Hcg and weight loss cure book.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I decided to post this here because I thought some of you guys would have had more experience with hcg. Has anyone use HCG as recommended in "The Weight Loss Cure" book? I know it probably flies in the face of what most bodybuilders have come to believe as the proper way to both use hcg and diet, but I'm very curious as to any real world results from the protocol outlined in the book. Just in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, the book recommends 150-200 iu's of hcg a day till you reach your weight loss goal and along with the hcg a 500 cal a day diet(gasp). The theory is hcg puts your body in an emergency type mode where subq fat will be preferably burnt before muscle or structual fat, and you lose 1 pound a day of pure lard.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I decided to post this here because I thought some of you guys would have had more experience with hcg. Has anyone use HCG as recommended in "The Weight Loss Cure" book? I know it probably flies in the face of what most bodybuilders have come to believe as the proper way to both use hcg and diet, but I'm very curious as to any real world results from the protocol outlined in the book. Just in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, the book recommends 150-200 iu's of hcg a day till you reach your weight loss goal and along with the hcg a 500 cal a day diet(gasp). The theory is hcg puts your body in an emergency type mode where subq fat will be preferably burnt before muscle or structual fat, and you lose 1 pound a day of pure lard.
My doctor is testing 250IUs per day on a few TRT patients that need to loose weight. I don't think he has them on 500 calories per day (ouch!!).
I'll posts the results here along with details when they are available.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, I'm eager to see some real results from this!!

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
It's funny this came up because I am experiencing my own weight loss while on HCG.

I am currently doing 600iu of HCG EOD for TRT via sub-q shot in the gut. I started about 3 months ago and my total test went from low 300's to almost 700. I have been able to attain this test level on HCG alone (no Test).

Now, to be clear, I am eating normal (approx 2500 calories/day) - certainly not the 500 calories recommended by the book. Still, I have lost 15 pounds in these last 3 months having gone from 230 to 215 (I'm 6'3"). Most of my fat loss appears to be the stubborn belly fat area as I have lost 2 inches off my waist. It's well known that when your T/E ratio improves so does the fat partitioning of your body. I work out 4-5 times per week and have attributed my weight loss to my new favorable T/E ratio, better work outs, etc. Since HCG restored my testosterone levels I credit the HCG with my weight loss.

But starving yourself while doing HCG sounds kind of crazy and possibly counterproductive.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
It's funny this came up because I am experiencing my own weight loss while on HCG.

I am currently doing 600iu of HCG EOD for TRT via sub-q shot in the gut. I started about 3 months ago and my total test went from low 300's to almost 700. I have been able to attain this test level on HCG alone (no Test).

Now, to be clear, I am eating normal (approx 2500 calories/day) - certainly not the 500 calories recommended by the book. Still, I have lost 15 pounds in these last 3 months having gone from 230 to 215 (I'm 6'3"). Most of my fat loss appears to be the stubborn belly fat area as I have lost 2 inches off my waist. It's well known that when your T/E ratio improves so does the fat partioning of your body. I work out 4-5 times per week and have attributed my weight loss to my new favorable T/E ratio, better work outs, etc. Since HCG restored my testosterone levels I credit the HCG with my weight loss.

But starving yourself while doing HCG sounds kind of crazy and possibly counterproductive.
Are you injecting EOD or 3 times per week? Also, how close to you last shot are you drawing blood for the test.

Your weight loss is probably due to higher testosterone levels. We are around the same size. I may be an inch taller. I went from 228 to 239 on HCG.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
I went from 228 to 239 on HCG.
You gained 11 pounds on HCG?
I am injecting exactly EOD in the early morning, not 3 times a week. I have blood drawn the morning of a non-injection day so it's a little over 24 hours from my last injection.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
You gained 11 pounds on HCG?
I am injecting exactly EOD in the early morning, not 3 times a week. I have blood drawn the morning of a non-injection day so it's a little over 24 hours from my last injection.
My waistline didn't get larger so I assume it was muscle. I have been injecting twice a week (Tuesdays and Saturdays) and drawing Monday morning. I believe that levels are pretty high after 36 hours (I tested total 957 and free 233), so I've decided to split my doses and inject Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday. There's quite a spread between Tuesday and Saturday. My levels must have been dropping off.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established

