Air bubble in subq

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Today I noticed an air bubble in the syringe that wouldn't get out, so I threw the syringe away and tried again, and the same problem.

I am using 27gauge 1ml syringes and the air bubble stays at the top of the syringe but when I flick it and squirt it doesn't move up to where the needle is, it just stays put, so I flicked it to the other side of the needle and just didn't inject the last .1ml where the bubble is.

Any1 had this before?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
A little air will not hurt anything. It would take over 200 cc's of air to kill you and only if injecting intravenously. Relax bro.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A little air will not hurt anything. It would take over 200 cc's of air to kill you and only if injecting intravenously. Relax bro.
Agreed

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I noticed an air bubble in the syringe that wouldn't get out, so I threw the syringe away and tried again, and the same problem.

I am using 27gauge 1ml syringes and the air bubble stays at the top of the syringe but when I flick it and squirt it doesn't move up to where the needle is, it just stays put, so I flicked it to the other side of the needle and just didn't inject the last .1ml where the bubble is.

Any1 had this before?
When you draw, hold the botttle upside down,and draw 1/2 cc past the dose you want. Then push the rest back into the bottle. You should have zero air in the syringe.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys for clearing that up.

And thanks again TripDog thats a good idea.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
When you draw, hold the botttle upside down,and draw 1/2 cc past the dose you want. Then push the rest back into the bottle. You should have zero air in the syringe.
That's what I do too as well. Works like a charm.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trevor Miller

Trevor Miller

Awards
Hell, I make sure I have a small air bubble in my Test Cyp injections and my HCG injections. When injecting....make sure the bubble is the LAST thing to go in and it will actually help prevent and of the med from leaking back out.

I am a nurse and this is a method we are taught in school to prevent leakage of insulin and other injections that we give patients. Some pre-filled syringes that we use in the hospital, namely Lovenox, come with a small nitrogen bubble already in place for this very reason.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell, I make sure I have a small air bubble in my Test Cyp injections and my HCG injections. When injecting....make sure the bubble is the LAST thing to go in and it will actually help prevent and of the med from leaking back out.

I am a nurse and this is a method we are taught in school to prevent leakage of insulin and other injections that we give patients. Some pre-filled syringes that we use in the hospital, namely Lovenox, come with a small nitrogen bubble already in place for this very reason.
No need, keep the syringe in for at least 30 seconds after the inject, and make sure the muscle is not flexed, both on the inject, and extraction.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No need, keep the syringe in for at least 30 seconds after the inject, and make sure the muscle is not flexed, both on the inject, and extraction.
It's a close call, following the lead of you (based on your pic, whatever you are doing is obviously working for you) versus a nurse, but I think I'll have to go with the nurse.:toofunny:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a close call, following the lead of you (based on your pic, whatever you are doing is obviously working for you) versus a nurse, but I think I'll have to go with the nurse.:toofunny:
My brother and mother are nurses........Trauma1...(my brother)

Trevor Miller

Trevor Miller

Awards
My brother and mother are nurses........Trauma1...(my brother)
No matter what type of nurses they are, I can promise you that they don't leave ANY needle in place for 30 seconds after an injection. To be honest, you saying this is THE first time I have ever heard this.

A trauma nurse has TONS of stuff to worry about, and will NEVER have 30 seconds to spare in an emergency to leave a needle in place after injection. 30 seconds is a lifetime. Besides, any decent nurse will know the Z-track technique if they are worried about an injection leaking back out.

I'm not here to argue though, just to offer 8 years of ICU nursing experience.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Thank you Trevor.

You have solved one of my problems.

MuscleChatRoom.com