Varicocele Embolisation

brian82

Awards
Hi

I had varicocele embolisation performed left side 8 weeks ago after initially feeling the Op had been a sucess I am wondering if the vein should have disappeared by now as I can still see the varicocele above the left testicle.

What has been the experiences of others who have had the same operation can you still see/feel the veins in the scrotum and should they disappear completely? Also did anyone notice any growth of the testicle after the operation and if so how long did this take?

Thanks

B

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Brian, I had mine done last week. I immediately noticed my "bag of worms" was deflated. It is still there, but smaller and does not hurt anymore. I am hoping it goes away completely. They said I might need a second procedure if any veins remain.

I am also hoping to reverse my atrophy. I have an appt today to get a script for clomid or other LH inducer.

Good luck to you.

brian82

Awards
Mine has gone down a bit but I still get pain and as yet no growth of my left testicle which is considerably smaller than my right. Do you think it will recover naturally or should I consider HCG/Clomid?

How bad is your atrophy?

Thanks

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
How bad is your atrophy?
My left side is probably half size of the right. You may recover on your own. Do you have low T? You could also try some natty LH boosters (ie. tribulus, 6oxo, powerfull etc.)

If you are impatient like me, consider clomid/HCG. Have some bloodwork done... if your LH is low (mine is), SERMS like clomid may work. If your LH is normal, HCG is probably the only way to get some size back. Consult a good doc.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Hi

I had varicocele embolisation performed left side 8 weeks ago after initially feeling the Op had been a sucess I am wondering if the vein should have disappeared by now as I can still see the varicocele above the left testicle.

What has been the experiences of others who have had the same operation can you still see/feel the veins in the scrotum and should they disappear completely? Also did anyone notice any growth of the testicle after the operation and if so how long did this take?

Thanks

B
I had mine done a year ago. Varicocele was gone after about 2 months. Testicle never recovered even after Clomid. I am on TRT now.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I had mine done a year ago. Varicocele was gone after about 2 months. Testicle never recovered even after Clomid. I am on TRT now.
Have you tried HCG for testicle recovery?

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Had mine done over a year ago and I can still feel where the scar is, since they cut some of my veins out.. Left nut was atrophied before surgery, but i feel fine.. I never had it measured again, but it feels the same as my right. I actually went back to my urologist to have him check it out a couple times because I get paranoid because i can still feel something but he says it most likely will stay like this.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand how this would help because HCG will shut you down.
It'll shut you down but it gets your testicles back to size and restores function. That's why you use it before clomid or nolva.. I'd use HCG then follow with a Clomid for a few weeks if I was trying to fix my atrophied testicles

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
It'll shut you down but it gets your testicles back to size and restores function. That's why you use it before clomid or nolva.. I'd use HCG then follow with a Clomid for a few weeks if I was trying to fix my atrophied testicles
Does size correlate to amt. of testosterone produced? Seems like bigger would be healthier.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
It increases test and sperm production but it will further suppress the HTPA, so after you stop you might be in a worse position than you started. That's why I said to follow using Clomid. I'm not doctor that's just my understanding of it.

STM

Awards
Leanguy,
I've been going through some varicocele threads, have my surgery in July, with a left nut 60% the size of the right. Right seems slightly larger than the average size - hopefully that means it's making up some of the lost T, but who knows...stories haven't been promising.

I caught some of your old posts about HCG, and Clomid. Any luck with either of those regarding your Varicocele?

Thanks for the info, truly appreciated.

guesty

Awards
gday fellas,im goin to get my varicocele immobilised in a few weeks hopefully all goes well,though i just wanted to ask,due to the weight in you scrotum from the varicocele do your balls really sag,i look like iv got 80 year old balls and the skin is really loose and thin,im only 23 and very conciouse about it,is this cause of the varicocele and if so can it be treated other than plastic surgery?its really worrying me,

cheers,guesty

spector007

Awards
I had a varicocele embolization done 13 days ago and I still feel sharp pain when I touch the veins in my left scrotum. I saw the interventional radiologist and he said that the vein went down from 5mm to 3.5 after 9 days. He says that the pain that i'm feeling is related to the varicocele and that it should go away with time. Do you recall if you had pain in the scrotum after your embolization? I feel no pain anywhere else.

Thanks!