Now, to be clear, I am eating normal (approx 2500 calories/day) - certainly not the 500 calories recommended by the book. Still, I have lost 15 pounds in these last 3 months having gone from 230 to 215 (I'm 6'3"). Most of my fat loss appears to be the stubborn belly fat area as I have lost 2 inches off my waist. It's well known that when your T/E ratio improves so does the fat partitioning of your body. I work out 4-5 times per week and have attributed my weight loss to my new favorable T/E ratio, better work outs, etc. Since HCG restored my testosterone levels I credit the HCG with my weight loss.

Here's what "the weight loss cure" book says on why it works, to paraphrase, hcg presence in the blood is the direct cause of weight loss, not through increasing tesotosterone. Nature apparently designed hcg to pull fat stores out of pregnant woman when they were in a starvation situation as a survival mechanism to deliver a healthy baby even in the most harsh conditions. This is a very novel idea for me anyway, and if it pans out to be true in the real world, it is a secret diet cure.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Here's what "the weight loss cure" book says on why it works, to paraphrase, hcg presence in the blood is the direct cause of weight loss, not through increasing tesotosterone. Nature apparently designed hcg to pull fat stores out of pregnant woman when they were in a starvation situation as a survival mechanism to deliver a healthy baby even in the most harsh conditions. This is a very novel idea for me anyway, and if it pans out to be true in the real world, it is a secret diet cure.
Sorry...I didn't mean to hijack your thread. We are both using it for TRT and were comparing notes. I should have used PM.

My doc is trying to administer it daily for both purposes on some of his patients. I'd be concerned about elevated E2 levels if used for fat loss only. Eventually elevated testosterone levels lead to and increase in estrogen. I don't think it would be wise to pursue this without the proper testing. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
Sorry...I didn't mean to hijack your thread. We are both using it for TRT and were comparing notes. I should have used PM.

My doc is trying to administer it daily for both purposes on some of his patients. I'd be concerned about elevated E2 levels if used for fat loss only. Eventually elevated testosterone levels lead to and increase in estrogen. I don't think it would be wise to pursue this without the proper testing. That's my opinion for what it's worth.
\

Oh no, I appreciate the feedback you gave!! I was just trying to get accross that the fat loss may not be because of testosterone increase. Please post any info or real life results you have had with hcg.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
I read a little about what the book is based on. It's really based on the studies of this dude named Dr. A.T.W. Simeons. I'm not sure what science there is to back it up, but anecdotally speaking it seems to work extremely well. There are a lot of forums that have some pretty dramatic before and after photos in the members picture section.

A lot of people are taking it Sub Lingual too. Interesting.

Joe

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats that about taking the hcg sublingually? watching some of the videos now...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
now this really has me curious, as I could kill 2 birds with one stone - see if the HCG helps me testostosterone wise, and also get the aid with fat loss, and do it sublingually. i'm reading more on this now :)

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I've saw a little on the sublingual method, and if I see more positive results from it, it may be worth trying, but as expensive as hcg is(at least without script) I would inject(you just use insulin needles). I think the hcg is just mixed with alcohol or collodial silver(whatever that is) and made into a type of tincture, and then placed under the tongue for a few minutes.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw it for around what would be $50 for a months worth, really not too bad at all :)

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I saw it for around what would be $50 for a months worth, really not too bad at all :)
That's a good deal if it includes shipping. The cheapest I've seen is 93.00 with shipping(at least from someone I trust).

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I've saw a little on the sublingual method, and if I see more positive results from it, it may be worth trying, but as expensive as hcg is(at least without script) I would inject(you just use insulin needles). I think the hcg is just mixed with alcohol or collodial silver(whatever that is) and made into a type of tincture, and then placed under the tongue for a few minutes.
Some mix it with Vodka as a tincture. It looks like it's supposed to reduce the potency and prevent raising testosterone.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
$15 shipping :) I may give it a whirl for $65, for oral style

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
It cost less than that for the real thing (injectable). Sub-Q, no pain.

