5.4 *
Luteinising Hormone (LH) - 1.9 *
Prolactin = 105
Testosterone - 11.5 normal being 8 - 26 nmol/L
DHEAS - 4.5 *
Growth Hormone - 5.4
IGF-1 - 41.5

Immunology

Thyroglobulin Antibodies - 48 *
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies - 2069 Very High

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Some additional info.

Right now im supplmenting with fish oil/Flaxseed oil 2 tbsp of flax oil and about 10 fish oil capsules daily. Vitamin C 2g a day, B Vitamin Complex, Liver tablets (milk thistle) and multivitamin. Also Whey protein usually.

My diet consists of egg whites, chicken breast, lean beef, tuna, oatmeal, cornmeal (grits), rice, potatoes, rice and corn cakes, fruits and vegetables and skim milk.

I eat mostly protein and some healthy fats and a bit of carbs now and then.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
I see pharma grade pregnelone cream is the way to go, but ive also found dermacrine sustain which has preg, dhea and a few other things.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix. The endo put me on 100mg of T4 daily but i find it isn't working and actually slowing my metabolism down even further. I suspect it has to do with adrenal insufficency from the overtraining, undereating etc.

Im going to try to get a 24hr cortisol saliva test and maybe a ACTH stimulation test as well to see whats really going on. Also i want to check for Reverse T3.

I've read small amounts of cortisol are good for depleted adrenals so im thinking of trying Isocort or maybe Hydrocortisone if my tests come up low which i suspect they will. I've tried to reduce stress in my life, eat properly and supplement well and have a good sleeping schedule but it just isn't working and i can't get my weight down no matter how hard i try.

Your right about the hashimoto's being genetic my dad also has the disease. So hopefully ill try some cortisol then slowly add armour thyroid in.

What other tests would be benefical that i haven't done yet so i can find out why my metabolism has gone to ****?

E2, Free T, SHBG maybe...

I've had a glucose tolerance test and it came back normal to rule out insulin resistance, i've also had highly elevated AST and ALT liver values in my previous blood tests from unknown reasons.

Do you think 4 weeks after using nolvadex my blood work will be back to normal?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix. The endo put me on 100mg of T4 daily but i find it isn't working and actually slowing my metabolism down even further. I suspect it has to do with adrenal insufficency from the overtraining, undereating etc.

Im going to try to get a 24hr cortisol saliva test and maybe a ACTH stimulation test as well to see whats really going on. Also i want to check for Reverse T3.

I've read small amounts of cortisol are good for depleted adrenals so im thinking of trying Isocort or maybe Hydrocortisone if my tests come up low which i suspect they will. I've tried to reduce stress in my life, eat properly and supplement well and have a good sleeping schedule but it just isn't working and i can't get my weight down no matter how hard i try.

Your right about the hashimoto's being genetic my dad also has the disease. So hopefully ill try some cortisol then slowly add armour thyroid in.

What other tests would be benefical that i haven't done yet so i can find out why my metabolism has gone to ****?

E2, Free T, SHBG maybe...

I've had a glucose tolerance test and it came back normal to rule out insulin resistance, i've also had highly elevated AST and ALT liver values in my previous blood tests from unknown reasons.

Do you think 4 weeks after using nolvadex my blood work will be back to normal?
4 weeks off nolvedex and you will be of estrogen to properly test

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
4 weeks off nolvadex meaning 4 weeks after i finish using nolvadex i can go for a blood test?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
4 weeks off nolvadex meaning 4 weeks after i finish using nolvadex i can go for a blood test?
Yes this should be enough time for estogens to be cleared out of body. The t-4 could not be the best mix for you due to stressing your adrenals. 24 hour cortisol saliva would be a good place to start and if this is low all through out then a follow up with 24 hour urine would clincally verify it. Before attempting to self treat adrenals make sure that this is the cause of your issue before just assuming it.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Im pretty sure it is, but it'll definitly verify it first. I've stopped using the T4 and already feel better so that's a sign its something to do with the adrenals. Basically if im taking t4 and have low cortisol the thyroid hormone just builds up in my blood and i can't get the hormone to the cells because of the cortisol. So something like armour with isocort of hydrocortisone would be the thing i need most likely.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Im pretty sure it is, but it'll definitly verify it first. I've stopped using the T4 and already feel better so that's a sign its something to do with the adrenals. Basically if im taking t4 and have low cortisol the thyroid hormone just builds up in my blood and i can't get the hormone to the cells because of the cortisol. So something like armour with isocort of hydrocortisone would be the thing i need most likely.
Examine ferrritin levels could mimic hyothyroid or adrenal issues
should be be about 135-150 to be optimal levels

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I see pharma grade pregnelone cream is the way to go, but ive also found dermacrine sustain which has preg, dhea and a few other things.

The regular Dermacrine does have pregnenolone -- plenty of it.

Men dont ever want to go too high on either topical progesterone or pregnenolone. When pregnenolone is taken topically it readily interacts 3b-HSD and converts to progesterone very rapidly. Torpical progesterone is also very easily over dosed.

The only time a guy should ever consider topical preg or progesterone cream is if there is some heavy exogenous androgens being administered, in which case you would need balanced progesterone levels for 5-alpha reductase reduction. (the reason we include pregnenolone in Dermacrine)

-Pp

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Is their any way you can put on bodyfat even if your eating under maintenance?

Because i feel like ive put on fat in my lower back, inner thighs and obliques even though im eating all clean and not much.

I made the mistake of using a aromatizing steroid such as testosterone and not using an AI with it, so i think my estradiol levels r sky high and the test is converting to estro causing fat gain.

Opinions?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is their any way you can put on bodyfat even if your eating under maintenance?

Because i feel like ive put on fat in my lower back, inner thighs and obliques even though im eating all clean and not much.

I made the mistake of using a aromatizing steroid such as testosterone and not using an AI with it, so i think my estradiol levels r sky high and the test is converting to estro causing fat gain.

Opinions?
I could see this happening if you reduced protein intake too much. (protein having a positive metabolic effect)

-Pp

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Protein/veg is basically all im eating with fish oil throughout the day. And maybe one carb meal a day.

My abdominal region is leaner then when i started, but everything else isn't. So this tells me i must just be holding a boatload of water