Help Please, Anybody!

  1. Help Please, Anybody!


    Just started HRT about 12 weeks ago. Am currently on 140mg/week of Test Cyp. and 250iu of HCG twice per week.Since I've been on the therapy my blood pressure has skyrocked from about 120/80 to 150/98. Can this be from the protocol and if so does this mean I can't be on TRT?

    Also latest bllod test I received in mail today shows Hemoglobin at 17.4 range 13.2-17.1
    Hemacrit 51.2 range 38.5-50.0
    absolute eosinophils 515 range 15-500

    What does this mean, doesn't seem good to me? Any comments appreciated.
    1


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jrj View Post
    Just started HRT about 12 weeks ago. Am currently on 140mg/week of Test Cyp. and 250iu of HCG twice per week.Since I've been on the therapy my blood pressure has skyrocked from about 120/80 to 150/98. Can this be from the protocol and if so does this mean I can't be on TRT?

    Also latest bllod test I received in mail today shows Hemoglobin at 17.4 range 13.2-17.1
    Hemacrit 51.2 range 38.5-50.0
    absolute eosinophils 515 range 15-500

    What does this mean, doesn't seem good to me? Any comments appreciated.
    1
    In the mean time, donate blood.

    You may want to repeat Hematocrit test, drink 16oz plain water two hours before the blood draw.
    ============================== ==========
    You most likely have other problems.

    I suggest more frequent (daily) injections, T & hcg on alternate days,

    and more complete testing.

    Start with Genova Diagnostics

    NutrEval

    http://www.gdx.net/home/assessments/nutreval/index.html

    then

    Quest Diagnostic, list on my post #44

    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
  3. Help Please, Anybody!


    Thanks JanSZ:

    Any thoughts on the blood pressure increase?
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by jrj View Post
    Thanks JanSZ:

    Any thoughts on the blood pressure increase?
    Check your blood pressure two days after blood donation.

    If you have any other blood tests, post them,
    name, value, range, units, name of laboratory.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Check your blood pressure two days after blood donation.

    If you have any other blood tests, post them,
    name, value, range, units, name of laboratory.
    The increased blood viscosity that results from the increased Hgb and Hct can raise blood pressure. But I wonder whether it is the only cause - the Hgb and Hct increase is relatively modest, and you have a sharp jump in blood pressure.


    I came off of TRT because of its effect on my blood pressure. At it's highest, mine topped out at 160/90. After I stopped the TRT it was back down to 110's/70's in a couple of weeks. I didn't have increased Hgb and/or Hgb like you do, though. I also had a sharp increase in laboratory markers of inflammation like c-reactive protein and homocysteine and allergic-type symptoms.

    A mild elevation in eosinophil count like yours can be a result of hay fever or other allergies, or it could result from a drug reaction.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jrj View Post
    Just started HRT about 12 weeks ago. Am currently on 140mg/week of Test Cyp. and 250iu of HCG twice per week.Since I've been on the therapy my blood pressure has skyrocked from about 120/80 to 150/98. Can this be from the protocol and if so does this mean I can't be on TRT?

    Also latest bllod test I received in mail today shows Hemoglobin at 17.4 range 13.2-17.1
    Hemacrit 51.2 range 38.5-50.0
    absolute eosinophils 515 range 15-500

    What does this mean, doesn't seem good to me? Any comments appreciated.
    1
    In the same time frame have you started taking any medication (Rx or OTC) or nutritional supplements (like pregnenolone or DHEA)?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    The increased blood viscosity that results from the increased Hgb and Hct can raise blood pressure. But I wonder whether it is the only cause - the Hgb and Hct increase is relatively modest, and you have a sharp jump in blood pressure.


    I came off of TRT because of its effect on my blood pressure. At it's highest, mine topped out at 160/90. After I stopped the TRT it was back down to 110's/70's in a couple of weeks. I didn't have increased Hgb and/or Hgb like you do, though. I also had a sharp increase in laboratory markers of inflammation like c-reactive protein and homocysteine and allergic-type symptoms.

    A mild elevation in eosinophil count like yours can be a result of hay fever or other allergies, or it could result from a drug reaction.

