Saw Palmetto - Losing Mass

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Yeah, but I had 428 BEFORE Saw Palmetto... it was naturally low to begin with but I was able to sexually function OK, sleep well, have morning/spontaneous erections, build muscle, have energy, etc. Some people are able to function fine at this level even though it may seem low to others.

Prior to SP, I had low libido (which I blame on long-term AD use - see PSSD, Paxil is a sex-drive killer) and depression (from hair loss and a breakup), but the low test could've attributed to both of these factors as well. I was never horny while on Paxil and even when I came off of it my libido just wasn't what it used to be (but at least some existed compared to now).

It has been theorized that long-term AD use can lower one's Testoserone levels, right?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Terp03 View Post
    Yeah, but I had 428 BEFORE Saw Palmetto... it was naturally low to begin with but I was able to sexually function OK, sleep well, have morning/spontaneous erections, build muscle, have energy, etc. Some people are able to function fine at this level even though it may seem low to others.

Prior to SP, I had low libido (which I blame on long-term AD use - see PSSD, Paxil is a sex-drive killer) and depression (from hair loss and a breakup), but the low test could've attributed to both of these factors as well. I was never horny while on Paxil and even when I came off of it my libido just wasn't what it used to be (but at least some existed compared to now).

It has been theorized that long-term AD use can lower one's Testoserone levels, right?
    Before you may have had different SHBG, much lower.
    Now you have it very high.
    I have edited the chart, on post #56 this thread, to address what I will say now.

What counts is
    BAT -- BioAvailableTestosterone.
    second choice
    FreeT -- Free Testosterone

Now you have
    SHBG=40 high
    FreeT= 80 very small

Previously you may have had
    SHBG=20 or even less
    that would have given you
    FreeT=115 big difference

============================== ===========
    Biggest bang for the $$$ you will get if you do the
    NutrEval
    test that I mentioned.
    It would clarify many of your inbalances.
    •   

3. How would I go about ordering these tests? What is the cost? Don't you need a doctor to order them or do you just call them up and order them yourself?

Would a lack of Free T cause some of these symptoms?

I've read Danazol lowers SHBG thereby freeing up Free T, could be something to look into.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Terp03 View Post
    How would I go about ordering these tests? What is the cost? Don't you need a doctor to order them or do you just call them up and order them yourself?

Would a lack of Free T cause some of these symptoms?

I've read Danazol lowers SHBG thereby freeing up Free T, could be something to look into.
    Of course FreeT is THE reason.
    Actually it is BAT, BioAvailableTestosterone.

SHBG is an indicator of your overall health.
    If you attack SHBG directly, you may not find out other problems that you have.

Those tests have to be ordered by a health provider that have account at Genova Daignostics.

You can get list of names by e-mail if you contact them.

Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventative Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

Contact Us - Diagnostic Laboratory Testing - Genova Diagnostics
    Contact Client Services - Genova Diagnostics

If there is a choice, personally I would give a preference to an ostheopath or MD who also deals with TRT, but that is just convenience.

-------
    Genova is very adamant about getting insurance coverage if possible.
    They file them selves for some insurance companies.
    They give a doctor vey specific instructions about ICD-9 coding, so there is high likelyhood of getting paid.

This is my experience. I did number of those tests, my out of pocket costs are under $50.

You can look at my test reports on this thread:

JanSz-Metabolic Analysis and Cellular Energy

It is a learning exprience for me.
    So I did not started with tests that I am suggesting for you, but my tests are within NutrEval set of tests.

If it mean anything, I have at home kits for NutrEval and Thyroid tests. Have appointment to do them in less than 2 weeks.
    ============================== =======

I see your posts on dr John bb.
    **************.com

**************.com

http://www.matrix nutrition and fitness.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13184#post131 84

Per his adamant request, I am not allowed to talk about Genova Diagnostics on his site.
    Thought that you may want to know about it.

As you see, even here I am not able to spell his name, it gets all astericked

All I know is that Genova raised my pines to action, so it is on good side in my book.

I wish you well.

5. So???

What happened?

Are you ok now
    •   

6. I have been suffering from this for almost a decade now. We are suffering from 5ar syndrome. The only hope is the Post Finasteride Foundation as doctors have no clue...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trimming down without losing muscle mass
    By coverlay in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 08:28 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
  3. Saw Palmetto - Losing Mass
    By Terp03 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 01:28 PM