Cost of therapy

BigCubano

Awards
An ant-aging clinic in South Florida wants to charge me $510 for test therapy. It would be 200mgs of test c weekly for 3 months. Damn this is so much more expensive than do-it-yourself therapy. I don't have much experience with these HRT clinics. Do you guys think this is a fair price??

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
An ant-aging clinic in South Florida wants to charge me $510 for test therapy. It would be 200mgs of test c weekly for 3 months. Damn this is so much more expensive than do-it-yourself therapy. I don't have much experience with these HRT clinics. Do you guys think this is a fair price??
I would stay away from anti-aging clinics.

You have to spend money, but not on doctors.

Anti-aging clinics, usually, do very little testing, give you 200mg/week, blindly, if you need it or not.

They will not take care of your over all health.

Balance in over all health is the key.
Preventive maintenance of the whole health is what we really want, not just high T levels.
============================================
Best you can do is
study the most common problems on board like this one,
dr John board (PM me), meso board.

So, first you have to become an informed patient.
Next, you have to find doctor that would cooperate and help you with a project of maintaining your health.
You newer let doctor do his thing without your approval and understanding.
There is only one or two docs that you can go, see them, and just follow directions.

Doctors are waiting for things to breake, then they will attempt to fix it.
They are not trained in preventive maintenance.
Actually they expect people to get old and sick,
they are at loss when seeing old person in good health asking for help.

Very often, the reality is that they are driven by big pharma race for profits.
Anti-aging docs (lots not all) are often driven by race for their own profits.
--------------------------------------------------------
Usually you do not know what hit you.
Depending on where you go you get guesses that fits his tool box.

For that reason I prefer as a first step wide net testing.

So to do first step, you just need a doc that will write you that script.
This is the hard part.
After you got results, lots results, as many as you can, you are in position to make a guess of where to turn.

Now you are in position to look for either doc with particular expertise, or just stay with that first (generous, nice, friendly) doc and try to figure out what to do next.

Do not get nickel and dimed by incomplete testing, hamster wheel, gets you nowhere fast.
--------------------------------
You may want to read thru my two threads (there is 3 pages):
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/77385-jansz-metabolic-analysis.html

You may want to look thru protocols at LEF.

The Life Extension Foundation: Disease Prevention And Treatment Protocols

MarkLA

Awards
It depends what it includes. Is $510 for the doctor only, for the meds only, for testing?

It sounds like you are paying for the Cyp and someone to inject it for you. The Cyp costs about $100. Injecting is something you can learn to do yourself. IMHO not worth $410.

The real thing worth paying for is a knowledgeable doc and tests. The blood tests is where it gets expensive, but without them you are flying blind. This costs $, but what value is your health?

I don't advocate do-it-yourself.

Mark