    Inflammation (Chronic) - Print Version : Online Reference For Health Concerns

    PTX is prescribed to improve blood flow properties by decreasing its viscosity. It works by improving red blood cell flexibility, decreasing platelet aggregation, and reducing fibrinogen levels
    -------------------

    Do you think PTX may be apropriate in his case of elevated
    Hemoglobin
    and
    Hematocrit
    ?????
    --------------------

    I am using it, I have elevated fibrinogen.
    Fibrinogen=424(175-425)mg/dL
    -------------------------------------------
    pentoxifylline (PTX); the brand name is Trental
    -----------------------------------------------

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Inflammation (Chronic) - Print Version : Online Reference For Health Concerns

    PTX is prescribed to improve blood flow properties by decreasing its viscosity. It works by improving red blood cell flexibility, decreasing platelet aggregation, and reducing fibrinogen levels
    -------------------

    Do you think PTX may be apropriate in his case of elevated
    Hemoglobin
    and
    Hematocrit
    ?????
    --------------------

    I am using it, I have elevated fibrinogen.
    Fibrinogen=424(175-425)mg/dL
    -------------------------------------------
    pentoxifylline (PTX); the brand name is Trental
    -----------------------------------------------

    If he has an elevated fibrinogen level -- and he could have, given that he has one elevated inflammatory marker, so he could have others, like an elevated fibrinogen level--Trental might be a good option.


    Without elevated fibrinogen, I would think aspirin would do the trick. It does not affect blood viscosity, but because of its anti-platelet effect, it decreases the likelihood of blood clots.


    I am astonished at how effective aspirin is for discouraging clotting. I already take a prescription blood thinner for another condition. I was taking one baby aspirin/day without ill effect. When I read about all the benefits from taking a whole aspirin/day I decided to see if I could handle it.

    I had to stop - I started getting bruises and petecchiae (red blood cells leaking from the capillaries) all over, so I was forced to go back to my one baby aspirin/day.

    But it was a good demonstration of how potent aspirin is.
  9. Help


    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    In the same time frame have you started taking any medication (Rx or OTC) or nutritional supplements (like pregnenolone or DHEA)?
    yes I did start DHEA?

  10. [I came off of TRT because of its effect on my blood pressure. At it's highest, mine topped out at 160/90. After I stopped the TRT it was back down to 110's/70's in a couple of weeks.

    How do you now handle the effects of not receiving TRT. I assume you started treatment becuase of symptoms most of us suffer from?
  11. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    I hate to be Capt. Obvious, but have you considered discussing this with your doctor and if so what has his response been?
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by jrj View Post
    yes I did start DHEA?
    DHEA could be implicated in blood pressure with some people.

    Perhaps taking a break to determine if DHEA is a cause or aggravating factor.

    How much DHEA are you taking?
  13. Help


    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I hate to be Capt. Obvious, but have you considered discussing this with your doctor and if so what has his response been?
    Have appointment set for next week; was just trying to get some info in the meantime.
  14. help


    [QUOTE=rick055;1173664]
    How much DHEA are you taking?[/QUOTE

    Was using about 48mgs topical per day and about 15 mgs preg per day-topical.
  15. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Good. I completely understand.

    Often times (mis)information or information overload can further intensify already unpleasant symptoms, especially things like BP. Then randomly trying to remedy symptoms with various things may only further hinder discovering the initial cause for the symptom.

    Good luck.
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  16. [QUOTE=jrj;1173668]
    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    How much DHEA are you taking?[/QUOTE

    Was using about 48mgs topical per day and about 15 mgs preg per day-topical.
    Pregnenolone especially has been inplicated in BP/arrythmia issues in some people.

    Did you start these meds concurrent to starting TRT. Were you on DHEA/preg before TRT?
  17. help


    [QUOTE=rick055;1173673]
    Quote Originally Posted by jrj View Post

    Pregnenolone especially has been inplicated in BP/arrythmia issues in some people.

    Did you start these meds concurrent to starting TRT. Were you on DHEA/preg before TRT?
    Was told to begin after being on TRT for several weeks.

  18. [QUOTE=jrj;1173675]
    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post

    Was told to begin after being on TRT for several weeks.
    Did you notice high blood pressure after starting these? They might be at least partly to blame, especially the pregnenolone.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jrj View Post
    [I came off of TRT because of its effect on my blood pressure. At it's highest, mine topped out at 160/90. After I stopped the TRT it was back down to 110's/70's in a couple of weeks.

    How do you now handle the effects of not receiving TRT. I assume you started treatment becuase of symptoms most of us suffer from?


    The BP was only one of a constellation of problems that caused me to decide I would be better off without the TRT than with. I find that the symptoms of hypogonadism are easier to live with than the symptoms caused by the TRT.

  20. cpeil, would you agree that DHEA/pregnenolone might be partly to blame here?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    cpeil, would you agree that DHEA/pregnenolone might be partly to blame here?

    I don't know. This is the first I have heard that they can effect BP.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. A Little Help Please
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 04:21 PM
  2. First Time FINA: help - please?
    By Deadlift76 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 02:43 PM
  3. 1st Cycle Help Please
    By gettin'old in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 11:25 AM
  4. Lil help please
    By CNcurl90s44 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2003, 11:53 AM
  5. Someone Help, Please!
    By deaconbill in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 06:04 PM
Log in
Log in