Oral HCG sounds as questionable to me as oral HGH.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It cost less than that for the real thing (injectable). Sub-Q, no pain.

Oral HCG sounds as questionable to me as oral HGH.
this is injectible, taken orally. thats for 3 5000iu ampules. Theres a bunch of Yahoo Groups that are doing this. Most of them do pin, but a number take it sublingually. A few have tried it both ways and gotten similar results (weight loss speaking only)

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
this is injectible, taken orally. thats for 3 5000iu containers. Theres a bunch of Yahoo Groups that are doing this. Most of them do pin, but a number take it sublingually. A few have tried it both ways and gotten similar results (weight loss speaking only)
Sorry. Should have read the link before I posted.
Still I find it fascinating that HCG sublingual could be as effective as HCG injection. But it seems a more objective than qualitative comparison - although if they are losing weight, great!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, it mostly "seems" they are getting managing a Very Low Calorie Diet (500 cal a day) without a loss of muscle mass while taking it that way. Still hard to say for sure tho really, but then again for a $50-60 investment I may try it. Not going that freakin low, but maybe 1200 cal

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
this is injectible, taken orally. thats for 3 5000iu ampules. Theres a bunch of Yahoo Groups that are doing this. Most of them do pin, but a number take it sublingually. A few have tried it both ways and gotten similar results (weight loss speaking only)
It's taken orally to lower the dose and reduce its effect on your testosterone levels. There's clinical research available if you look. Had I known this would come up I would have saved it for you.

Quite frankly subq is pain free and probably a lot faster. You can barely feel the penetration of a 31 gage/ 5/16 inch needle. I'd also be careful about your source for HCG. Keep in mind there are two kinds - natural and synthetic. Lastly, if you're 40 years old and considering TRT you should only do it under the guidance of a physician with proper monitoring. HCG can over time time elevate E2 levels as well as DHT.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
yeah, it mostly "seems" they are getting managing a Very Low Calorie Diet (500 cal a day) without a loss of muscle mass while taking it that way. Still hard to say for sure tho really, but then again for a $50-60 investment I may try it. Not going that freakin low, but maybe 1200 cal
The data I read talked about over sized fat cells linked to obesity, and suggested that a 500 calorie per day diet was the prerequisite to eliminating them. There was specific data on those who followed the protocol on 1200 calorie diets. The double blind test revealed that both groups (those who used HCG and those who used BA water) achieved similar weight loss. In other words, you would need to drop your caloric intake to 500 to gain any advantage

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's taken orally to lower the dose and reduce its effect on your testosterone levels. There's clinical research available if you look. Had I known this would come up I would have saved it for you.

Quite frankly subq is pain free and probably a lot faster. You can barely feel the penetration of a 31 gage/ 5/16 inch needle. I'd also be careful about your source for HCG. Keep in mind there are two kinds - natural and synthetic. Lastly, if you're 40 years old and considering TRT you should only do it under the guidance of a physician with proper monitoring. HCG can over time time elevate E2 levels as well as DHT.
I'll have to hunt for those clinical results. i saw some, but only on women.

You are right in a general way though, I probably should just not do anything more extreme till I work out whether I am doing TRT or not. Cause if I do go on TRT, with a decent doctor, I shouldn't need to go crazy to get from where I am to day bf wise (17-19%) to where I want to be, and can do it while gaining lean mass :)

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
I read the same thing about it being necessary to go on a 500k/day diet that specifically follows this protocol.

The idea is based on what they think happens during pregnancy and is directly correlated to HCG release.

