TRT & Fertility

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
I am in the process of looking at having a vasectomy reversal and also on TRT. My question is I have heard differant opinions/comments as far a taking test. and fertility. I thought once I had the reversal that my urologist would take me off of test and put me on something else (I dont know what, clomid or something).

Anyway, he said that I dont need to stop with the test. Does anyone have any info in regards to TRT and trying to have a kid? I am not familiar with low test and sperm. So much info, Im still trying to figure out the loss of libido and maintaining a good errection let alone this new sperm count thing.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
He will probably suggest hCG and/or hMG.

I have heard Gonal-F mentioned, too, though I don't know much about it.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
thats kind of what I thought. I would have thought that I would stop taking test and take something to help get me producing my own. At this point my dr. does not have me taking hcg as part of my TRT. I am only taking test-e.

Not sure what he will do but at this point all that was mentioned was that i would stay on test. Guess I will learn more when I set up a appointment.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
thats kind of what I thought. I would have thought that I would stop taking test and take something to help get me producing my own. At this point my dr. does not have me taking hcg as part of my TRT. I am only taking test-e.

Not sure what he will do but at this point all that was mentioned was that i would stay on test. Guess I will learn more when I set up a appointment.
I don't think you will necessarily need to stop taking test. I know a couple of guys who were able to conceive while on test using some combination of the above.

From my own perspective, I have been on TRT for about 5 months. I switched to injectibles 4 weeks ago and started including hCG at that time, 2 days a week at 250 iu.

I have already noticed a difference in my testes, which I would think would translate to fertility.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
I'm switching Dr. again. I cant get anyone to really listen to the HCG thing. Most respond to that used for woman. They all want to send me to a euro but that would be a waste of time.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
My tests came back today from my biopsy and I am not producing any good sperm. Correct, he said zero! Guessing there is no reason to get a vasectomy reversal