selegiline

engival

Awards
  • Established
is it safe to stop taking selegiline, what would be the sides?

im really tired of taking this stuff and dont notice anything so im going to stop

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
what were you expecting to notice, how long have you been taking it, and @ what dosage/frequency?

15shooter

Awards
is it safe to stop taking selegiline, what would be the sides?

im really tired of taking this stuff and dont notice anything so im going to stop
engival,
this is interesting as I was thinking about starting this due to there is a history of Alzheimer's in my family and I am looking for an edge to sharpen my mind, possibly having to begin yet another career where I will have to learn a great deal of information in a short period of time.

what were you hoping to notice by taking this?

Shippen, in Testosterone Syndrome says Seligiline:
increases T levels
increases dopamine production
stimulates repair of brain cells
increases cognitive functions
has a mild anti-depressant effect
increases sexuality (in animals)
controls LDL cholesterol oxidation by protecting antioxidants

:wave:

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
what were you expecting to notice, how long have you been taking it, and @ what dosage/frequency?
Selegiline, also known as l-deprenyl, is an irreversible and somewhat selective MAO-B inhibitor. It appears to be useful in symptomatic treatment of early Parkinson's disease. Research indicates that Selegiline may also be neuroprotective and act as an antidepressant.

My HRT doc (noted above) prescribed selegiline "slow-gel" more or less as an antidepressant and a cognitive enhancer. I had been taking Zoloft for years which my doc says can interfere with HRT (although I'm not exactly sure by what mechanism). So far, after 90 days on 3mg of selegiline ED, I have been able to cut my Zoloft dose in half and I actually feel better than I have in a long time. My doc also believes selegiline gives a slight boost in T although that's not the main reason it's prescribed.

I also experience the "dopamine rush" when first applied (I rub gel into inside of forearms) which lasts for few hours via increased energy. I love to use this stuff pre-workout!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you just trying to rely on selegiline for these effects? I find Deprenyl to be an excellent, if even indispensible, addition to a comprehensive nootropic/mood enhancing stack, but not spectacular on its own.

engival

Awards
  • Established
well dr. shippen is prescribing me selenigine.
im taking it for higher T and more libido, although honestly im not sure i notice much difference when on it. i been taking it for 6 months now.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well dr. shippen is prescribing me selenigine.
im taking it for higher T and more libido, although honestly im not sure i notice much difference when on it. i been taking it for 6 months now.
I find it most effective when combined with dopaminergics.

HEAT Stack, tyrosine, and Deprenyl always kicked my libido into mass overdrive.

engival

Awards
  • Established
how about your energy levels?

have you noticed a decrease in energy when you stopped selegnine?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Dosage? Frequency?

...and you were expecting signs of increased libido, then?

The action of selegiline is to inhibit the breakdown of dopamine, thereby allowing for higher levels without supplementation. If you notice no signs of increased libido, then sub-normal dopamine levels are/were not your problem...assuming adequate dose & frequency.

if you've been taking (say) 5mg daily for 6 months, and you experience no changes, more won't help you; if you've been taking 1mg twice a week, more *might* help, but likely not.

engival

Awards
  • Established
im taking 5mg but i stopped taking it and i got dam tired,,, i also stopped using clomid and my T went from 700 to 290, now im back on both, but i dont want to take sele

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
im taking 5mg but i stopped taking it and i got dam tired,,, i also stopped using clomid and my T went from 700 to 290, now im back on both, but i dont want to take sele
Looks like you are about ready to be on Clomid for life.
Discuss with your doc swithing to
380iu HCG EOD, every other day.

If you do, remember, you will be much more dependent on quality (freshness) of HCG than someone else who is also using T injections.
It would be ideal if you could buy hcg in small quantities.
Pregnyl-1500iu
would give you 4 injections, 1500/4=375
That would give you (only) 6 days between opening ampoule and first shot and last shot.

engival

Awards
  • Established
but the thing is, something is causing my LH/FSH to not signal my testies, HCG/or clomid are not helping the root cause...

im betting the problem is my hashis, adrenals, which is probably from diet or something in my gut, lack of bowel flora is possible. im still looking into this

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
but the thing is, something is causing my LH/FSH to not signal my testies, HCG/or clomid are not helping the root cause...

im betting the problem is my hashis, adrenals, which is probably from diet or something in my gut, lack of bowel flora is possible. im still looking into this
Enigval;
you are over a year already on this project.
It is about time to cut loses and move on.
Unless your doc gets some breakthru and wants to explore it.

Well, move on to next search.
I would drop Clomid and move to HCG as described above and stay put on that amount and frequency of HCG.
Drop Seleginine.

As a paralel effort arrange for Genova tests.
At one point I was under impression that you were ready to go for it.
With your new job and insurance, you may want to give it a try.

Remaider of the tests,
since it is fishing, it is hard to figure out good sequence, but probably the way I posted:

http://www.gdx.net/home/assessments/nutreval/index.html
GDX NutrEval Profile

http://www.gdx.net/home/assessments/EstroEssence/Index.html
EstroEssence Comprehensive 24hr

http://www.gdx.net/images/reportpdf/compthyroid.pdf
Comprehensive Thyroid Assessment

http://www.gdx.net/ns/assessments/detox/
Comprehensive Detoxification Profile

http://www.gdx.net/ns/assessments/cdsa/index.html
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) 2.0

engival

Awards
  • Established
i dont want hcg though, thats a huge, and im not sure i even need it yet, according to dr. lowe hashis plays a major role in the HTPA and testosterone, etc.

hashis is believed to be caused by stressed and lack of bowel flora in the gut, solving the main cause could reset my HTPA naturally instead of wasting my precious time, money and life on using something that my body simply does not need

im still a firm believer when the body is given the proper nutrients, positive mind, it can heal anything.
and i dont agree on using HRT/hcg/clomid, these are completely new and unnatural for humans, im not sure about the long term side effects of these drugs; these are last resort type thing. i want to try reset my HTPA through major diet and lifestyle changes.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
i dont want hcg though, thats a huge, and im not sure i even need it yet, according to dr. lowe hashis plays a major role in the HTPA and testosterone, etc.

hashis is believed to be caused by stressed and lack of bowel flora in the gut, solving the main cause could reset my HTPA naturally instead of wasting my precious time, money and life on using something that my body simply does not need

im still a firm believer when the body is given the proper nutrients, positive mind, it can heal anything.
and i dont agree on using HRT/hcg/clomid, these are completely new and unnatural for humans, im not sure about the long term side effects of these drugs; these are last resort type thing. i want to try reset my HTPA through major diet and lifestyle changes.
That is very plausible mind set.
It points toward the way Genova tests are geared.