There does exist one special kind of nutritional emergency when all types of fat cells are immediately utilizable. During pregnancy every ounce of the normal reserve fat as well as the abnormal fixed deposits are placed at the disposal of the growing fetus. Simeons has suggested that it is the presence of large quantities of HCG during pregnancy that brings about this change through the hypothalamic center.
They think because you have access to all of these reserves that you force the body to utilize them. So in essence you LIVE off of your fat reserves. Meaning although your ingesting only 500k/day, some speculate that your body is accessing between 1,500 - 2,500 calories from your fat reserves. It's based on the fact that people can lose somewhere between .5-1lb of fat a day (too good to be true? probably).

I don't think anyone disagrees that it actually works for some people. The real question is the mechanism of action. Do they simply lose weight because of a drastically low calorie diet? How much muscle loss vs. fat do they lose?

I'm considering giving this a try for sh*ts and giggles. Putting on muscle has never been a problem, so I'm not worried about any muscle loss during the phase. Besides, it's only 30 days.

Joe

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the clinical tests that I saw done with women, with injected HCG shows 0 lean mass loss over the span of loosing as much as 15-20lbs of fat.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
the clinical tests that I saw done with women, with injected HCG shows 0 lean mass loss over the span of loosing as much as 15-20lbs of fat.
Check the details of the trials. Only groups that restricted to 500 calories per day differed from placebo groups. Results were for both men and women. Try pubmed...they probably have the results.

bodyfort

Awards
500 calories alone will help you lose weight so that hypothesis is not right unless hcg enhance your appetite. HCG alone will also help reduce some weight but not too big to be fond of. If you want to reduce weight while muscle remain, you need GH or IGF along with HCG.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
The thing that intrigued me about the book as well as people's blogs on the diet with hcg is that it is supposed to restore structual fat in places like the bottom of your foot that get depleted from yo-yo dieting. I have a lot of feet problems and have bulked and cut every year for the last 7 years(bulk winter cut spring/summer) and wonder if this hypothesis could be true. I see people I work with weigh like 500 pounds at my height(5'11") and say to myself, "I don't know how it's possible that they stand on there feet all day".

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Look at the date-- 1969. A lot has change since then. Not sure I would place unwarranted faith in it, especially since hcg can cause other parts of the body to shut down. I recall that since it replaces FSH and LH that they can turn off, just like in TRT.
The doses are too low to cause any legitimate shutdown.

Joe

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
125 iu's. I think even low dosing HCG therapy is around 1,500 weekly (500 iu's x 3 times week). It could be wrong though.
HCG at 1500 IUs per week is considered a high dose for HRT in some circles.

125 IUs per day will impact your LH.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Its *******s like this that make it difficult for people who need proper medication almost impossible to get access to it. Kevin trudeau or what ever the hell his name is should be prosecuted to the fullest extend for coming up with this complete non sense about the HCG diet, and practicing medicine with out a licenses

smc252

Awards
  • Established
If you want to reduce weight while muscle remain, you need GH or IGF along with HCG.
IGF isn't going to do jack for fat loss.

GH will help, not sure about the actual workings of HCG aside from an increase in test....

bodyfort

Awards
you are right smc. though Im only giving alternatives for lower cost cycle.

retort50ml

Awards
If Docs would stop writing scripts for HCG to aid in weight loss and tell people to exercise and diet the guys that need it for HRT may be able to have there scripts filled on a regular basis.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Very few doctors are writing scripts for it since it's not FDA approved use of it. Most people get it overseas from what I understand. In any case, I'm sure it's not helping the supply.

retort50ml

Awards
Very few doctors are writing scripts for it since it's not FDA approved use of it. Most people get it overseas from what I understand. In any case, I'm sure it's not helping the supply.
I agree with you, but there are a growing number who are writing it off label for weight loss. It's probably more associated with these Anti-Aging Clinics/Cosmetic Clinics (wink wink). Many of these Docs are probably giving injects and products out of there office and demanding large supplies. I had a pharmacy tell me the other day a particular Dr.s office in my area was calling all the pharmacies trying to locate as much as possible for there patients. I'm sure other things may also be affecting the supply but this stuff is definitely not helping the problem. Hopefully the manufacturers will start increasing production if they haven't already, although I haven't seen it yet.