Pregnenolone role in TRT?
- 01-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Pregnenolone role in TRT?
I am 33 and my test is around 300-400 (no steroid use, but varicocele). I've been using some strong compounded test gel, but noticing like many that it raises only DHT (now over the limit). Based on what I've read here, I am going to try adding some pregnenolone cream. My progesterone tested at the low end of normal, so it is safe to assume my preg is low also.
1. Will preg make the T-gel more effective at raising total T instead of DHT? Maybe enough to avoid T-shots?
2. Is it best to rub the T-gel over the same area as the preg cream to inhibit DHT? I'm not sure if it works like that?
3. Will preg raise estrogen? Mine is mid-range at 25.
4. Will preg raise cortisol levels? I am hoping not, because mine already runs high at night. I'm hoping the preg will help w/ insomnia, not make it worse.
Anyone's experiences w/ preg are welcome.
- 01-20-2008, 12:24 PM
1. Your mileage may vary. It didn't work for me. I went from androgel to 10% compounded and all I did was make more DHT.
2. The effects of the pregnenolone cream are systemic. I don't think rubbing one over the other will matter in regards to metabolites.
3. Maybe, yes; everyone is different.
4. No idea, sorry.
If you're having trouble sleeping, melatonin (3 mg) works for me. Good luck.
- 02-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Injections are not a problem and you can use tiny insulin needles for T injections... best more that once a week.
The TRT has shutdown your HPTA and your testes are not working and probably shrinking. When your testes shut down, your pregnenolone levels drop because your testes are [used to be] the largest single source of pregnenolone in your body. If you inject hCG, your testes will work and pregnenolone levels will recover to some extent. The testes will also product a baseline level of T too. HCG at 250iu SC EOD is a good way to go.
TRT will not work well if your E2 levels are too high. Some go through with elevated E2, even when T is high.
02-06-2008, 09:09 AM
After I found study on this subject I switched to 380iu EOD.
306iu EOD appears to be the dose that brings testist to 100%,
I just added 10% just in case.
Bottom of post #62
Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
The other good thing about higher HCG dose is that with it the 10000iu vial is gone by the end of second month.
Some people throw out their unused hcg after 2 months or at least agonize about it.
Similar Forum Threads
- By yeahright in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 06-09-2006, 10:51 AM
- By Jayhawkk in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-02-2006, 09:31 AM
- By Magickk in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 9Last Post: 04-18-2006, 11:09 AM
- By Grifter in forum AnabolicsReplies: 30Last Post: 01-29-2005, 05:26 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 07-06-2003, 12:51 PM